"UnOfficial" May 2013 planning thread. It's never to early to start planning!

I don't know where we'll be staying or when, totally depends on SWW dates for next year. But we will be there!

We will be going back next year. Planning for May 25-June2. Hopefully staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge. We have been twice before in May and I love that time of year.

Welcome taymorel. Yea, another Diser going the week I am going. :woohoo: AKL looks beautiful, I really hope to stay there at some time. I went to WDW world last year in May and it was great. I can't wait to go back at the same time and bring my little girl. Hope she like SWW.:rolleyes1

You have been added to the list.:thumbsup2

I don't know where we'll be staying or when, totally depends on SWW dates for next year. But we will be there!

Yea tink is here. I hope our trips are overlapping a little this year so I can finally meet you and anikan.:)

Thanks for adding me. :thumbsup2
No problem. I actually noticed that I did it wrong and had to fix it when I did the last add.:lmao: Must have been tiered. Can't wait to hear more about your trip.:goodvibes

We are in the process of planning our next trip to celebrate DD's High School graduation. Our tentative dates are May 24th-June 9th still not sure about the resort.

We always wanted to travel in May but school schedules have prevented it till now. We were just there June 7 -17 and had a wonderful time. DD loves SWW so we knew we wanted to return during that time.

Looking forward to hearing everyones plans :goodvibes

So is it pretty sweltering in May?

I have been in September and it was pretty hot. But nothing too bad. I have nothing to compare it to really. Just curious what you all think of May weather.

We are in the process of planning our next trip to celebrate DD's High School graduation. Our tentative dates are May 24th-June 9th still not sure about the resort.

We always wanted to travel in May but school schedules have prevented it till now. We were just there June 7 -17 and had a wonderful time. DD loves SWW so we knew we wanted to return during that time.

Welcom wdwnut61. Glad to have another Diser going at about the same time I am.:) I loved going in May last year, can't wait to hear more about your plans.

You have been officially added to the list.:thumbsup2 Just let me know if anything changes

I have been in September and it was pretty hot. But nothing too bad. I have nothing to compare it to really. Just curious what you all think of May weather.

I was there in Mid September for 2009 and the end of May in 2011. During both occasions It was in the mid/high 80's or low 90's all week. I don't know if this was typical or untypical weather for that time of year. I did notice that it did cool down at night and the one evening we did the swimming pool was barely warm enough to go swimming (or at least in MHO). :goodvibes

Hi! We are going from May 31st to June 8th!!!! There will be 11 of us going! Out of the 11 going...only 3 of us have been there before, so it should be very exciting!!! It is going to be a little bit of a challange because we will have 6 kids ranging in age from 3 to 15!
We are staying at POP, and I could not contain myself at the one year mark.....so we booked our rooms! I am not sure we are going to do the dining plan. It is up for debate! As for ADR's everyone wants to go to Chef Mickey's, CRT, and T-Rex Cafe! I would love to go several other places, but I also do not want to many table service meals, so we will see!
I really look forward to see how everyone's trips are comming together!!!!

I was there in Mid September for 2009 and the end of May in 2011. During both occasions It was in the mid/high 80's or low 90's all week. I don't know if this was typical or untypical weather for that time of year. I did notice that it did cool down at night and the one evening we did the swimming pool was barely warm enough to go swimming (or at least in MHO). :goodvibes

Thank you for your opinion! I just kinda want to brace myself for it. I know it will definitely be hot compared to where we live. We will most likely still be wearing sweaters when we leave for Disney. :upsidedow

Hi! We are going from May 31st to June 8th!!!! There will be 11 of us going! Out of the 11 going...only 3 of us have been there before, so it should be very exciting!!! It is going to be a little bit of a challange because we will have 6 kids ranging in age from 3 to 15!
We are staying at POP, and I could not contain myself at the one year mark.....so we booked our rooms! I am not sure we are going to do the dining plan. It is up for debate! As for ADR's everyone wants to go to Chef Mickey's, CRT, and T-Rex Cafe! I would love to go several other places, but I also do not want to many table service meals, so we will see!

Oh how fun!! Pop is such a fun resort! I LOVE it :love:
We may try T-Rex too this year. Chef Mickeys looks fun too!

It is going to be so much fun to plan! Especially for your and all those newbies! :wizard:

Welcome PebblesMom, I glad you could make it.

11 people and most of them newbies, how exciting. I am sure you will all have a wonderful time. Pop is on the short list of places to stay, stayed there last year a it is a great resort. Great choices for ADR's. Do you have a Rainforst Cafe by you? If you do you can sign up for the rewards program and get discounts to T -Rex (it is owned by the same company).

I added you to the list.:thumbsup2

Im here! I havent decided on dates or resorts yet, but it will be a May trip. It all depends on when DSs are finished with their college final exams. We will be leaving that night!!!

Other considerations are promos and flights. We typically go for 10 days, Tuesday thru Thursday, because flights are cheaper mid week. With a younger child still in grade school. we might have to change this so shes not missing too much school, but if the difference is $1000 or more, she'll be missing school! (3rd grade)

We will be needing 2 rooms this year for 6 of us, so most likely whe'll stay at a moderate. One son has picked Coronado, but Im leaning towards POFQ. We will definitely have deluxe dining package for Signature restaurants and the Spirit of Aloha (tradition on our first night).

Other than that, only time will tell! Cant wait for the 2013 package rates to come out!:goodvibes

Hey everyone! My bf and I are headed to Orlando May 6-10, before setting sail on a Caribbean cruise May 11-18. We have our flights and cruise booked, but not the hotel-waiting for the 2013 rates to come out for Disney resorts. I have my heart set on staying at Pop, because last year it looked to be the same price as an offsite place, when you factor in that your return airport transportation in included, as well as shuttles to all Disney parks (we aren't renting a car). So hopefully, that is still the case this year.

We are planning on doing a day each at MK, DHS, and AK, and a day each at US and IOA. Have a fairly good idea of what attractions we wanna see/do, but the exact order/ dates for each park will be determined once park hours/EMH are released .

We aren't planning on doing the dining plan because frankly, we aren't huge eaters while on vacation, especially if its hot, so it would be a waste of money for us. Also, we will be getting some things from Garden Grocer to supplement. Finally, we are going on a cruise the following week and will have a week of wonderful food, so we don't mind going the skimpier route (ie PB & J or sharing CS meals) while in Orlando. Maybe when we have kids and are forced to have more structured mealtimes, we will see the value in it more.

Look forward to hearing about everyone's planning! Can someone tell me how to do a PTR, and when you usually start one (or direct me to an existing thread on the subject?). Thanks!

HAPPY PLANNING!

Hello! My husband, daughter, and I will be driving from Oklahoma to Disney World, and plan on stay at AoA from May 12-24. As for dining, we have most of it narrowed down. DH wants to do a night out, just the two of us, so I need to look into where we would like to dine. :)

Joining in! We'll be at the CBR May 22nd to June 1st.

Of course, CBR!! Can't wait to read your PTR once you start! Would be nice to see you for a bit this time around if it can be worked out!

Hi everyone!

We are HOPING to go back from May 16 - 25....hoping also that this is the first SWW!! Thoughts on this??? We will most likely be at POR.....:goodvibes

I just started my TR from this year's SWW, it's in my siggie. Sometime in Dec/Jan the dates should be announced for this year's. Not sure how they'll pick their dates since June 1st is a Saturday, if they'll consider that week May or June. Also on the 2012 planning thread there was some talk of possibly changing it to a cooler month, so who knows. I'm banking on May though! Fingers crossed!

I'm here as well.

May 11-18 @ POR for DN's First trip and her 5th birthday (and 100% of it will be a surprise!)!

You are so good at suprises! Will your kids be surprised too?

Making dining plans is my favorite part of trip planning! There are so many great places to try!

For me, I am so lost on what is new at the parks. I've heard about JTA, the new FL expansion...and all that but I really don't know anything details. This is the part of trip planning that I need to work at and need to research.

Also does anyone have any experience with traveling with a baby? I would love any tips if anyone has any! :flower3: I plan on wearing a sling, but I know once it gets hot during the later parts of the day, the baby will be in his or her stroller.

Anyways, sorry to be a thread hog, I am just so super excited to start planning! :banana:

For JTA it's like TSM and a mad dash to register. Unless it changes, you go to Sounds Dangerous to register. The child participating must be present and must answer some questions. You'll get a return time and told where to meet prior to going on stage and everyone walks to the stage together. Well, sort of, the kids walk together with the parents all following. There is a photopass photographer who will take lots of pictures of the kids! You'll be handed a photopass with all the pictures taken. During SWW this year, registration was at Indian Jones, but they met at Sounds Dangerous before the show to walk to the stage.

Make full use of the baby care centers! They are great! All but AK have huge diaper changing tables. AK's are smaller, unless they've changed. There are nursing rooms too and rockers. There is an area for high chairs, coloring, a tv, and usually some toys. Great place to cool down with little ones!

Glad you're getting a chance to travel when you want! SWW is a great time to go, especially for a SW fan! Did you write a TR?

May and September temps are pretty comparible. 90's during the day and 70's at night usually.

Look forward to hearing about everyone's planning! Can someone tell me how to do a PTR, and when you usually start one (or direct me to an existing thread on the subject?). Thanks!

HAPPY PLANNING!

Here's a link to the Pre-trip planning board http://disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=144

Im here! I havent decided on dates or resorts yet, but it will be a May trip. It all depends on when DSs are finished with their college final exams. We will be leaving that night!!!

Other considerations are promos and flights. We typically go for 10 days, Tuesday thru Thursday, because flights are cheaper mid week. With a younger child still in grade school. we might have to change this so shes not missing too much school, but if the difference is $1000 or more, she'll be missing school! (3rd grade)

We will be needing 2 rooms this year for 6 of us, so most likely whe'll stay at a moderate. One son has picked Coronado, but Im leaning towards POFQ. We will definitely have deluxe dining package for Signature restaurants and the Spirit of Aloha (tradition on our first night).

Other than that, only time will tell! Cant wait for the 2013 package rates to come out!:goodvibes

Welcome DISNEY1975, it's good to have you hear. Sounds like you have some many good plans already, now we just need Disney to release those dates.:lmao: I love POFQ, but since it is the only Mod that I have stayed at I don't have alot to compare it to.;) Can't wait until dates come out and I can officially add you to the list.

Hey everyone! My bf and I are headed to Orlando May 6-10, before setting sail on a Caribbean cruise May 11-18. We have our flights and cruise booked, but not the hotel-waiting for the 2013 rates to come out for Disney resorts. I have my heart set on staying at Pop, because last year it looked to be the same price as an offsite place, when you factor in that your return airport transportation in included, as well as shuttles to all Disney parks (we aren't renting a car). So hopefully, that is still the case this year.

We are planning on doing a day each at MK, DHS, and AK, and a day each at US and IOA. Have a fairly good idea of what attractions we wanna see/do, but the exact order/ dates for each park will be determined once park hours/EMH are released .

We aren't planning on doing the dining plan because frankly, we aren't huge eaters while on vacation, especially if its hot, so it would be a waste of money for us. Also, we will be getting some things from Garden Grocer to supplement. Finally, we are going on a cruise the following week and will have a week of wonderful food, so we don't mind going the skimpier route (ie PB & J or sharing CS meals) while in Orlando. Maybe when we have kids and are forced to have more structured mealtimes, we will see the value in it more.

HAPPY PLANNING!

Welcome AJ1983. How exciting to be going on a cruise after spending a couple days at Disney. Sounds like you have a pretty full couple of days before heading off on your cruise. I someday want to do a cruise, I like the idea of having the same wait staff everyday and getting to know them. I am kind of thinking of doing Pop again as well, I hope it works out for both of us.:goodvibes

OK for starting a PTR, go to the Disney Trip report section of the main page of the forums, than click at the top at PreTrip Reports and Plans, than finally go to the bottom of the page and click on the new thread box. I by passed the first two steps for you so all you have to do it scroll down to the bottom of the page and press the button to start your thread. http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Please let me know when you start your PTR and I will add it to post # 4. People start when every they feel most comfortable. I actually started mine in Dec. because it helped me get past my post trip depression.

I have add you the list.:woohoo:

Hello! My husband, daughter, and I will be driving from Oklahoma to Disney World, and plan on stay at AoA from May 12-24. As for dining, we have most of it narrowed down. DH wants to do a night out, just the two of us, so I need to look into where we would like to dine. :)

Welcome PrincessLilysMommy, can't wait to hear more about your trip. AoA looks like a great place to stay.

You have been added to the list.:woohoo:

I am in, POP May 11-14, BC CL 14-17

Welcome Christine9125. I assuming that CL means Cruise Line. (Sorry I am not always the best with the abriviations:confused3) If that is the case, I am very excited to have another cruiser with us.:goodvibes

You have been add to the list.:woohoo:

Thank you for your opinion! I just kinda want to brace myself for it. I know it will definitely be hot compared to where we live. We will most likely still be wearing sweaters when we leave for Disney. :upsidedow

We love May. Absolutely amazing weather, in our experience. Yes, it does get hot, but it's not usually as hot as it is later in the summer. :thumbsup2

Oh how fun!! Pop is such a fun resort! I LOVE it :love:
We may try T-Rex too this year. Chef Mickeys looks fun too!

It is going to be so much fun to plan! Especially for your and all those newbies! :wizard:

Chef Mickey's is definitely on our list! I'm hesitant on T-Rex because of my DS6, but I really want to try it one year! It looks like so much fun!

Also, I saw you mention JTA via someone's quote, but couldn't find the exact post. I did JTA with my kiddos this March, and wrote about it in my TR.

Here's the first part of our experience (as it gives some info on signing up):
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=44651930&postcount=295

If you have questions, there are several here with experience who would be happy to answer any questions! We'll be signing up again in May for at least my two kiddos (unsure if the DN will do this or not). :thumbsup2

Joining in! We are going May 22nd - June 1st! Celebrating DD's 2nd birthday on the 26th, having our wedding the 27th and Disneymooning the rest of the week away! :cool1: We are planning at staying at either BLT or BCV possibly splitting the trip between CRB also (depending on the deals that come out!) I am planning on ADR's at O'hanas, Kona, Cape May, Chef Mickeys (for DD's bday breakfast!), Tusker House, California Grill and Crystal Palace (we love Pooh, ok I love Pooh ;) ) and some others TBD! Im so excited for this trip!

Hey 'neighbor' we are going the same time! Hope you have a wonderful dream wedding with the Mouse:wizard:

We travel from up near Lake George!! Long trip to WDW but we love it

PS-Black Fri for our ADRs!!!!!!!!!!! gonna be a LONG day!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter