• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wow, the new WDW dining reservation system is lovely and so easy to use. Disney did an awesome job! I was able to book ADR's in a flash for our late fall vacation. We can't wait to try Space 220.
Is your restaurant for the lounge or restaurant? I would like to try it sometime, but the lounge - 2 kids that are Disney adults gets way too expensive at Disney with that 3 course meal.
Kids did a free cake decorating class at the library this week and brought home two 6 inch fondant decorated cakes. Lol, I thought they were only going to decorate cupcakes. It was run by a woman who has a bakery in town so they are good cakes.

Woof! We received a lot of rain here and intermittent power outages. No flooding in our neighborhood but areas further down like Detroit airport, major freeways leading to DTW and surrounding communities were not so lucky. Some communities have never been flooded before so this is a rude awakening for them.

1692992493498.png

Ugh!
1692992642129.png

Is your restaurant for the lounge or restaurant? I would like to try it sometime, but the lounge - 2 kids that are Disney adults gets way too expensive at Disney with that 3 course meal.
Kids did a free cake decorating class at the library this week and brought home two 6 inch fondant decorated cakes. Lol, I thought they were only going to decorate cupcakes. It was run by a woman who has a bakery in town so they are good cakes.

It's at the restaurant.

Yum, cake! Are you going to freeze one? I remember freezing the top of my wedding cake, hauling it to Daytona Beach from Colorado just to have it on our 1st anniversary. That was a long drive but the cake was so moist. Excellent baker at the Broadmoor hotel. ::yes::

It's at the restaurant.

Yum, cake! Are you going to freeze one? I remember freezing the top of my wedding cake, hauling it to Daytona Beach from Colorado just to have it on our 1st anniversary. That was a long drive but the cake was so moist. Excellent baker at the Broadmoor hotel. ::yes::
My kids get along but when it comes to these cakes each is very possessive of the one they decorated. I have 2 boxes taking way too much space in the fridge as they take a piece for dessert every night.

Did anyone else buy physical Disney GCs with the most recent Chase walmart.com offer? I bought 3 $100 cards - 2 in separate transactions on one day, and 1 a few days later. I’ve now gotten emails for all 3 that delivery has been delayed. Anyone else?
I tried 2 orders and they both got cancelled within 10 minutes. Walmart then emailed me to change my password because it suspected fraud on my account. I tried iTunes the next day and then Chase sent me a fraud alert and blocked the transaction. I don't think I will get my 10% by purchasing GCs from Walmart this time :rotfl2:

Last edited:
I tried 2 orders and they both got cancelled within 10 minutes. Walmart then emailed me to change my password because it suspsected fraud on my account. I tried iTunes the next day and then Chase sent me a fraud alert and blocked the transaction. I don't think I will get my 10% by purchasing GCs from Walmart this time :rotfl2:
Same issue here

I tried 2 orders and they both got cancelled within 10 minutes. Walmart then emailed me to change my password because it suspected fraud on my account. I tried iTunes the next day and then Chase sent me a fraud alert and blocked the transaction. I don't think I will get my 10% by purchasing GCs from Walmart this time :rotfl2:
Same here!. I purchased physical gift cards with my husbands chase offer with no issue. Although, My $100 gift card is delayed like everyone else's. When I tried to use my chase card to purchase an e-gift card it kept canceling and I was getting fraud alerts. I gave up.

Did anyone else buy physical Disney GCs with the most recent Chase walmart.com offer? I bought 3 $100 cards - 2 in separate transactions on one day, and 1 a few days later. I’ve now gotten emails for all 3 that delivery has been delayed. Anyone else?

This same thing is what happened with my previous order of physical DGC via Walmart. Keep track of all notifications about this order. From both Walmart and the shipping company (I'm guessing FedEx). Use the tracking number to track the package(s). Make screen shots of it with the current date and time included on the screen every day, if not more. I lost out on $200 of DGC being shipped to me. FedEx said it was delivered, but it wasn't and I work from home. My delivery notice came 3 days after it was supposedly delivered. If you are vigilant with the tracking, maybe you can avoid getting shafted like I did.

Does anyone know if the Chase 10% back at WalmartDOTcom will work on a Walmart e-gift card? I plan to order a $110 gc hoping for my max back of $11.

Been thinking about getting a personal chromebook/laptop to use for school (I'm a teacher) in additional to the one supplied by my school district. I'm looking for something lightweight and good for web surfing (will mostly use it for online gradebook/e hallpass application) so I can have those things running while I have slides up, etc. on the other laptop. I'm a MacBook person but don't want to bring mine in every day to school and don't want to drop the $$$ for an Macbook Air for school. Anyone know of any good deals happening right now? I was looking at this but not sure if its any good. I do like how it has touch screen...was wondering if I could use a stylus on it so I can do calculation problems or mark up slides if I wanted to on the projector.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo...qNZzvgHIoNf9WaDpVHBoCcCEQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

This same thing is what happened with my previous order of physical DGC via Walmart. Keep track of all notifications about this order. From both Walmart and the shipping company (I'm guessing FedEx). Use the tracking number to track the package(s). Make screen shots of it with the current date and time included on the screen every day, if not more. I lost out on $200 of DGC being shipped to me. FedEx said it was delivered, but it wasn't and I work from home. My delivery notice came 3 days after it was supposedly delivered. If you are vigilant with the tracking, maybe you can avoid getting shafted like I did.
FedEx around here takes delivery pictures for each package delivered, I've used this to go get packages 'delivered' to me from neighbors houses when I recognize their porch. Its happened at least once for both FedEx and Amazon, not like the address is hard to find on the houses here... Anyway, Check the tracking number and see if there is a picture of a neighbor? I don't know about FedEx but USPS attaches GPS coordinates to the delivery scan, maybe see if they have that data?

I don’t even have a tracking number yet. Worth it to just request cancellation?

I see that Top Cash Back has 3.6% back at Target today (8/26) and does not appear to exclude gift cards. Has anyone successfully purchased a DGC from Target using Top Cash Back and a Red Card to achieve an 8.42% savings rate?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter