universal

Beverly Lynn

comfortably numb
by my next trip in sep Aryn will have just turned 5. I am trying to figure out if she will be big enough for many of the rides there in the newer park. she isn't afraid of any rides. she loves the haunted mansion and roller coasters and snow white. is it worh it to take her now or wait until she is around 7? I get in for free but will have to pay for her. if its not worth it I don't want to spend the extra money. thanks

At that age, my son loved Universal even more than Disney. It is just a dfifferent type of park, they can't compare at all.

Wanda

Hey, Beverly there are a lot of questions similiar to this one on the Universal/IOA forum.

But, our girls are the same age. Yes, I am taking her (she will be one week from 5) on our trip in August.

At Universal, there is ET, Barney, Hanna Barbara, Woody Woodpecker, Nickelodeon studio, and the Barney show for the kid set.
If your DD is adventourous, and not afraid, she can really go on everything.. Men In Black, JAWS, Earthquake, King Kong, Back to the Future. The only one I would not say is Terminator 2 and the Alfred Hitchcock thing.

AT IOA: well depending on her height there is a lot to do. If she can make the 42 inch requirement, Spiderman is a MUST. Jurassic Park is a cool ride as well, same with all the Dr. Suess things.

There are play lands in both the parks, one with a Fievel theme/Curious George theme.

Really, I enjoy Universal.

My DD is 5 and she loves Islands of Adventure, especially Seuss Landing. She's not much of a thrill-ride person yet, but all of the rides she doesn't ride, my DH and I do, so we feel it's a park for the whole family. If your DD loves thrill rides, she'll be in heaven at IOA.

Beverly Lynn! :wave:

Now you know that the Universal board, my other home, is where to go for info like this!

Michael was 6 took his little friend, a girl of 5, to our very first trip to Orlando back in 1999. The little girl was a bit scary so she preferred Universal. Michael preferred Islands of Adventure so it depends on your child. Barry Hom has a great post about kids and USF, for a peek
CLICK HERE

Give that adorable Aryn a hug for me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter