Universal to Drop Hints about Jimmy's Replacement

I'm just conveying the way I understand the contract. You may not think a projector system upgrade would/should be considered a true upgrade but Disney may not see it that way. Who knows what will happen.

Fair enough.

Hmmmm..... i wonder though what the service life of the existing projector system is, and if it's even possible to replace it with the exact same ones.

IOW's, while it would technically be an upgrade to move to a digitial projection system, I wonder if due to the age of the existing projector system (figure going on 12yrs of constant use....assuming it hasn't been replaced in a past refurb) could give them a loophole to avoid having to get Disney approval. You can't really get a "new" camera or projector of the exact same type as you could 13yrs ago (year prior to IOA's opening), so if the projectors needed to be replaced due to an end of service life, and the only replacements they could get due to the advance of technology would be a digital system, I could see it being something that could slip past all the lawyers.

For Example.... Let's say that looking at available equipment on the market today that would be compatible with the spiderman ride system/technology you have 2 choices. A Film based system similar to what is in use today, or a digital system. Due to the general marketplace's move to Digital systems, the Film based system could cost $20,000, while Digital could be only $10,000. (Think about how high end film cameras are starting to cost more than high end Digital cameras). Since the contract requires the existing attractions maintain a certain level of Quality, Would Disney and that contract have the pull to require the additional $10,000 in capital costs to provide that quality using the older technology even though the guest's experience wouldn't be drastically changed. (meaning, outside of us park junkies, would the average guest even notice the upgrade)

Obviously though, all this is speculation since none of really know the full details of the contracts involved, or how viscous the lawyers on each side are wanting to be in it's enforcement as long as neither party blatantly abuses it.

Do you have links to those types of details in the contract? I can only find details that say that can't add new characters and info about merchandising.
No...I just remember seeing it online along with the other things being discussed.

From Screamscape:

as of this past weekend, one of the projection scenes in Spiderman appears to have been upgrades to use a new digital projection system. I’ve been told that it is the fifth projection scene, described as the one featuring the villain Hydro. Could this be the first “test screen” for the rumored all digital upgrade for the attraction?

Well, based on that, it seems like this confirms the rumors of digital projection! Has anybody been to the parks in the past few days and been on Spidermen? I would like to know how much of a difference you can see. Also, if they were able to upgrade this overnight ( I assume) hopefully we see this upgrade finished before the busy summer season!

From Screamscape:

Well, based on that, it seems like this confirms the rumors of digital projection! Has anybody been to the parks in the past few days and been on Spidermen? I would like to know how much of a difference you can see. Also, if they were able to upgrade this overnight ( I assume) hopefully we see this upgrade finished before the busy summer season!

Thats great news, maybe it will be done before we go on Memorial Day weekend.:thumbsup2

From Screamscape:

And hopefully this isn't part of the announcement.

Maybe the announcement will be a Despicable Me overlay in Jimmy Neutron and Madagascar Crate Adventure! I'd love that. There really is a lack of kids' stuff at the studios.

And hopefully this isn't part of the announcement.

Maybe the announcement will be a Despicable Me overlay in Jimmy Neutron and Madagascar Crate Adventure! I'd love that. There really is a lack of kids' stuff at the studios.

The Jimmy replacement is a definite. Despicable Me is most likely, and it WILL be announced during the webcast. The other is very iffy. A lot of people are pointing at Spiderman getting digital projection as the major enhancement...but that is really lame. Hoping for something else, though expecting spiderman.
I'll keep everyone informed next Thursday.

I hope its not despicable me- hardly a blockbuster in my opinion.

I would like it to be Avatar, and i think this is a possibility. (is that tree in the photo like the one in Avatar)

However, the clues for me seem to shout out dreamworks for some reason, so could well be something themed around Madagascar, or several Dreamworks films all rolled into one.

Deals have been done with dreamworks across the univeral parks worldwide, and it seems to make sense that this would include more dreamworks in Orlando park too.

Plus, isnt dreamworks owned by Spielberg? If so, he may be ok with giving up his ET ride, to be replaced with crate adventure, or similar?

I have a confirmation by a trusted friend that infact, there have been digital projectors installed in the scenes with Hydro and Electro.

This has got to be one of the announcements on thursday.

I wasn't trying to imply you were behind. Just supporting your info.

I didn't mean it to sound mean or, thats not the word Im looking for but we'll keep it as is;) But I am behind I'm usually on top of that stuff. *shrugs* Can't wait to see it myself in december!

May 12:
"With only four UORHints left until the big announcement on May 19 we know you're antsy, but our UORHint is feeling artsy! Which one do you think is our favorite painting? "
Here's a link to the album
http://s54.photobucket.com/albums/g107/terrilelia/Orlando Happenings/UORHints/UORHints3/

Today:
"What time is it? UORHint time! Only two left after this, so get your thinking caps on! As you can imagine, creating a new attraction involves testing several elements. Our UORHint wants to know what in the world our Creative team is testing here?"
230883_10150183755157852_90867402851_7062028_8215679_n.jpg

I hope its not despicable me- hardly a blockbuster in my opinion.

I would like it to be Avatar, and i think this is a possibility. (is that tree in the photo like the one in Avatar)

However, the clues for me seem to shout out dreamworks for some reason, so could well be something themed around Madagascar, or several Dreamworks films all rolled into one.

Deals have been done with dreamworks across the univeral parks worldwide, and it seems to make sense that this would include more dreamworks in Orlando park too.

Plus, isnt dreamworks owned by Spielberg? If so, he may be ok with giving up his ET ride, to be replaced with crate adventure, or similar?
When you say that Despicable Me is hardly a blockbuster do you mean money-wise or to yourself? It made $543,113,985 internationally with $251,513,985 of that being domestic earnings. Plus it's an actual Universal product so they will likely want to do something with it. Besides, I loved it. ;)

I do agree that based on the hints Dreamworks looks likely though.

I didn't mean it to sound mean or, thats not the word Im looking for but we'll keep it as is;) But I am behind I'm usually on top of that stuff. *shrugs* Can't wait to see it myself in december!

Sorry, I just didn't want you to misinterpret my post. You didn't sound mean at all. I just didn't want you to think I was implying anything.

Sorry, I just didn't want you to misinterpret my post. You didn't sound mean at all. I just didn't want you to think I was implying anything.

Well you do tend to be a troll on the board so I would always think that. :rotfl: Yeah right you're one of the nicest and most helpful on the board. Plus you have an adorable dog in your sig, can't be mean with a dog like that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter