• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Re. Target 10% gift cards - Can someone double-check me on this? I have a "spend $50 twice and get $10 back" bonus. If I buy a $50 gift card, will it satisfy one of the purchases even through the subtotal is $45? I was thinking yes, but then I started overthinking it and wanted to make sure.

Re. Target 10% gift cards - Can someone double-check me on this? I have a "spend $50 twice and get $10 back" bonus. If I buy a $50 gift card, will it satisfy one of the purchases even through the subtotal is $45? I was thinking yes, but then I started overthinking it and wanted to make sure.

Yes, just purchase a $50 gift cards twice but NOT Target gift cards.

Reminder
  • You cannot buy Target GC with Target gift cards.
  • You cannot use Target GC to buy any third party gift cards.
  • You cannot use Target Circle Balance, earned Rewards, Anniversary, Birthday, Target Coupons including Target Circle Rewards Offer towards the purchase of Target GC.
  • You do not get an additional 5% discount on Target GC when using your Redcard.
  • You can use other credit cards to buy Target GC, just make sure you're getting the best deal.

Yes, just purchase a $50 gift cards twice but NOT Target gift cards.

Actually, I want to buy the Target GC to get the 10% off and fulfill one bonus check. Then I plan on using that gift card (and my 5% birthday reward) to do some shopping in the store to get the other check.

Am I stacking correctly?

Actually, I want to buy the Target GC to get the 10% off and fulfill one bonus check. Then I plan on using that gift card (and my 5% birthday reward) to do some shopping in the store to get the other check.

Am I stacking correctly?

No. Read the Reminder

• You cannot use Target Circle Balance, earned Rewards, Anniversary, Birthday, Target Coupons including Target Circle Rewards Offer towards the purchase of Target GC.
You cannot use a Target Reward Offer to buy Target gc.
You have buy some other Speciality gc.

Calling it! I'm going to bed early.

CVS
  • Buy ONE $75 Select gift card & Get $15 ExtraBucks Rewards
    • Includes: Chili's, Cinemark, Domino's, Fandango, Fanatics, Macaroni Grill, Maggiano's, O'Charley's, On the Border, Panera Bread, Ruth's Chris, Vudu or Wayfair
    • Limit 1 per household with card.
    • Weekly ad
    • Expires 12/02/23. Post #20961
Dollar General
  • Get 15% Off Gaming & Entertainment Gift Cards
    • Includes: Cinemark, Fandango, PlayStation, Rec Room, Xbox and Vudu
  • Save 15% on Select Casual Dining Gift Cards
    • Includes: Cold Stone Creamery, Domino's, Krispy Kreme, Subway, Steak Shake, TGI Friday's and Wendy's
    • Weekly ad
    • Expires 12/02/23. Post #20964
Kinney Drugs
Office Depot/OfficeMax
Rite Aid
  • Buy $25 Domino’s & Panera Gift Cards & Get $5 BonusCash
    • Limit 2.
  • Buy $50 PlayStation & Xbox Gift Cards & Get $8 BonusCash
    • Limit 2.
  • Buy $50 Dick’s Sporting Goods & REI Gift Cards & Get $8 BonusCash
    • Limit 2.
  • Buy $50 Fanatics & Wayfair Gift Cards & Get $10 BonusCash
    • Limit 2.
  • Limit 2 per gift card grouping.
Walgreens
  • Buy any TWO Select Gift Cards & Get $5 Walgreens gift card
    • Includes: Fanatics .com, Fandango, Sony PlayStation, Topgolf, Vudu, or Wayfair
    • Weekly ad
    • Expires 12/02/23. Post #20987

Am I stacking correctly?

No. Read the Reminder

You cannot use a Target Reward Offer to buy Target gc.
You have buy some other Speciality gc.

If I'm reading it correctly that's not what she's trying to do.

Yes you can buy the one target gc at 10% off but since it will actually ring up at 45 due to the sale price, to get your $50 marked off you need to spend 50, this isn't the same as the % off when using a target red card. My receipt rang it at 450 plus 5.99 item I bought the subtotal was 455.99. The red card discount comes after the subtotal which is why it works on a 50 gc but this won't. However if you buy a variable load you can load 56 and it would come out at 50.40 so you'd still save 10% and mark off your spend 50.

Yes you can combine the target gc you bought with your birthday coupon to do other shopping, which to me means non gc shopping. This is a great way to get the extra % off.

If I'm reading it correctly that's not what she's trying to do.

Yes you can buy the one target gc at 10% off but since it will actually ring up at 45 due to the sale price, to get your $50 marked off you need to spend 50, this isn't the same as the % off when using a target red card. My receipt rang it at 450 plus 5.99 item I bought the subtotal was 455.99. The red card discount comes after the subtotal which is why it works on a 50 gc but this won't. However if you buy a variable load you can load 56 and it would come out at 50.40 so you'd still save 10% and mark off your spend 50.

Yes you can combine the target gc you bought with your birthday coupon to do other shopping, which to me means non gc shopping. This is a great way to get the extra % off.
Target GCs are excluded from Circle bonus offers; they don't count as a qualifying purchase, so it won't mark it off.

What is excluded?
  • Qualifying purchases exclude alcohol, Target GiftCards, Visa, American Express and Mastercard gift cards/prepaid cards, CVS pharmacy, clinic, and Target Optical. See the Target Circle program rules for complete list of excluded items. Restrictions apply. See terms & conditions below.
Now if it was an actual qualified item instead, since the 10% discount is a Circle offer and not a sale price, buying a $50 item (GC) would mark off a purchase since the subtotal would be $50 before discounts.

• The minimum purchase threshold is calculated before other offers, discounts (other than sale prices) and taxes are applied. Your purchase subtotal should be more than the required purchase threshold to qualify.
I think in-store receipts aren't as easy to see as online since, IIRC, the Circle discounts are shown individually after each qualifying item rather than how the online cart groups them together after the subtotal. So on a store receipt it probably does show a misleading subtotal of $45 because the discount is listed before that on the line items, like coupons. But it would still count without having to add extra on top. (again, with the hypothetical qualifying item like a Disney GC, and not a Target GC)

New offer on my BOA debit:
Kroger SHIP: Earn 20% cash back on all of your Kroger Ship purchases, until a $26.00 cash back maximum is reached. Expires 1/15/2024.

Anyone know how this will work on Disney Gift Cards? I have never used Kroger Ship, but I see they do have Disney Gift Cards.

ETA: I just created a Kroger Ship account to see the Disney Gift Cards. "Item Unavailable."

New offer on some of my Chase Cards:
Earn 10% cash back on your Great Wolf Lodge purchase, when you spend $100 or more, with a $48.00 cash back maximum. Expires 12/31//2023.

I don't plan to use this one. But we had fun times in the past when the kids were little. If you are planning a trip there, check your offers.

Staples has the $200 Mastercards with no fees this week. Use a Chase Ink Cash Card for 5X Ultimate Rewards points.

As an aside, all Staples customer service phone lines have now been down for 5 days straight while they are still working on their "minor" cyber attack. I am guessing when they eventually reveal what happened, it will be more than minor.

Staples has the $200 Mastercards with no fees this week. Use a Chase Ink Cash Card for 5X Ultimate Rewards points.

As an aside, all Staples customer service phone lines have now been down for 5 days straight while they are still working on their "minor" cyber attack. I am guessing when they eventually reveal what happened, it will be more than minor.
Ugh, I was hoping for the fee free Visas... Those are more useful for me.

This post has been edited: I've never shopped at an Aldi so I had to dig around for information. Some peeps are saying they have a Seasonal gift card rack with various gift cards including Disney, Shell, Ebay, Amazon, Lowes, Home Depot and more as seen in the photo.
Some (all?) YMMV

View attachment 815156

Post #1 Disney Gift Card Deals ONLY

Post #2 Discount District

Aldi
Buy store and/or 3rd Party gift cards in-store with the offers listed below:
  • Aldi Chase Offer: Various Offers
    • Earn 10% cash back on your Aldi purchase, with a $6.00 cash back maximum.
    • Expires 12/14/23.
  • Aldi Amex Offer: 10% back up to a $15 max
    • Expires 12/31/23.
  • List of Gift Cards sold at Aldi. 12/01/23.
I do too much grocery shopping here to get gift cards 😂

Hmm. It’s been more than 24 hours since my last Best Buy purchase but it isn’t letting me do another. Boo.

Best Buy is no longer Sunday to Saturday with the ads. Instead they run Monday -Sunday. So I would think today is the last day for this deal.
It looks like you have to have some sort of membership to get this discount now? Just clicked on it and it said subscribe to Plus or Premium for this offer?

It looks like you have to have some sort of membership to get this discount now? Just clicked on it and it said subscribe to Plus or Premium for this offer?

You are correct. If you're looking for just Disney gc, you should look into Post #1 Disney Gift Card Deals ONLY

The Best Buy offer was posted on November 28th and should be expiring tomorrow, Monday Dec 4th.

Best Buy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter