• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My recent experience - I did 3 different GC-only orders through ShopDisney. For the first two, about an hour later, I did a “missing cash back” request. Rakuten said they’d add the cash back to my account. They did, and fingers crossed, it’s still there about a week and a half later. The third order, I waited to see what would happen. Rakuten shows that the order tracked but wasn’t eligible for cash back. So my new strategy with Rakuten is to immediately do a “missing cash back” request and hope for the best!

You're putting in a claim at Rakuten even though gift cards are excluded? Seems to me they wouldn't and shouldn't pay and could possibly flag your account, possibly closing it down for misuse.
This is not a strategy I would recommend.

Interesting Data Point…I purchased two $25 gift cards from shopDisney via the Chase Ultimate Rewards shopping portal with a 2 point return…and they applied the bonus to half the order, so they apparently marked one as valid and one as not.

I've been lucky. Both Retailmenot and Rakuten have paid out for shopDisney for me. Rakuten was an instant payout. The money was there immediately. I believe I paid thru PayPal for most of those transactions. Not sure about all of them.

I've been lucky. Both Retailmenot and Rakuten have paid out for shopDisney for me. Rakuten was an instant payout. The money was there immediately. I believe I paid thru PayPal for most of those transactions. Not sure about all of them.
I did a PayPal payment yesterday and was surprised to see a very quick response from Rakuten. The standard payment I made last week has not tracked.

Added Offers ~ 11/12/21

Disney Gift Card Deals
Shop ‘N Save: Earn 20c Off Per Gallon Of Gas For Every $50 spent on Disney Gift Cards (all 3rd Party Gift Cards).
Excludes Lowe’s & Home Depot​
Expires 11/17/21. GC Galore

Discount District
Kroger:
  • Buy $50 Gift Cards For City Locals & Get $5 Off
    • Targeted - These are targeted based on the city you’re located in or near, but there’s no guarantee there’s any such deal near you. The gift cards are like Happy gift cards but are eligible at a handful of local attractions, restaurants, coffee shops, etc.
    • Limit 1. Direct link to search for coupons
    • Expires 11/23/21. GC Galore
Shop ‘N Save: Earn 20c Off Per Gallon Of Gas For Every $50 spent on 3rd Party Gift Cards.
Excludes Lowe’s & Home Depot​
Expires 11/17/21. GC Galore
MISC.
Giant Eagle Online: Earn 2x Fuelperks+ For Every $50 Spent On All Gift Cards
Note that gift card purchases from Giant Eagle online no longer code as groceries.​
Expires tomorrow, 11/13/21. GC Galore

Raise: Save 5% Sitewide With Promo Code HEADSTART
  • Maximum savings of $20.
  • Limit 1 use per household.
  • Not valid on cash back gift cards.
  • Expires today, 11/12/21. GCG
Topcashback: Get $2.50 Bonus When You Spend $10
Expires today, 11/12/21. Doctor of Credit

Interesting Data Point…I purchased two $25 gift cards from shopDisney via the Chase Ultimate Rewards shopping portal with a 2 point return…and they applied the bonus to half the order, so they apparently marked one as valid and one as not.

I was just reading about Chase Ultimate Rewards, buying gift cards. I wonder if you can only buy one at a time? The article wasn't very clear or that in-depth. I am a newbie, is this normal?

MISC. Credit Cards
Best Buy Credit Card:
Spend $200+ At Best Buy & Get $50 Credit
Targeted Offers may vary​
Expires 11/14/21. Doctor of Credit

MISC.
Slide App by Raise.com: Get 4-5% Discount At Hundreds Of Retailers By Paying With Gift Card
They sent out offers for either $10 off $100 or $5 off $50, valid today only (November 12th). Check if targeted. Topcashback still has an increased offer; now it’s 31% for new users and 7% for existing. Use Paypal for 5x. Doctor of Credit

Curious if had and used a Chase offer at the same time and if you received that. I have a 10% off at shopdisney max of $5 and thinking of ordering a $50 e-gift card with it

Just curious if anyone had any insights/guesses, but are 4x Fuel Rewards on any gift card promotions dead at Kroger? We don't have a Kroger store in our town, but we visit my parents, where they have a Kroger-owned Baker's store, at least once a month. It seemed like they used to run the promotion at least one weekend a month and we had a 50/50 chance of catching it during our visits, but I have been watching for the past several months and not really seen anything, other than specific gift cards (or worse, promotions that are focused at only local retailers that don't even apply to Kroger nationwide).

As a non-regular shopper there, I don't get any targeted offers or anything, but the promotion used to be in the ads and available to anyone with a card.

For the cash app boosts...I'm pretty sure I need the cash app debit card...is this a physical card only?

Just curious if anyone had any insights/guesses, but are 4x Fuel Rewards on any gift card promotions dead at Kroger? We don't have a Kroger store in our town, but we visit my parents, where they have a Kroger-owned Baker's store, at least once a month. It seemed like they used to run the promotion at least one weekend a month and we had a 50/50 chance of catching it during our visits, but I have been watching for the past several months and not really seen anything, other than specific gift cards (or worse, promotions that are focused at only local retailers that don't even apply to Kroger nationwide).

As a non-regular shopper there, I don't get any targeted offers or anything, but the promotion used to be in the ads and available to anyone with a card.

It's not dead. They had one last month. They've been doing 200 fuel points on specific cards thr past few weeks.

Please forgive me as my searching skills are not good.

Did I see a posting that Target (like Sam's Club) is having a promo on Disney Gift Cards on Black Friday? I don't do 3rd parties as so many of you do (honestly know it's smart but I'm old and it's overwhelming to me) so need a direct avenue like Sam's, BJ's and Target.

Has anyone heard anything about BJ's having a Christmas promo or quantity promo?? Several years I was able to get 7% and 6% in a larger quantity. I can't find my contact info. It went through a different department.

Help would be GREATLY appreciated.

It's not dead. They had one last month. They've been doing 200 fuel points on specific cards thr past few weeks.
Okay, I’ve admittedly not been super vigilant about it, but it definitely feels less frequent. Since it depends on the luck of us being in town, even a minor decrease in occurrences diminishes our chances of catching it. We just used to be able to happen upon it much more.

Okay, I’ve admittedly not been super vigilant about it, but it definitely feels less frequent. Since it depends on the luck of us being in town, even a minor decrease in occurrences diminishes our chances of catching it. We just used to be able to happen upon it much more.

It's not always on all cards though. So even if it matches up dis gc aren't always part of it. I will buy then if I need gc but that's also because our gas is almost 4/gal and I want the savings so I buy all kinds of cards. But I can get better discounts elsewhere than relying on krogers 4x fuel points.

It's not always on all cards though. So even if it matches up dis gc aren't always part of it. I will buy then if I need gc but that's also because our gas is almost 4/gal and I want the savings so I buy all kinds of cards. But I can get better discounts elsewhere than relying on krogers 4x fuel points.
It’s not the best deal, but I’m also sitting on 5X points on groceries on my credit card for a couple more months and nowhere near the limit. By my math, it’s approximately 12%, which i consider pretty good, especially since I can get something a little bigger than $50 at a time.

Regarding the cash app...@liquidice...in order to use the boost do you need the cash app debit card? And is that a physical card only so I need to order one? I just installed the app but haven't added any accounts or ordered cards.

Sorry I've been on vacation at WDW, so haven't been checking the boards. If you request a physical card, they will also immediately issue you a virtual number that you can use right away for online purchases, thats what I did for Sams Club and continue to do every day until the boost expires. They will also mail you a physical card that you can use with any boost applied to your card for purchases in physical B&M stores.

Sorry I've been on vacation at WDW, so haven't been checking the boards. If you request a physical card, they will also immediately issue you a virtual number that you can use right away for online purchases, thats what I did for Sams Club and continue to do every day until the boost expires. They will also mail you a physical card that you can use with any boost applied to your card for purchases in physical B&M stores.
Thank you!!!

I am thinking about getting a sams club membership so that I can get the Disney gift card deal on Black Friday.
I see an offer to get the membership for $45, get a 45 e gift card for Sams club. Does anyone know if I can use this online at Sams? We don’t have one close so I would only shop online. I wouldn’t attempt to use it for gift cards, just regular merchandise online.
I don’t see anything in the terms that it has to be in store but remember seeing older deals that did.

Thanks!

Hi - I am planning to purchase a bulk DGC order (probably $5,000) from BJs when they have the 6% sale that starts on 11/16. I have an Old Navy Visa that will give me 5x points at wholesale clubs in Nov & Dec. I'm thinking this is my best option right now - unless there's a better deal out there I may have missed? (Assume I have all kids of credit cards, I have tons of them - Amex, Chase, Discover, you name it).

Has anyone heard anything about BJ's having a Christmas promo or quantity promo?? Several years I was able to get 7% and 6% in a larger quantity. I can't find my contact info. It went through a different department.
BJs is doing a 6% off sale on DGCs starting on 11/16.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter