UP! Great Bird Adventure - worthwhile?

FigmentSpark

DIS Veteran
I enjoyed the old bird show... once. Is it worth seeing this one or is it really just a revamp of the old one with a lose story?

For us, it would be instead of Lion King or Nemo.

It was a cute show, it's cool to see the birds. I don't do Nemo or Lion King, so would do the bird show for sure.

Definitely would not see over the Lion King- we loved the Lion King. Up was a good “need a break from walking” show for us.

I love Lion King, too, but the rest of the family whines when I suggest it. I don't actually remember Nemo, other than we had to get there early to get a seat. I wonder if they still have standing room only?

I enjoyed the old bird show... once. Is it worth seeing this one or is it really just a revamp of the old one with a lose story?

For us, it would be instead of Lion King or Nemo.
I would NEVER put everything over FotLK, Nemo? sure.
The Up bird show is pretty much the same birds as before just with the added story of the Up characters being Wilderness Explorers. If that doesn't appeal to your family I would skip it.

I liked FOW much more. Found FOW entertaining and informative. UP seems lackluster and as JB said fewer birds. Found UP characters out of place and serving no purpose to concept of the show. HOWEVER, i hate nemo so would pick UP over it (unless I need a nap). FOTLK is a must see for us and no contest deciding UP or FOTLK

I loved FoW and I really enjoy bird shows in general. But UP? Wow. I couldn't believe this was happening at WDW, especially at DAK. Tedious, boring, and not enough birds. Walk through the Maharajah Jungle Trek instead or the gorilla area or do the safari again if your family doesn't want to see FotLK. (Yeah, I'm not a Nemo fan.}

Look and watch it on Youtube. Unless it has really improved, the video made the show look terrible. Much worse than the Wonders of Flight show.
Our last trip, we stopped for a few minutes to watch. A few minutes was all we could do.
I would do anything else but that in AK.

Thanks, all. So if I have time to kill, go for it, but if not, don't pick this over other stuff is what I'm hearing.

I guess it depends on how much you like animals or birds, in particular. We are big animal lovers, so it was fun for us to watch them. We are not big fans of shows, so those are easy for us to skip.

Thanks, all. So if I have time to kill, go for it, but if not, don't pick this over other stuff is what I'm hearing.
If you have time to kill go for a nature walk unless you’re exhausted! In which case riding a bus in a circle wouldnt be any less painful than this and that would be air conditioned. I had time to kill at AK the other day and thought I had to see for myself if this show is really as bad as people say.....yes, yes it most certainly is horrible. There is more time with Russell and Doug talking about wilderness explorers than actual time with the birds. The first 5 min of the show was a complete waste focused on the up characters and no birds at all. It only got marginally better from there. In my mind AK now holds the best show on property (FoLK) and the worst (Up!).

As someone else said, watch a few minutes on YouTube and this will give you a feel for it. I never do this (I like to keep the Disney magic "fresh") but this helped me have a much better understand of what the show was really like and how it was different/similar to FOW.

Is it even the same show with different dialogue? We saw Up! on Sunday and I felt there were fewer birds compared to the old show, as they spend more time with on the Up! characters.

#BringBackGuanoJoe

Agreed :thumbsup2

And it was kind of boring...

I kept thinking where are the birds?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter