Although not a GC relevant story exactly, it is DGC adjacent and I thought you would all be amused.
I went to Target to pay my bill, in cash. I wanted my debt wiped clean before I took advantage of a circle offer I got ($40 reward when I spend $400).
I owed just over $1000 and the cashier told me the max he could take was $1000. He said Target will not take more than $1000 cash at a time🤷‍♀️
My first response was, “so Target doesn’t want me to pay my bill?”
He had to do my payment as two separate transactions. Whatever happened to “cash is king”?
Robberies and counterfeiting.

@Liquidice

I do recall gift cards being excluded and purchase must be groceries.
I believe that has been a long understanding with BJ's offer.

Personally I would take advantage of this offer but unfortunately and as always Michiganders and others are excluded.

Offer not valid in the Cape Coral, FL; Fort Myers, FL; Pensacola, FL; Port Charlotte, FL; University Park, FL; Noblesville, IN; Canton, MI; Chesterfield, MI; Madison Heights, MI; Lansing, MI; Lewis Center, OH; New Albany, OH; Ross Township, PA; South Fayette, PA; La Vergne, TN; Mt. Juliet, TN; and Madison, AL, clubs. Expires: 6/4/24.

The only offer we typically see is for $30 or $35 without a bonus card.

@Liquidice

I do recall gift cards being excluded and purchase must be groceries.
I believe that has been a long understanding with BJ's offer.

Personally I would take advantage of this offer but unfortunately and as always Michiganders and others are excluded.

Offer not valid in the Cape Coral, FL; Fort Myers, FL; Pensacola, FL; Port Charlotte, FL; University Park, FL; Noblesville, IN; Canton, MI; Chesterfield, MI; Madison Heights, MI; Lansing, MI; Lewis Center, OH; New Albany, OH; Ross Township, PA; South Fayette, PA; La Vergne, TN; Mt. Juliet, TN; and Madison, AL, clubs. Expires: 6/4/24.

The only offer we typically see is for $30 or $35 without a bonus card.

That stinks! Even if you sign up online you won't qualify I guess? I finally spoke to a supervisor who said anything qualifies except the gift cards, etc in that list - so he said I could buy essentially any physical goods and I'd automatically qualify for the $20.

Need to buy a dehumidifier anyway, so I guess that will qualify.

I should have read the fine print more carefully :)

Oh, I did want to mention I made an error yesterday with Kroger 4x Fuel, the offer is valid today only. I had the offer listed as 6/17/24. :rolleyes: I'm sorry for the confusion folks!

Kroger Family Stores: Baker's, City Market, Dillions, Fred Meyer, Fry's, Gerbes, Harris Teeter, Jay C Foods, King Soopers, Kroger, Mariano's, Metro Market, Pay Less Super Markets, Pick 'n Save, QFC, Ralphs, Smith's
  • Earn 4x Fuel On Disney / 3rd Party Gift Cards
    • Links Above
    • Excludes: All store gift cards under the Kroger umbrella including Kroger Wireless Refill and Kroger boost, and variable load Visa & Mastercard gift cards And Amazon gift cards
    • Offer Valid 5/17/24. Post #24986
Credit Cards & More
  • Smith Chase Offer: Earn 5% cash back on your Smith's purchase, with a $4.50 cash back maximum.
    • Yes, works on Disney gift cards in-store and only at Smith.
    • Expires 5/25/24. Post #24972 :thumbsup2 @veginaz

I'm still not clear on how to save 10-15% in bulk. I read posts 1 & 2. Can someone please help me understand better how to proceed if I want to buy thousands of dollars of discounted Disney Gift Cards at a better discount than the 5% I'm getting at Target. I don't need fuel rewards. Thanks!

Looking through my spreadsheet, my best discounts on DGC in the last 16 months that were above 15% total discount were:

* Straight up BJ's $10 off coupon with no restriction on GCs on $25 - $50 minimum purchase. More sweet when stacked with Chase or Discover quarterly bonus on warehouse purchases.
* Best Buy periodic promos (now requires membership...so do the math) and stack with AMEX offer and cashback site offer.
* Target Circle offers with Cash App 10% boost (rare now) and cashback site offer.
* ShopDisney with Apple Pay promo and Chase offers and cashback site offer.
* Walmart AMEX offers (equivalent to 30% discount !!)
* Not quite 15% but Costco's DGC sale back in Dec. when combined with 2% Executive rebate and 2% Citi Costco Visa cashback was awesome when you need big denominations.

It is thanks to this thread that I was able to average 15.5% discount (after factoring in BJ's and Best Buy membership fees) on purchases of DGCs over the last 16 months. I was only looking to buy about $3.5K worth of DGCs last year but ended up with over $5K since some of the offers were too good to pass up and it is easy to get caught up in the hype when seeing other posters share their excitement when they snag a deal! I was able to save on other GCs too like Instacart, Uber, DoorDash, Wayfair and Chipotle when our tireless leader posts all the great GC deals and other posters chip in with their credit card offers!

I'm still not clear on how to save 10-15% in bulk. I read posts 1 & 2. Can someone please help me understand better how to proceed if I want to buy thousands of dollars of discounted Disney Gift Cards at a better discount than the 5% I'm getting at Target. I don't need fuel rewards. Thanks!
This is not easy to do in bulk. I do it over time when the opportunities arise. @dragonflymom already mentioned some, but here is how I got 10-15+% off in the last year or two:
  • credit card offers: when chase or BOA has 10% offers for:
    • shopdisney (sometimes it has been 20%)
    • rite aid
    • cvs
    • staples
    • other merchants that sell gift cards
  • Best Buy - sometimes runs sales on DGC; even better when the sale coincides with a CC offer
  • BJs coupons - described a lot in the past few days here
  • Cash app offers - but not lately
  • I use any money earned through Rakuten and Swagbucks (not so much anymore) to get free gift cards
In 2022 I bought $1,070 in gift cards and saved 10.9%
In 2023 I bought:
  • $1,085 in gift cards and saved 18.7%
  • $950 in gift cards and saved 22%
In 2024 so far I bought:
  • $985 in gift cards and saved 13.6%
  • $175 and saved 19.8%
  • $150 and saved 12+%

@JoshF

I think what it boils down to is to save more than 5% through things such as Target or Sams/BJs it usually requires some amount of effort to build up a large sum of money at the higher discount rates.

Usually when 10% is offered, there is a limit on the amount you can buy such as the Costco Black Friday deal ($250 for $225) even though it seemed like many were able to buy multiples, I know for myself after buying 4 or so, every subsequent order was cancelled.

CashApp occasionally offers 10% instant cashback from stores (usually in person, brick and mortar stores) and you can usually buy $50-100 at the 10% off rate every 24 hours. But it will take work from you to drive to the store everyday to do it and it is exactly 24 hours and 1 minute before you can buy one with the 10% off instantly applied which can be difficult (I often missed a day here or there because of the exactly 24 hour and 1 minute method).

BJs used to allow for bulk Disney Gift Card purchases with up to 8% off, I bought a very large sum of DGCs from them doing that back in 2020, but they don't seem to anymore.

If you want to buy lets say $5000 worth of Disney Gift Cards at a discount of 10% or greater, you'll have to work for it and buy it in small increments along the way.

Kroger Online - Blackhawk Network
  • Save 5% on most 3rd Party Gift Cards with Promo Code MAYMADNESS
    • Direct link
    • And earn 4x Fuel (5/17/24 only)
    • Excludes: All store gift cards under the Kroger umbrella including Kroger Wireless Refill and Kroger boost, and variable load Visa & Mastercard, Amazon and Disney gift cards.
    • Note, DisneyPlus and Disneyland Park Tickets are included in this promotion.
    • Expires 5/19/24.
Credit Cards and More
  • Smith Chase Offer: Earn 5% cash back on your Smith's purchase, with a $4.50 cash back maximum.
    • Yes, works on Disney gift cards in-store and only at Smith.
    • Expires 5/25/24. Post #24972 :thumbsup2 @veginaz
  • Kroger also accepts: Apple Pay

Post #3 Credit Card Offers & More

Amex Offers

Best Buy Amex Offer:
Get +1 Membership Rewards point per eligible dollar spent, up to 5,000 points
Expires 9/30/24.

CVS Amex Offer: Spend $5 or more, get $5 back, up to 2 times (total of $10).
Expires 8/31/24.

Delta Amex Offer: Spend $180 or more on Delta flights (via Amex Travel only), get $40 back
Expires 7/05/24.

Hertz Amex Offer: Spend $150 or more, get $40 back
Expires 6/30/24.

Hilton Amex Offer: Spend $180 or more, get $40 back
Expires 7/31/24.

McDonald's Amex Offer: Spend $15 or more, get $5 back, up to 3 times (total of $15).
Expires 6/04/24.

Chase

Newegg Chase Offer
: Earn 5% cashback, up to $50 as a statement credit when you make a purchase at Newegg, including taxes and after any discounts.
Expires 5/31/24.

Panera Chase Offer: Earn 10% cash back on your Panera Bread purchase, with a $2.50 cash back maximum.
Expires 6/04/24.

Darn! I was hoping to get a Target Reward but nadda! I wonder if it's because I have $25 in rewards, maybe they want me to spend this first?

They gave this instead which isn't useful.

1715976563033.png

This is the same offer that’s been available since May 6th. It is still listed, but is holding to the 2 GC limit.

I didn't have this offer listed on Post #1 or #2 not to mention I was logged in Sam's when I saw the $200 for $190 back in stock. I can't believe I missed the $100 for $90 offer.

Target
1715977104591.png
  • Save 30% on Xbox Game Pass, 1 month or 3 month
Credit Cards and More
  • Redcard holders save 5% on Specialty Gift Cards excludes Target gift cards.
  • Target also accepts Apple Pay & PayPal
  • Be sure to use a shopping portal - YMMV

I didn't have this offer listed on Post #1 or #2 not to mention I was logged in Sam's when I saw the $200 for $190 back in stock. I can't believe I missed the $100 for $90 offer.

Actually it started May 3rd. Many people were able to buy a few days early, on April 29. And buy more than 2 on the 3rd. Those posts start on page 1238. The deal was on a Sam’s Club flyer. It’s still listed on the app. I thought that’s why you meant about the unlimited Sam’s GC run. The $200 GC is listed for $190. I only bought 3 when it was available for $185. It will let me buy only 2 more, because that one was limit of 5 per member.

IMG_6623.png

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter