• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

UPDATE - CMO now says vaccines will be offered for 12 - 15 year olds. JVCI do NOT recommend Covid vaccine for most 12 - 15 year olds

So, this might be worth finding out about. I know that prior to the pandemic, certain vaccines were required for travel into certain countries. So, maybe now that countries are imposing thier own vaccine requirements (either for entry or for participation in activities within that country), maybe the same will apply and you will be able to get 12+ a second shot if you show proof that you are traveling to a place that requires it? Just thinking out loud...

that makes a lot of sense...there are a lot of vaccines required for southeast asia for example...

Things could get even worst. It is expected Pfizer to apply soon for license for vaccine for 5+ yo and a decision by F&D by Halloween. :(

from my point of view, that's great....
i'm just annoyed with my government that they're planning on waiting for the FDA to give its approval before vaccinating the under 12s...
right now the kids are being quarantined for one case in the class every other day...it's insane and it can't go on like this..
once the under 12s are vaccinated, things will finally go back to at least a bit of normal....

... anything they can think of.
The money train is on a roll and the USG is paying. pirate:

i'm thrilled younger kids will finally be vaccinated..
our 3 year old granddaughter had covid back in january....it was seemingly mild at the time, but there have been serious longterm effects...
something i don't want to see happen to the other two (ages 6 and 7) who haven't caught it yet....
the moment they can be vaccinated, their dad (our son) plans on having them at the clinic...

Last edited:
our 3 year old granddaughter had covid back in january....it was seemingly mild at the time, but there have been serious longterm affects...
Long Covid as it has been called (in the UK at least). It is a problem but not, AFAIK, life threatening.

However, the reluctance around vaccinating young people is that their risk of real harm (like death) from Covid is very low ... In fact so low that the risk of harm from the vaccine is not hugely different from the disease. (For older people it is (or should be) a slam dunk as the risk from Covid is far greater than from the vaccines.)
Please don't rush to vaccinate your kids/grandkids without doing some proper homework.

Long Covid as it has been called (in the UK at least). It is a problem but not, AFAIK, life threatening.

However, the reluctance around vaccinating young people is that their risk of real harm (like death) from Covid is very low ... In fact so low that the risk of harm from the vaccine is not hugely different from the disease. (For older people it is (or should be) a slam dunk as the risk from Covid is far greater than from the vaccines.)
Please don't rush to vaccinate your kids/grandkids without doing some proper homework.

the risk of the vaccine is very low.
And the pfizer dose for the 5-11 group is apparently 1/3 of the adult dose which is already low in comparison to the moderna dose (30 vs 100 micrograms).
We have already vaccinated approximately 1000 children here (they're either high risk themselves or live with someone who is high risk), and not one of them has had a problem from the vaccine.
in the current trials, the low dose studied was found to produce very good results with no side effects.
The only way to have any chance at all of reaching herd immunity is to vaccinate children.
We have a very large proportion of children as compared to most countries in the world and certainly all of the western nations.
We have to vaccinate children to reach herd immunity.

We have to vaccinate children to reach herd immunity.
I was thinking about this while out for my morning walk. AIUI herd immunity is where enough people are 'immune' to a disease that it can't readily get from one non-immune host to another - ie. by infection.
But Delta (and likely upcoming variants too) seems to be readily able to infect vaccinated people (but not usually make them very ill if at all) who can then infect others, both vaccinated or not. To my mind that rather breaks any idea of herd immunity for Covid.
Um.
:crazy:

I was thinking about this while out for my morning walk. AIUI herd immunity is where enough people are 'immune' to a disease that it can't readily get from one non-immune host to another - ie. by infection.
But Delta (and likely upcoming variants too) seems to be readily able to infect vaccinated people (but not usually make them very ill if at all) who can then infect others, both vaccinated or not. To my mind that rather breaks any idea of herd immunity for Covid.
Um.
:crazy:

those with the booster aren't getting sick, so we may need a lot of boosters...
but right now for us the big spreaders are the unvaccinated little kids..
and of course the unvaccinated adults (antivaxxers)
one of the antivaxxer leaders here just died...
as he lay dying in the hospital, barely able to talk due to his lack of air, he told his followers that if he dies it's because the police and doctors poisoned him...
no reasoning with these idiots

those with the booster aren't getting sick, so we may need a lot of boosters...
but right now for us the big spreaders are the unvaccinated little kids..
and of course the unvaccinated adults (antivaxxers)
one of the antivaxxer leaders here just died...
as he lay dying in the hospital, barely able to talk due to his lack of air, he told his followers that if he dies it's because the police and doctors poisoned him...
no reasoning with these idiots

One less idiot on earth.

My own son got his second pfizer jab yesterday and i got a call from my GP yesterday with regard to a booster.

One less idiot on earth.

My own son got his second pfizer jab yesterday and i got a call from my GP yesterday with regard to a booster.

i agree regarding the idiot!
good news about your booster!!!
i reacted to the booster, unlike with the first two..
i had no reaction at all to the first two, other than a slightly sore arm..
with the booster, i had about a 24 hour reaction..
fatigue, muscle soreness...
but after 24 hours it was gone..

that makes a lot of sense...there are a lot of vaccines required for southeast asia for example...

i'm just annoyed with my government that they're planning on waiting for the FDA to give its approval before vaccinating the under 12s...
right now the kids are being quarantined for one case in the class every other day...it's insane and it can't go on like this..
once the under 12s are vaccinated, things will finally go back to at least a bit of normal....

our 3 year old granddaughter had covid back in january....it was seemingly mild at the time, but there have been serious longterm effects...
something i don't want to see happen to the other two (ages 6 and 7) who haven't caught it yet....
the moment they can be vaccinated, their dad (our son) plans on having them at the clinic...

Lots of places had vaccines advised but very few were actual a requirement for entry. The yellow fever was probably the biggest one that totally restricted entry if you didn't have it.

However it was also possible to arrive at said country without having had the vaccine, no planning or paperwork and just pay on arrival to be given the vaccine , especially the African continent countries that required it.

I don't think any actual of the vaccine travel requirements before are comparable on the scale and admin involved in traveling since covid

I miss Florida and truly long to make our planned trip but I absolutely won't be vaccinating any of my kids just to meet the requirements. Looks like we will be exploring the rest of the world and waiting A LOT longer

Lots of places had vaccines advised but very few were actual a requirement for entry. The yellow fever was probably the biggest one that totally restricted entry if you didn't have it.

However it was also possible to arrive at said country without having had the vaccine, no planning or paperwork and just pay on arrival to be given the vaccine , especially the African continent countries that required it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter