**UPDATED**I finally got busy doing some stuff (Warning - Long rambling thread)

Tulirose

<font color=blue>"MIS-ter Garibaldi!"<br><font col
PLEASE SEE UPDATE IN SEPARATE POST BELOW -Warning - It is not a happy one! :(

Terrible day at work. One printer has been down for a week. Today my entire computer went down. Stats up the gazoo. Had to sit at vacationing boss's desk. Her macros are not like my macros. Her keyboard is too high. Her monitor is too low. Very disconcerting and feeling totally out of place. Calgon take me away from it all.

Left at 4 p.m. and after checking mail and such, decided to move my butt outside to enjoy this beautiful day.

Well, saw my Montauk Daisy sitting there looking at me - "are you ever going to find me a place to call home?" - it seemed to be saying to me. (Due to readings on this thread of people's love of Montauk Daisies, I had picked one up this past weekend).

Pick up my potted M. Daisy and walk around the yard - front yard, back yard, by pool. Where oh where to plant this little old guy. Hmm... maybe I'll put it where I had the Shasta Daisy... put shovel in ground - WAIT - Didn't I just plant some bulbs here last weekend? I honestly don't remember!! Umm, this isn't really a good spot anyway because the Shasta Daisy didn't make it, why would I plant the Montauk Daisy in the same bad place.

Pick up M. Daisy, walk around house again....Oh, I know - by the mailbox. Stupid place to put a hosta anyway, it burnt to a crisp this summer by the mailbox. I'll just move that hosta someplace else. Let me just read the little info tab that came with the daisy again....hmm.... "prefers sun" - good spot....."thrives in fairly rich, moist, well drained soil" - nah, this soil isn't really that great and it is only moist when the sprinkler is on. Scratch this spot.

Pick up M. Daisy and wander around house again. End up in backyard. By the deck, this might be good. Actually do a dig with the shovel. NAH!!! This would be stupid- one silly little plant along this entire length. Should do it right and make an entire garden bed here if I'm gonna plant anything (yeah, like THAT is ever gonna happen!).

Pick up M. Daisy and then it hits me! The perfect spot. Not too wide of an area, gets sun, soil is moist and good - still near the deck, but the short side, to the right of the steps and to the left of the recycling garbage can! YES! I always hated that dirty looking area. This will brighten it up and make it look pretty!

Start digging, pull out some roots and stuff, not much. Go get some good soil from shed to make it better. Yes, I like this. Mix everything real good. Dig a little hole, pop the daisy out of the container, undo the bound-up roots and whola! there she sits, pretty as a picture!!! A little water. Hey, that was easy!
Hope she lasts.

But wait! I'm not done. I have some time before I have to be at a meeting at 6:30 p.m. Let me start preparing that hot tub area for seeding. It's not too late to seed. Fall is suppose to be the best time.

Pick up grill cover from ground and put it on grill, move chair fully onto my unfinished makeshift brick patio, move a wheelie type cart onto the brick also. Okay, umm, what next. Oh, let me pull up these slate things that I want to use for a walkway behind the pool area. Easy enough to do that. Rake up some leaves. Where's that long weed toolie thingie?... got some weeds to pull out. Next, off to the garage for the metal hoe-rake thingie. Oh, what's this, a stupid stump here. And what's this, another slate thing covered in dirt , well I'll just move that over with the others for use later.

I can get into this. Start loosening up some of the packed down dirt. This will be great. Once I loosen this dirt up and take up some stumps and such, I have top soil in shed I can spread and mix in. Saturday we can even go down to town dump and get free compost and I have grass seed (how long does grass seed last anyway?) and by the weekend, this area should be seeded!

Just...gotta...get... this...stubborn....root...up....OOPS - Dirt all over my face and in my eyes!! And there goes the timer buzzing in the kitchen telling me it is time to leave for the meeting. Quick run to bathroom to wash up and make sure I'm semi-presentable (it's a very informal meeting). Son and girlfriend are making dinner. Hubby will be home shortly while I'm gone and I will eat upon my return. Yes, this day was not so bad after all. I love playing in the dirt! What a beautiful day!

Do I really have to go to work tomorrow? :(

I warned you this would be long and rambling. Now time to get some sleep. Thanks for taking the time to read this, if ya did!

Sounds like the perfect time except that silly meeting...sure did get in the way of your gardening.;)

Tulirose, you are a riot! I love reading your posts. :) I'm glad you found a spot for M. Daisy, I was just about ready to send you my mailing address! ;)

Thank you for your delightful story! :)

Tuli I love reading your post, they always bring a smile to my face. :) There are days when a Tuli post cheers me up and makes me laugh. Ramble my dear I sure do need a few laugh's lately.

Yaaaaaaaaaay! Congrats on finding a home for your new daisy. I have to admit that I got a little dizzy with all the spinning around looking for the right place (hee hee!)

It just figures that with minutes to spare you'd end up accidentally flinging dirt in your face. Yikes!

Glad you had some theraputic time in the garden. What a wonderful sanctuary it can be!

Tuli finds home for orphan Daisy! LOL!

Sounds like the best time in the garden - PUTTERING. :)

**UPDATE**

Original post typed up a little more than two weeks ago. Have I done anything since then to the area around the hot tub?.... NOOOOOO! And now we are having several days of nice steady rain which would have been great for grass seedlings! :(

And to make me even more depressed (rain does depressing things to my head), we were puppy sitting my SIL's dog (100 lbs Lab), Jackson, this week. Guess who dug up and destroyed my Montauk Daisy!?! :mad:

Awww.......Tulirose, you sound like a BUD in need of a (((((( HUG ))))).

I'm sorry about your daisies :( ..........you did tell Jackson to "Please don't eat...........", sorry, I'm trying really hard not to go there!! ;)

There's still time, plant some more of them, same with the grass seed. If it doesn't happen, there's always next year. Just think of it as pacing yourself! :)

OMG! I am ROTFLMAO!

Sorry. I'll put on a long face and play taps for the montauk daisy.

Tomorrow.

:p

Thanks for the hug Snowwark! :D

Gina! :mad: ...... no, actually, I laughed too (at your post that is). A few days have passed since this happened and it doesn't hurt so much anymore! I guess that Daisy was just not meant to be at the Tuli home! *SIGH*

Daisy Daisy
Give me your answer true
Tuli's so sad now
Over the loss of you......
It won't be a fancy planting
There's a bad dog panting
But you'll look sweet
And grow so neat
When Tuli plants more of you!!

:) ;) :)

......think of "Bicycle Built For Two" lol

I'm sorry, Tuli.

If I ever told you how many plants I have killed, maimed, destroyed, trampled and tossed, you'd understand.

It's just another chapter of As the Soil Turns.......

LOL! Poor little Daisy...

I have sacrificed so many plants to the plant gods.... just a part of gardening. :)

You guys made me laugh so hard! Thanks for the cute little dittie, Snowwark -- even if you did sing it off key! :p

Okay, you all have rallied me up. I will not be defeated by Jackson - the ball-playing doggie. I will go out there and and start anew!!! ;) (.... maybe tomorrow or Sunday...if the rain ever stops.... and after I take care of a few other things first....)

Thank you Tuli. I loved reading your story. Put a much needed smile on my face.
I too have a transient M. Daisy. I can't find the right home for her either. I moved her around the deck the other day but still haven't found the perfect home for her in the ground. She's been transient for a few years so she's used to being homeless Sort of a bag lady of plants I guess.

<font size= "3" font color="green" font face= "Jester">
ºoº Deb'S aka Glinda ºoº

Oh my...I can hardly believe this is from 2 years ago!!! :) What a fun blast from the past, Tulirose! :) A perennial favourite..;) :)

I do miss our long lost Buds, though. ::yes:: :( :flower1:

Oh geez kim...you have too much time on your hands.

So tuli...how does M. Daisy look now?

LOL Vanessa!!! Tulirose posted a link to this old thread on Patsy's Montauk Daisy post. :tongue:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter