Update on possibilites of Transformers

ChrisFL

Disney/Universal Fan and MALE
I know people who know people who know people...and I've been doing some browsing in different areas.

Although we know 100% that the Jaws land is being used for Harry Potter, and NOT Transformers, very recently I've heard rumblings that we may be getting both.

The place for it I don't know, but speculation suggests the Fear Factor Live theater area, or the area of old Soundstage 44 which has been relatively un-used for years (The sound-stage attached to the Monster Cafe, formerly used for Murder She Wrote and Herc/Xena shows). The soundstage apparently suffered damage during a hurricane several years ago and hasn't been used for much since.

I don't normally post rumors, but the various sources lead me to believe this could be green lit, even though I wasn't really expecting it. Perhaps the positive reviews from USH have made them change their minds, or it was planned all along :confused3

As a young family, we love transformers (I think most in our age bracket do and that's who UN is going for, getting our vacation dollars and dragging us away from Disney).

It is such a popular franchise, and if the ride itself has been a big hit for them in other parks I don't think they can go wrong. Also HP and Transformers would go a long way toward "modernizing" the atmosphere at the studios.

Although I don't think it would be a terrible thing to have it, I think it is so close to Spiderman that it wouldn't be the smartest thing. I'd rather see something else.

I would not think that ss 44 is big enough for the transformers.

It is interesting that ss 44 is being demolished(parkrumors), as it was rumored
to be a house for HHN.

I would not think that ss 44 is big enough for the transformers.

It is interesting that ss 44 is being demolished(parkrumors), as it was rumored
to be a house for HHN.

Yeah, I haven't done the scoping out yet...(using a maps view, putting the spiderman building should give a rough estimate on where transformers could go, although TF is a bit smaller footprint from what I've been told.)

Also, the space between MIB and the Simpsons is also rumored for a big attraction.

i'm not a fan for uo getting the transformer ride.

Me neither. I've seen ride video on Youtube, and it's too similar to Spider-Man for my tastes. Hollywood and Orlando already share a lot of things, keep this one unique to Hollywood.

Actually, people are now saying HP won't be replacing Amity. I do wonder what they're doing with SS44 though.

I haven't seen anything about Amity not being HP...in fact just the opposite, the exact permits filed for the land that Amity sits on mention people who worked on the HP films before.

I haven't seen anything about Amity not being HP...in fact just the opposite, the exact permits filed for the land that Amity sits on mention people who worked on the HP films before.

I read the same thing. I haven't seen anything that says HP is out for Amity Area.

Can't wait to see what the plans are for the Herc/Xena area. :yay: Could Kong be back better than ever?

All of this speculation is exciting. I am in the group that says please don't let it be transformers. I would be ok if it replaced spiderman if something happens with the Marvel contract but I don't think we should have two rides using the same ride system.

http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201206/3091/

Theme Park Insider always gets these inside source facts right. They were the ones who slipped the news on it, now their saying Amity won't become Diagon Alley.

It doesn't say that anywhere about Amity. Amity is still going to be Potter, the article is about another addition to the park separate from the Jaws/Amity area.

The other areas of the park (around soundstage 44) may be transformers related, but if it is, odds are not going to be the same ride/attraction as in Hollywood, probably something very different. Although the 2 story footprint for it in Hollywood is almost identical to the footprint of the soundstage in Florida. So...

Whatever it is probably will be open before the potter expansion, but there are also rumors the area between Simpsons and Men in Black will get used sometime soon too, along with replacements for Terminator, a KidZone update, and possibly Twister. With all this the stuff going on at the studios side; the scale seems closer to the overhaul California Adventure just got, all without the big to do announcements about it. (at least for now) I'm pretty amazed at what's going on there, after a few years it will be like a brand new park. I think the area behind monsters cafe was chosen first to avoid downtime for even more attractions, and to fill in a dead area of the park.

I'd place money that soon as that attraction gets finished another older one will go down after it for an replacement/update. Much like the idea of the train between IOA/USF in the potter areas, a lot of the "no way that could be true" type of stuff seems to be actually occurring, and I think they are not done with surprises.

http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201206/3091/

Theme Park Insider always gets these inside source facts right. They were the ones who slipped the news on it, now their saying Amity won't become Diagon Alley.

What I read from that article is that aside from the Potter/Amity project there's other attractions in development.I just read on another website about them demolishing that soundstage so there's obviously other projects in the works.I honestly can't imagine Amity not becoming Potter,have you seen the attendance numbers at IOA,they were up like over 30% from last year where they also had an attendance increase of over 30%.You have one park with annual attendance increases on a level that's never been seen before and another one with an average 6-8%,Universal would be silly not to put more Potter stuff in their less popular park.As far as Transformers going in Universal,I'm not feeling it,I saw the queue and ride on video and it doesn't have major appeal to me,come up with something new and original.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter