Universal Timeshare Resort Planned

Lisa P.

Peaceful, Worshipful, Joyful
Looks like DVC won't have the only theme park associated timeshare properties in the Orlando area for much longer. Here's a link to a Globe St. article about a sad story (imho) regarding a family that sold property to Universal parks for this purpose. I think it's sad because it clearly raises issues between the family members. But as for Universal... here's the opening quote:

ORLANDO-Universal Orlando today starts planning its $100 million, 70-acre timeshare venture after winning an eight-year court battle with a 92-year-old property owner for a contentious two-acre tract in southwest Orlando, directly across the street from its theme parks.

Is this news to you all? This is the first I've ever read about this. Wonder if there's more to know about it?

****** Universal is also allowing Moore to remain in his aging cottage for the rest of his life but he will have to pay the annual $8,000-a-year taxes from now on. Moore's only income is a $600-a-month Social Security check, court records show.

"That will eventually remove Mr. Moore from the two-acre property permanently since he obviously is in no position to pay $8,000 a year property taxes," a real estate lawyer following the case but not associated with it, tells GlobeSt.com on condition of anonymity. ******

I think Disney should pay the mans property taxes until the day he dies.

I think Disney should pay the mans property taxes until the day he dies.
As a PR move, or just out of kindness? Who knows it might have value. But, they'd just be making Universal's time easier, as they'd be out of court.

Sad story, without knowing for sure, it seems like the daughter took advantage of the situation. She, most assuredly, should pay the property taxes out of her $1 million.

The way I read the article is that US has won the lawsuit,but can't procede with developement until the man dies or losses the property from failure to pay property tax. They state that since he's on a fixed income of $600.00 per month,this won't take long to happen. Just to be a thorn in US's side,Disney should pay the taxes.

To me the article sounds like a made-for-tv movie script. Greedy grand daughter steals & sells property to big company. But I don't expect we're going to see a happy ending for grand dad.

The poor man is 92 years old... imagine living to that lovely age and thinking (or knowing) that your own family member did this. Very sad.

I wonder how long he'll live.... how long his parents and grandparents lived. 92 is pretty old by most people's standards. Yet, I've personally met very spry 96, 102 and 106 year olds! ...still walking unassisted, fully self care, sharp thinking. If this man is in their longevity category, it could be a long time yet, that's he's in that cottage. Even if the family or some competitor doesn't pay those taxes, some other donor could. But he may give up, now that his case is settled, if he hasn't any more fight left in him, and end up only lasting a little while longer. Who knows. Will be interesting anyhow.

I didn't post the link to point out any wrongdoing on the part of Universal. They only tried to follow through with their purchase agreement and development plans. Now I wonder if Universal has a theme or design in mind yet. :) I also wonder whether they will begin to develop the portion of the property that does not physically include the actual cottage... perhaps with a fence/wall/landscaping to separate the two.

This woman is the lowest of the low...But I'm not sure letting Universal off without rebuke (from the public) is the correct thing to do either...If this were Disney involved the hue and cry (not to mention the press) would be deafening!
:smooth: :smooth: :bounce: :smooth: :smooth:

There is always the possiblity that he really did sign his X to the papers and changed his mind later after it was too late. I'm not saying the daughter is innocent, I just haven't seen any proof that she's guilty either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter