• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

This is slightly off topic, but it is gift card related and you are my people and will understand my frustration. I got some Walmart gift cards from work for good customer service (Woot!). I loaded them into my Wal-Mart pay. I then proceed to spend 2 hours in Wal-Mart shopping and getting Shopkicks (a great way to get FREE gift cards including Disney - PM me for a code). I go to check out using Wal-Mart pay via my phone. Doesn't work. Cashier is stumped because they can see that I have the gift cards in the app. She goes and tracks down someone higher up the food chain. She suspends the transaction and takes me to the service desk so the cashier could take care of the person behind me (who I apologized to for causing the delay). Get to the service desk and they pull up the transaction. I try to pay again with gift cards on the Walmart app. "Oh you can't do that. We don't accept the gift cards in store through Wal-Mart pay." I went ahead and had them cancel the $100+ transaction because I'm not spending my own money when I have enough Wal-Mart gift cards to cover it. So if you count my travel time to get there and back home again plus the shopping, I wasted 3 hours of my day. 😠

This morning, I went on-line and ordered what I had in my cart for pickup. No problems using the gift cards for Pickup orders or things to be shipped either.

Why do stores have to make things so hard sometimes? After I use up these Wal-Mart gift cards, I'm going back to shopping at Target even though it's further away from my home.

Thus endeth my rant... LOL
Hi. I'm sorry to hear about your saga, but I think the employees in the store didn't know what they were talking about. I was just in Walmart 15 minutes ago and purchased some Ziplock bags and had no problem using Walmart pay and charging it to the Walmart gift cards that I have stored in Walmart pay.

Were you buying physical merchandise or gift cards too? I did not buy any gift cards, just the ziplock bags.

Hi. I'm sorry to hear about your saga, but I think the employees in the store didn't know what they were talking about. I was just in Walmart 15 minutes ago and purchased some Ziplock bags and had no problem using Walmart pay and charging it to the Walmart gift cards that I have stored in Walmart pay.

Were you buying physical merchandise or gift cards too? I did not buy any gift cards, just the ziplock bags.
I didn’t have any gift cards. Just groceries and miscellaneous household items.

Target has published their Weekly ad 11/19/23 - 11/25/23 and it's a whopping 19 pages with a lot of good wholesomeness!

Target - I'll add links when offers go live.

View attachment 810979
  • 10% Off Select Gaming gift cards
    • Shown: Nintendo eshop, PlayStation, Roblox and Xbox
    • Excludes: Fortnite V-bucks
    • Offer valid 11/19/23 - 11/25/23.
  • Buy $100 Apple Gift Cards & Get $15 Target gift card
Edit to add:
  • Target Circle Reward Offer: Various
    • Spend $80 & Get $15 circle rewards.
    • Yes, works on Specialty Gift Cards
    • Expires 11/20/23. Post #20440 :thumbsup2 @mama&me
Credit Cards and More
  • Redcard holders save 5% on Specialty Gift Cards
  • Chase Freedom 5% Q4 2023: PayPal
  • Discover 5% Q4 2023: Target
  • Be sure to use a shopping portal - YMMV
  • Cash App Offers: N/A
  • Split Payment at self checkout: 10/08/22 Post #10842
  • Target also accepts: Apple Pay
Is the Target Circle Reward for everyone? When I look on my app, I am not seeing that show up.

I've run my home depot out of plastic $50 cards on the cash app deal and had to start in on their stash of variable, fully sealed cardboard type gift cards. THESE THINGS ARE PIECES OF CRAP. I buy them and kinda batch process as I get around to it. I transferred 4 today, having learned the pitfalls of them here I knew to be careful and I was ultimately ok. Of note
  • I was unable to extract a single gift card without the parts of the fine print tearing off with the sticky stuff that holds the card in the sealed package
  • I know it can be easy to scratch off the numbers so I did the peel method real slow but that only worked for 2. The other 2 the numbers started to peel up as it ripped the paper so I went to the scratch method
  • I scratched real slow with a dime, didn't scratch the numbers off
I've got more but I'm afraid if I look at them with my current angry eyes they'll spontaneously combust so I'm gonna wait a bit on processing those.

Especially don't give these to someone as a gift! Who wants a cardboard, partially torn up gift card?

ETA: went back to one that I scratched and scratched it real hard with a dime but the numbers didn't scratch off this time, so at least there is that! Last time I had one of these I was able to scratch the numbers off with my nail. Maybe production is still figuring it out?

Last edited:
Anyone know of a discount on iTunes gift cards?

I think Target is going to have one starting on 11/23.

Thanks. I’ll be watching them for apple as well. Now if only SW would have a Spring/Summer sale we wouldn’t have to drive🤞
Target's iTunes GC sale starts 11/19

https://slickdeals.net/f/17061058-1...t-card-100-target-starting-sunday-11-19-11-25

@FoxC63 also posted it with the 11/19 circular earlier today

https://www.disboards.com/threads/updated-disney-gift-card-deals-and-more.3784942/post-65159171

Giftcard .com
1700198855155.png

• Buy Happy Holidays & Get 5% Off with Promo Code HOLIDAYFEAST
  • Save 5% when buying $100 virtual Visa gift cards with promo codes:
    • GIFTVISAS - New
    • HOLIDAY5
    • GIFTVISA5
    • HOLIDAY5OFF
  • Limit 3. Direct link to offer
  • Note codes are one time use and are not stackable.
Credit Cards & More
  • Apple Pay Amex offer: via Everyday card
    Get a $5 statement credit by using your enrolled eligible Card to spend a minimum of $50 in one or more purchases using Apple Pay on your eligible mobile device
    Limit of 3 statement credits (total of $15).
    Expires 1/01/24. Post #20204 :thumbsup2 @trenty
  • Chase Freedom Q4 2023 Quarterly Categories: PayPal
  • Site now accepts: Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Shopping Portal - YMMV Read the terms!

Thank you so much @bbsearchlight :hug:

Lowe's Home Improvement

1700199510531.png

• Buy $100 One4all or Choice gift cards & Get $10 Lowe's egift card via Code
Credit Cards and More
  • Lowe’s Chase Offer: Get 10% Back On Up To $250 Spend
    • Buy Gift Cards In-Store
    • Offer valid one time only.
    • Payment must be made directly with the merchant.
    • Offer not valid on third-party services.
    • Expires 11/23/23.
  • Lowe’s Amex Offer: Spend $250 & Get $50 Off
  • Bank of America Cash Rewards: Home Improvement

This post had been edited: Added better images and Burger King offer

Dollar General Black Friday

1700247630369.png

1700247847831.png
  • Get 15% Off Lowe’s Gift Cards
    • $25 - $100 variable load
    • Offer valid 11/23/23
  • Buy $25 Xbox or GamePass Ultimate gift cards for $20
  • Buy Select Multi Pack Gift Cards & Get 20% Off
    • Includes: Applebee's, Burger King, Chili’s, Darden, Domino’s, Panera Bread, PlayStation and Xbox
  • Buy TWO $25 + Select gift cards & Get $10 Off

Last edited:
Staples
1700206232851.png

• 15% discount
    • $25-$250 Instacart
  • 20% discount
    • $15-$500 Regal Cinemas
    • $15-$200 DoorDash
    • $15-$200 Panera Bread
    • $25-$500 Spafinder
    • Expires 11/18/23. GCG via Slickdeals

Best Buy
1700207082531.png

• Get 15% Off Select gift cards
    • Includes: Aeropostale, Fandango, Gap Options and Vudu
  • Get 20% off Adidas & H&M gift cards
  • Buy $100 DoorDash gift cards for $80
  • Buy $200 Instacart gift cards & Get $30 Best Buy gift cards
  • Buy $500 Airbnb gift cards & Get $75 Best Buy gift cards
Credit Cards and More
  • Best Buy Chase Offer: 10% back with a maximum of $25.Offer valid one time only.
  • Best Buy Amex Offer: Get +1 Membership Rewards point per eligible dollar spent, up to 5,000 points.
    • Expires 12/15/23.
  • Chase Freedom 5% Q4 2023: PayPal
  • Apple Pay Amex offer: via Everyday card
    Get a $5 statement credit by using your enrolled eligible Card to spend a minimum of $50 in one or more purchases using Apple Pay on your eligible mobile device.
  • US Bank Cash+: Electronic Stores
  • Stack with a Shopping Portal - YMMV

Newegg

1700210075489.png

• $25 VUDU Gift Cards for $20 - Shell Shocker
  • $75 Fanatics eGift Card for $57 with Promo Code: BFDAYW22
  • $50 Nintendo eShop eGift Card for $45 with Promo Code: BFDAYWCYA757

• $50 Gap eGift Card for $40
    • Limit 5. Direct link
    • Offer valid 11/21/23 - 11/25/23.
Credit Cards & More
  • Newegg Citi Offer: Get 1% Or 2% Back On Up To 15 Transactions
    • Expires 11/15/23 GCG.
  • Amex Business Gold card will earn 4x Membership Rewards if this is one of your top two earning categories this month.
  • Alternative Payment Method with VV
  • May also try shopping portal
  • Look into Payment Methods as well, I have no DP for PayPal or when using discounted Visa/Mastercard gift cards. Post #14164

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter