I am trying to verify my Costco gift card balances on disneygiftcard site. Cards are from December 8 so they s/b loaded by now. I keep getting an error message saying "We're unable to complete your request for a balance inquiry at this time. Please call the number on the back of your card for assistance." Is anyone else getting this? Any suggestions?
Well, I tried again when I wasn't so tired, and I realized that a formatting issue when I copied the card numbers into my spreadsheet caused an issue with the last digit, switching it to zero on a lot of them. When I fixed that, all the gift cards were found on the DGC site, except for two. I called the DGC phone number and I had no wait -- those two numbers were on a temporary hold due to multiple transactions on the account. Not sure why those two and not the others. But the agent said she sent a note to Disney and they should be released in the next day or so! Now, do I buy more at Costco? hmmm...the savings are hard to pass up.

Ha, me too.
Mine just popped up too @gottalovepluto but the terms on my AMEX deal specifically exclude gift cards as eligible purchase. I didn't see anyone flag that so far? I'm okay with YMMV but would love to know if there are any DPs on this from those that already purchased?

Or wondering if this is a new round of offers and they closed a loophole?

Mine just popped up too @gottalovepluto but the terms on my AMEX deal specifically exclude gift cards as eligible purchase. I didn't see anyone flag that so far? I'm okay with YMMV but would love to know if there are any DPs on this from those that already purchased?

After buying the BB DGCs and paying with my AMEX with the offer on it I got the lovely email saying I redeemed my offer. I'm guessing they can always claw that back but for now it seems to have triggered. Got to stack the extra +1 I had on the account as well.

These offers always exclude gc’s so any of us who do them know they’re YMMV by nature. I do them and figure if they don’t post what do I really lose? I would have spent the dough at the establishment whose gc I bought anyway.

These offers always exclude gc’s so any of us who do them know they’re YMMV by nature. I do them and figure if they don’t post what do I really lose? I would have spent the dough at the establishment whose gc I bought anyway.
They have definitely changed the language since in the past it always said "Not valid for e-gift card purchases. Excludes corporate gift card purchases" while now it specifically says excludes gift cards.

Although according to Stephen Pepper at GC Galore, "Gift cards are listed as being excluded, but that only applies to Best Buy eGift cards because payment for those is processed by CashStar. You can buy digital and physical gift cards for third parties from Best Buy’s website, as well as physical gift cards for both Best Buy and third parties in-store."

My feeling he is making an assumption since that is the way it has been in the past, not that he has specific information that you can buy gift cards.

Are they enforcing a limit per member?

Honestly - I bought 8 last week (4 per login). I tried again late last week and it cancelled my order. I waited a few days, and saw the deal was still live last night, so I gave it a try. It let me order 4 more.

I don’t know if I want to push it much further but I also think Costco is intentionally setting the limits higher than advertised and must be OK with it on some level. That deal has been active for a long time compared to the Sam’s club deal in early November. Maybe they aren’t selling as many as they thought they would?

My parents paid off their hotel deposit with the gift cards and combined it with the chase offer to save about 14.5%. Just an amazing discount!

Last edited:
BJ's. My paper Smart Saver has a $10 coupon on any purchase of 125 or more attached to the front cover. Does not exclude gift cards.

BJ's. My paper Smart Saver has a $10 coupon on any purchase of 125 or more attached to the front cover. Does not exclude gift cards.

I have a newer in store membership, I’m not familiar with the Smart Saver. Is that the coupon paper you get in store? I don’t get any flyers mailed to my home. Do you know if the $10 coupon is on the in store flyers or only something that is mailed to you? Thanks!

I have a newer in store membership, I’m not familiar with the Smart Saver. Is that the coupon paper you get in store? I don’t get any flyers mailed to my home. Do you know if the $10 coupon is on the in store flyers or only something that is mailed to you? Thanks!
Flyers come in the mail probably once a month. Has coupons which also can be clipped in App. Not sure if on store flyer. Just left BJs...

I’m up to 4 Costco Gift Cards. I bought 2 while I was at WDW a week and a half ago, 2 more today. Not sure how far to push it 😂
It did not work for me. :(

Have two from when the sale first appeared and just did it now. Both were cancelled.

Honestly - I bought 8 last week (4 per login). I tried again late last week and it cancelled my order. I waited a few days, and saw the deal was still live last night, so I gave it a try. It let me order 4 more.

I don’t know if I want to push it much further but I also think Costco is intentionally setting the limits higher than advertised and must be OK with it on some level. That deal has been active for a long time compared to the Sam’s club deal in early November. Maybe they aren’t selling as many as they thought they would?

My parents paid off their hotel deposit with the gift cards and combined it with the chase offer to save about 14.5%. Just an amazing discount!
I tried ordering 4 sets of two and it's canceled two of my orders and not sent me any of the others. When you say you bought 4 per login what do you mean?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter