• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Before I spend $900 on Disney gift cards to apply to a January room-only reservation, what happens if you have to cancel your trip? I don't plan on it, but life happens sometimes. Do they issue new gift cards? Or do I hang onto the used ones?
Save your cards...I put them in a zip bag and label what I used them on (add a copy of the receipt) and put in your travel file. Funds will be refunded to original card. Good luck on your trip!

So now not only can I not use my sams Mastercard my whole dang acct is shut down until my new card arrives. Which I know isn’t going to happen before thanksgiving 🤬🤬🤬 all of the curse words right now. All of them.

That's awful! Even though the CC is closed, you can still go in and buy what you need correct? Payment Methods Link

That's awful! Even though the CC is closed, you can still go in and buy what you need correct? Payment Methods Link
no, they've completely locked my membership. I can't even log on. I was ok with paying with a different card, but now I can't even access my Sams club account. I'm going to try to call again and see if someone else can unlock it.

There were/are a few stackable offers for CVS but did anyone get this PP offer ?

Paypal or Venmo App: Get $10 Reward When You Made $20+ CVS Purchase With QR code
DoC

CVS:
  • Buy $50 Select Gift Cards & Get $15 ExtraBucks Rewards
    • Includes: The Children’s Place, Cabela’s, Bass Pro Shops, Brinker, Build-A-Bear Workshop, Spa & Wellness and Riot Games.
    • Limit 1 per household with card.
    • Expires 11/27/21. GC Galore
  • Buy $75 Applebee’s Gift Cards & Get $25 ExtraBucks Rewards
    • Limit 1 per household.
    • Offer valid November 25-27, 2021. GC Galore
CVS Chase Offer: Get 5%/10% Back On Up To $40 Spend
Expires 12/31/21. GCG

Drop: Card-Linked Offers For Amazon, Kroger, Target, CVS & More
GCG

no, they've completely locked my membership. I can't even log on. I was ok with paying with a different card, but now I can't even access my Sams club account. I'm going to try to call again and see if someone else can unlock it.

No doubt & good luck!

There were/are a few stackable offers for CVS but did anyone get this PP offer ?

Paypal or Venmo App: Get $10 Reward When You Made $20+ CVS Purchase W
I had the PayPal offer a couple of months ago. Used it to buy a $25 DGC. Immediately had $10 deposited into my PayPal account after the purchase. I’m currently maxing out the Freedom Flex 5% PayPal category by using PayPal in store at CVS for gift cards.

For those who bought discounted Visa GCs and are planning to use them for the Black Friday Sam's Club Disney GC offer, are you planning to consolidate them somehow in order to pay online at Sam's Club? So, for example, I have four $250 Visa eGCs and am planning to use them to buy two $500 Disney GCs from Sam's (with $100 leftover). Will I be able to use four Visa eGC for the order?

I did this deal on DGC yesterday so I can confirm that it worked for me😊
I did this today and it worked for me, too. I can confirm that mperks says you'll need to wait two hours for the ten $5 off coupons to load to your account and that's no joke: they didn't appear until exactly two hours later. They're good for something like 40 days.

For those who bought discounted Visa GCs and are planning to use them for the Black Friday Sam's Club Disney GC offer, are you planning to consolidate them somehow in order to pay online at Sam's Club? So, for example, I have four $250 Visa eGCs and am planning to use them to buy two $500 Disney GCs from Sam's (with $100 leftover). Will I be able to use four Visa eGC for the order?
You can only use 2 methods of payment for each order. So you will probably have to purchase 1 at a time if you only plan to use the visas.

I did this today and it worked for me, too. I can confirm that mperks says you'll need to wait two hours for the ten $5 off coupons to load to your account and that's no joke: they didn't appear until exactly two hours later. They're good for something like 40 days.
Unfortunately, Sam's does not allow you to use 2 credit cards to pay for an online order, and this includes Visa gift cards.

https://help.samsclub.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/464/~/can-i-pay-using-multiple-payment-options?

Last edited:
You can only use 2 methods of payment for each order. So you will probably have to purchase 1 at a time if you only plan to use the visas.
It says online that they don't split payment by credit card, have you been able to use two cards before? That would be great if this was the case!

For those who bought discounted Visa GCs ... are you planning to consolidate them somehow in order to pay online at Sam's Club? So, for example, I have four $250 Visa eGCs and am planning to use them to buy two $500 Disney GCs from Sam's (with $100 leftover). Will I be able to use four Visa eGC for the order?

I believe this is when using physical VGC:
At Fry's which is owned by Kroger, you can use VGC at self checkout to purchase 3rd party gift cards. YMMV Confirmed :thumbsup2 @IFlossU

And this is for digital
Kroger Online 7/03/21 :goodvibes FoxC63

I don't know if this will work but I'm thinking PayPal Key, which may have a few loops & hoops to make one solid purchase. Read this article
I hope we can discuss this as an option.

The article says to pay a friend using the VGC's, then having your friend send you back cash.

That cash can be used to buy a loadable VGC.
Paypal Key DP:
  • Works at Sam's Club:thumbsup2 @geaux_half
    • I have used PayPal Key at Sam's with no issues. I also have my PayPal account linked to Dosh and those Sam's purchases with PPK have posted to Dosh as well.

Last edited:
A few things to consider; the savings you scored on the existing Visa egift card, if you were to "consolidate" how much would it cost you in the long run? How much time would all this take?

Sorry for the choppy posts, my pups are uber excited. I took out the prime rib and they're going ballistic!

Thanks for all these ideas!! I don't feel very savvy about using all these Visa GC work-arounds so I'm weighing whether I want to try to figure out a way to use my Visa eGCs at Sam's Online or just use them online at BJs to get the 6% off that they're currently having for Disney GCs (splitting the purchase into four so that I can use one card per transaction). I'm not too keen on spending much more time or money trying to figure out how to use them at Sam's

I don't know if this will work but I'm thinking PayPal Key, which may have a few loops & hoops to make one solid purchase. Read this article
I hope we can discuss this as an option.

The article says to pay a friend using the VGC's, then having your friend send you back cash.

That cash can be used to buy a loadable VGC.
Paypal Key DP:
  • Works at Sam's Club:thumbsup2@geaux_half
    • I have used PayPal Key at Sam's with no issues. I also have my PayPal account linked to Dosh and those Sam's purchases with PPK have posted to Dosh as well.

It looks like my PayPal account isn't eligible for a PayPal key, so this method probably wouldn't work for me. I'm pretty sure there's also a surcharge (2.5% maybe?) to send money from a credit card (including Visa GC) to another PayPal account, so it's back to that issue of how much time and money I'd want to spend to get a few extra percentage points off the Disney GCs. We have two credit cards that we're currently working on start-up bonuses for, so I might just use one of them to get the 10% at Sam's and then use my Visa GCs at BJs online for 6% off (plus what I already got off on the Visa eGC themselves). I've got my 5-year employment bonus coming up next month at work that I was planning to put away for our Disney trip anyway, so I'll have some extra cash to cover.

Enjoy your prime rib! :)

Last edited:
It says online that they don't split payment by credit card, have you been able to use two cards before? That would be great if this was the case!
Yes I have purchased lots of Disney gift cards from Sam's using the virtual visas and sometimes 2 at a time to make sure i used up the entire balance. Any leftover dollars I used on other sams orders. I was able to do this in both desktop and mobile app. If I were you I would practice beforehand. Add your virtual visas to your sams account then add some things to your cart go to checkout and see where to choose 2 paymentnoptions just don't go all the way through.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter