Universal's new dining plan is totally worth it!

PoohLover78

Mouseketeer
I just did the new dining plan today. At first, I thought I wouldn't need it however, given its price it was an awesome deal. It's currently priced at $18.99 plus tax for adults and gives you one quick service meal (with drink), two snacks and an additional beverage. So, out of this deal I got:

Rib platter at 3 Broomsticks (14.99) plus Apple Cider (I think 2.99 - forgot to check)
Frozen Butterbeer as snack (4.29)
Death by Chocolate cake (5.29)
Diet Coke (2.99)
(all prices plus tax...)

Now do the math and check how much that all adds up to! Universal is doing a great job though first asking you what quick service meal you want and then suggesting to get the meal plan because overall it might be cheaper

Just thought I'd share this with you guys since I haven't seen a post yet.

Thanks for sharing...sounds like this meal plan will be very popular.

This is great information! Thanks!

We noticed they changed the wording on the meal deals last time we were at HHN and now I'm glad we know why!

Is the info somewhere online about this plan? I haven't seen this one yet and we would waste money on the all-day dining plans since we don't eat enough to make all-day plans worth it. Plus, with the old plan, Three Broomsticks was not included in the Quick Service.

*Edited - I found it with a search on another website, but not on Universal's page. Comparing prices, we usually do eat cheaper than that since we usually buy just two snacks for all five of us to share and bring drinks in - except for a couple of frozen butterbeers! Is it possible to only have some people in our party buy this? And are the kids snack choices the same as the adults? 10 snacks for our crew is way more snacks than we need.

The new dining plan is good at pretty much every food location in either parks. They advertise it as being good at over 100 locations. You can buy the dining plan at every quick food restaurant plus at certain locations throughout the parks. You get a card that has your entitlements stored on it which will be swiped as payment. The quick service meal is pretty much any entree you can get at a quick service place and includes any non-alcoholic beverage the place serves (no souvenir cups). The extra beverage is also anything non-alcoholic except for frozen drinks like slushees which counts as a snack. Snacks can be anything from popcorn to churros to ice cream to cake. It's pretty much anything that is not alcohol and doesn't count as an entree. That also includes food sold at carts (got my beverage at a cart).

I don't know when they started this, they didn't have it last week, but I must say that every food place employee seemed to be very well trained on this new dining plan.

Since I was gonna get the rib platter and a Butterbeer for lunch anyway, the dining plan cost a few cents less and got me an extra snack and basically two extra beverages (cause the Butterbeer was a snack).

Is the info somewhere online about this plan? I haven't seen this one yet and we would waste money on the all-day dining plans since we don't eat enough to make all-day plans worth it. Plus, with the old plan, Three Broomsticks was not included in the Quick Service.

*Edited - I found it with a search on another website, but not on Universal's page. Comparing prices, we usually do eat cheaper than that since we usually buy just two snacks for all five of us to share and bring drinks in - except for a couple of frozen butterbeers! Is it possible to only have some people in our party buy this? And are the kids snack choices the same as the adults? 10 snacks for our crew is way more snacks than we need.

Just saw your edit. From what I gathered, you don't have to buy the meal plan for every person in your party. It's not tied to a specific person, it's tied to one of those plastic cards. I saw people in line in front of me just get one dining plan since they intended to share the meal anyway. There is also a kid version of the meal plan. I didn't pay attention to the price but I do remember it said it only included one snack for children. The choices were the same though. I guess you could just buy one meal plan and use that if that would serve your whole family.

Ah - I had missed seeing that it was just one snack for children. The adult one will save us more money then. That's great that they allow you to share! We usually don't buy everyone their own meal. We're definitely going to consider this for our upcoming trip.

This is very interesting. Is there a page somewhere that explains what exactly is available?

This is great! I'm glad they have a quick service plan since we don't plan on eating at too many sit down restaurants, well we would but the TS dining plan isn't available for my travel dates :( C'est la vie.

Is this just for people staying at partner hotels or can u use it on site?

Everyone can get it. You don't have to stay at any of the Universal hotels to buy this. Plus, it's not tied to one park only - you can use it at both parks on the same day (it's what I did yesterday).

I talked to someone at Guest Services today and was told the dining plan first went public Monday. Maybe that's why there is no info yet on the website because it's still so new?

Is it only good for the day? If I have a snack credit or drink credit left, could I use it the next day?

This is a 1 day, pre-paid dining plan. Only good on the day any credit is first used. It would be nice to think that you could accumulate unredeemed snacks and drinks from several days and use them in the future, but no.

Thanks. I was hoping it was a 24 hour window but it still seems like a really good deal! :-)

It was in full effect with lots if advertising around the park this past weekend. I believe it started just this past weekend from what a read somewhere. I grabbed a flyer with the prices and info but threw it out after I got it home.

Here's the info that I can find on the Universal site:

Make your meals at Universal Orlando® fun and easy with the Universal Dining Plan - Quick Service, which gives you savings and convenience of adding your meals when you book your Universal Orlando® Resort vacation.

The whole family can eat together at many of the most popular Quick Service and Cart locations in both theme parks and Universal CityWalk®...over a hundred locations in all! Dine at great Quick Service locations like Mel's Drive In and Monsters' Cafe in Universal Studios®; Burger Digs and Circus McGurkus in Universal Islands of Adventure®; or Pastamore Marketplace and Big Kahuna Pizza in CityWalk®.

Each day of the Dining Plan that you purchase lets you enjoy:
One quick serve meal at a counter service eatery (1 entree platter and non-alcoholic beverage)
Two tasty snacks per adult and One per child from outdoor food carts or select counter service locations
One cold or hot drink

Redemption Information: We've made it easy to pick up your Universal Dining Plan - Quick Service tickets at our Will Call Kiosks conveniently located at the front of both Universal Studios Florida® and Universal's Islands of Adventure®. Swipe the credit card used during your purchase (for verification purposes only), enter your Reservation Number provided on your E-Travel Document and tickets will print automatically.

Your Universal Dining Plan - Quick Service ticket must be exchanged for a Universal Dining Plan - Quick Service Card at the Dining Carts or Guest Services located at the entrance to each Theme Park.
Inclusions:
One quick serve meal at a counter service eatery (1 entree platter and non-alcoholic beverage)
Two tasty snacks per adult and One per child from outdoor food carts or select counter service locations
One cold or hot drink
Exclusions: Merchandise not included.
Ticket Pickup Location: Pick up your Universal Dining Plan - Quick Service tickets at a Will Call Kiosk in front of both Universal Studios Florida and Universal's Islands of Adventure.

When sharing information from outside websites, make sure you aren't mentioning one that has been restricted from this website. Some posts will need to be deleted if a restricted company is mentioned.

Thank you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter