Oh Yes I did! I added the offer below to Post #1 Disney Gift Card Deals Only - because it works as @bbsearchlight has been saying for long time. Note, it is not for One Step Andy's.

Disney Gift Card Deals
Kroger Family Stores: Earn 4x Fuel Points On Happy Treats Gift Cards
  • Limit of one coupon per household.
  • Expires 10/04/22
    • GameStop

Correct... physical cards, using the Capital One "offer" link on my Venture X. One of the cards worked just fine and the other did not.

I don't recall anyone posting they had to wait - for anything from ShopDisney. I'm wondering if you spoke to a newbie. Might want to call again? During regular business hours too.

What (if any) benefit is there to using a Disney Rewards Redemption Card to purchase a DGC from shopDisney? I saw it mentioned a few times, but couldn't figure out if this was just for ease of the card user or if there was an actual benefit to doing so. I currently have a little over $250 on a Disney Rewards Redemption Card and was planning to just leave it there until I'm next at Disney. Should I convert it to a gift card?

What (if any) benefit is there to using a Disney Rewards Redemption Card to purchase a DGC from shopDisney? I saw it mentioned a few times, but couldn't figure out if this was just for ease of the card user or if there was an actual benefit to doing so. I currently have a little over $250 on a Disney Rewards Redemption Card and was planning to just leave it there until I'm next at Disney. Should I convert it to a gift card?

I do it because I like to consolidate everything into a single GC, plus I can get up to 10% back from a cashback site like RMN.

YES! And use a cashback website like Retailmenot to earn 10% cashback.

The $250 you're planning on spending outright could make you $25 bucks!

This is not directed to you but to others that might be interested...

This was added to Post #5 101 Disney Gift Cards a while back.
Most people don't look on the Main Pages of any given thread but here that's where you'll find up to date information.

This is not directed to you but to others that might be interested...

This was added to Post #5 101 Disney Gift Cards a while back.
Most people don't look on the Main Pages of any given thread but here that's where you'll find up to date information.
To be fair, it was and I did actually read it. However, my takeaway was that a Redemption Card could be used to purchase a DGC, which seems obvious, but is worth stating because other gift cards or virtual CCs can't always be used to purchase DGCs. (Granted, I know a Redemption Card is neither of those things, but I treat it like a DGC already since it can be used anywhere a DGC can be used, but with fewer benefits since a Redemption Card will at least get me 10% off at some places on Disney property.)

I was wondering what financial benefit there was to converting a Redemption Card to DGC, since I would be losing the potential 10% off on Disney property. I understand now that the financial benefit comes from using a cashback website (the second part of the tip on Post #5) to purchase the DGC. But, that was not intuitive to me. Maybe it should have been, and maybe it will be once I get more practice at using these tips and tricks especially since I see the statement about checking cashback websites on almost every single post. But I literally needed someone pointing out to me that I would still have $250 in Disney $$ but will also have an extra $25 cash in my pocket. And that, unless I am just trying to consolidate gift cards/redemption cards for ease of use, using a cashback website is the only benefit to converting redemption $$ into DGCs.

To be fair, it was and I did actually read it. However, my takeaway was that a Redemption Card could be used to purchase a DGC, which seems obvious, but is worth stating because other gift cards or virtual CCs can't always be used to purchase DGCs. (Granted, I know a Redemption Card is neither of those things, but I treat it like a DGC already since it can be used anywhere a DGC can be used, but with fewer benefits since a Redemption Card will at least get me 10% off at some places on Disney property.)

There are benefits of using credit cards vs a Disney Visa Redemption card. I'm probably going to run out of time...
If you use your credit card you'll earn more rewards plus save 10%.
I honestly don't know if/where you can save 10% while using a redemption card, I haven't used one in years. I'd rather churn that money and make a 10% profit. I have to run and I'm sorry hopefully others will chime in.

Where can you use a Disney Visa redemption card and get 10% off?

There are benefits of using credit cards vs a Disney Visa Redemption card. I'm probably going to run out of time...
I honestly don't know if/where you can save 10% while using a redemption card, I haven't used one in years. I'd rather churn that money and make a 10% profit. I have to run and I'm sorry hopefully others will chime in.

The same RMN click through that will pay you 10% later works with credit card or redemption card. So, you redeem the money you were going to spend anyway into a gift card and RMN gives you 10% back a few weeks later.

Oh, absolutely there are benefits to using credit cards over a Disney Visa Redemption Card. But I was specifically asking why I would use my Disney Visa Redemption Card to purchase a Disney Gift Card, as there is no additional benefit to a Disney Gift Card over a Redemption Card, and in fact, there is one less benefit since a Disney Visa Redemption Card will get you 10% off on certain things on Disney property and a gift card won't. Which is why I usually hold my Redemption Card and wait until I'm on property to use it. Speaking of, any of the restaurants on property which give you 10% off for using a Disney Visa card to pay (there are quite a few) will also give you 10% off if you pay with a Redemption Card. I think the merchandise locations on property that give 10% off if you use your Disney Visa will also give the 10% for the Redemption Card. That one I'm not sure of though. Because I always save my Redemption Card and use it to pay for our table service meals.

Like I said previously though, I was just trying to figure out what benefit there was to using a Redemption Card to buy a DGC, which I had seen several people mention doing. I now understand though, that the benefit is in using a cashback website like RMN because you'll turn your Redemption Card into a DGC plus have cash in your pocket. Granted, if you were planning to use your Redemption Card somewhere on property that would give you a 10% discount, then you really didn't accomplish much. But I guess I'd rather have that 10% as cash in my pocket from using RMN, than as a future discount on property.

Anyplace that gives you the 10% off for using a Disney Visa will give you 10% using the Disney Visa Reward Redemption Card. You just have to ask for it if they don't offer it (same as with using the visa itself). I leave my Redemption Card intact for that reason. We usually use it to buy a high dollar souvenir we normally wouldn't splurge for and get 10% off (has to be at least $50 in merch to get 10% off). I know I could "work" it a little with cashback sites to maybe get 12% or so instead, but since those don't always pay out, I stick with the guaranteed 10% off when I'm there.

So sorry I had to dash out.

Well thanks friends for responding. I think I'll stick with redeeming the redemption card for cash & DGC and paying any expense with a cc to earn rewards plus get my discount.

Kroger Online: Blackhawk Network
  • Get a $7.50 bonus when you buy Select $50 Happy Gift Cards
    • Includes: Happy Treats, Happy Bride, Happy Moments, Happy Teen and Happy Eats
    • Limit 3.
    • Earn 4x Fuel Points
    • Expires 10/04/22

I'll be off the boards tomorrow 9/22/22. If you see a deal or have a cc offer not already listed on the main pages, please post full details!
Thank you so much. :grouphug:

I was able to purchase a $25 DGC from shopDisney and split payment between a Visa GC with $19.75 on it and my Disney rewards redemption card. I think I saw a discussion about this a while back, so I wanted to share my experience.
So happy to see this. I wasn't sure you could use Visa redemption cards for gift cards. Need to use my points before closing one of the cards. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter