• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

UPDATED Member Clubhouse..."Toast in Style"...post #13

sheryl0521

DIS Veteran
did you see the Member Clubhouse feature article?

Neighborhood News & Notes
Toast in Style
The Cast Members behind such Member events as the Merry Member Mixer, Spring Swing and Summer Block Party are busy creating a new Member gathering to take place this fall.

While details remain in the works, Member Clubhouse has learned that this exclusive Member event will take place during the Epcot® International Food and Wine Festival.

Watch your e-mail inbox for an official announcement in the weeks ahead, and look for updates at www.dvcmember.com as new information becomes available.

I CAN NOT WAIT! We will be there for the F&W and this only adds to the fun!

I was hoping they'd have the Merry Mixer, since I wasn't a member during last years. :guilty: I hope that have that again this year in addition to the one at the F & WF

I know we are excited too! I hope it's happening the week we are there!
Gotta represent my doggies too, since they are finally here too. :paw:
:dog2: :dog2: :dog2: :cat: :fish: (our petting zoo) :lovestruc

I would guess it would be a recurring event during the F&W fest. Something similar to the Tuesday block parties during the summer at PI.

Can't wait! :dog:

The Cast Members behind such Member events as the Merry Member Mixer, Spring Swing and Summer Block Party are busy creating a new Member gathering to take place this fall.

At some point, Disney needs to get with the planning schedule that they've asked us to get on. In other words, springing new events with anything less than an 11 month notice provides no chance for most of the members to participate unless they live within a short driving distance to WDW.

The only way we could participate in an event like this is if we are fortunate enough to already have reservations in hand when they announce it.

Just seems that Disney needs to work on their event planning. With proper notice, they could probably see a much better return on their promotional efforts.

Just my opinion. :)

sheryl...thanks for sharing the info!

athenna said:
I was hoping they'd have the Merry Mixer, since I wasn't a member during last years. :guilty: I hope that have that again this year in addition to the one at the F & WF
Ditto!!

Granny said:
At some point, Disney needs to get with the planning schedule that they've asked us to get on. In other words, springing new events with anything less than an 11 month notice provides no chance for most of the members to participate unless they live within a short driving distance to WDW.

The only way we could participate in an event like this is if we are fortunate enough to already have reservations in hand when they announce it.

Just seems that Disney needs to work on their event planning. With proper notice, they could probably see a much better return on their promotional efforts.

Just my opinion. :)

sheryl...thanks for sharing the info!

I was thinking the same thing! Why cant we be notified a little sooner! :rolleyes:

bwhahah - Disney planning ahead? They can't even get a whole program in place anymore before somoene has leaked it here and people have beat it to death (nothing like calling CRO and no one having a clue about some new program that went into place earlier in the week).

Its a nice point and I wish they would do it, just doesn't seem like they have the ability to plan very well anymore. Maybe a change in leadership will help. :confused3

Cool! Hopefully they will do weekly 2 hour parties like they have been!

As for planning ahead - they are having more and more of these 2 hour mini-events each year. I would never plan around one of their two hour parties - only around the F&W festival - so the advance notice doesn't bother me at all. Perhaps eventually they will just have multiple events year round, so you are bound to catch something.

But not announcing the big ones - the cruises, the Member Homecoming etc - outside of the 11 month window does bother me. We book most vacations at 11 months, so if they announce after then, we are usually out of luck with the planning!

kathleena said:
As for planning ahead - they are having more and more of these 2 hour mini-events each year. I would never plan around one of their two hour parties - only around the F&W festival - so the advance notice doesn't bother me at all. Perhaps eventually they will just have multiple events year round, so you are bound to catch something.

I agree - I would not plan an entire vacation around a 2-hour event like this. They are just "icing on the cake" for when we are in WDW. We have never gotten to a Merry Mixer, but we did hit a Summer block party when we planned a last minute trip in the summer of 2003.

So if you want to catch one of these, give MS a call and see if you can land a studio somewhere.

I wouldn't plan a vacation around a 2 hour deal either, but if I knew they started at a certain time it could influence the timing of my vacation by a week or so if it meant being able to do something like this.

I appreciate that they continue to try to bring promotional events like this to us. For those of you who go, let us know what it's like. :)

While DH and I really did enjoy the Block Party we attended on 7/12 (got chair massages, an ice cream, popcorn, watched hula hoop and trivia contests) I don't think it's enough to plan a vacation around.

I'm sorry to say... this STINKS--->>>>

Toast in style
Member Clubhouse has learned that the Member event scheduled for this fall will invite Members to mix and mingle with their Disney neighbors through exclusive champagne brunches at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa during the Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival.

The brunches will take place on select Sundays in late October and early November.

Watch your e-mail inbox for an official announcement and booking information in the weeks ahead, and look for updates at www.dvcmember.com as new details become available.​

Select Sundays in late October/early November? What are they considering 2 or 3 Sunday's and that is about it? Ridiculous!
And to host it at the Grand Floridian?!?! What does that resort have to do with DVC???

sheryl0521 said:
I'm sorry to say... this STINKS--->>>>

Toast in style
Member Clubhouse has learned that the Member event scheduled for this fall will invite Members to mix and mingle with their Disney neighbors through exclusive champagne brunches at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa during the Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival.

The brunches will take place on select Sundays in late October and early November.

Watch your e-mail inbox for an official announcement and booking information in the weeks ahead, and look for updates at www.dvcmember.com as new details become available.​

Not sure about the dates, but the GF does have some of the best chefs on property... And it's beautiful..... Hmm... can we start a new rumor??? DVC at GF!!! It lost a few stars maybe it needs the 'push' JUST KIDDING!! LOL!

Select Sundays in late October/early November? What are they considering 2 or 3 Sunday's and that is about it? Ridiculous!
And to host it at the Grand Floridian?!?! What does that resort have to do with DVC???

WHAT happened to my post LOL!

Anyway, I think that the GF is not a bad choice... I am not a huge fan for this resort, but it has the best chefs on property so we should get good food.

As for the dates, not a clue.. I figured it would be pretty limited so I am not real surprised....

Since we are some of those strange birds that usually do most of our DVC stays on weekends, and happen to have reservations during this time period, I'm hoping that we will be able to take advantage of this. Looks like fun!

Oh - I am so there if they have it on the 23rd!!!!!!

As for the location - well, what did PI or the International Gateway have to do with DVC? Seems to me like they are just picking spots around WDW - and I love it!

I like the member mixers (no matter what they name it each season), but I certainly wouldn't plan a trip around them. I'm also quite sure there will be none during our New Years trip, since the Merry mixers will probably be over, and I doubt there will be anything in January. I like the idea that they are once a week. It kind of gives everyone a chance. As to having it at the GF...Maybe that's a clue about the "surprise announcement"! ;)

I'm just happy to see DVC is offering some member events that don't cost an arm and/or leg to participate in. We would likely attend a member mixer if it fit into our vacation schedule.

Gee...we will be there in less than 4 weeks...sure would be nice to know WHEN exactly this event starts? I am like the rest of the gang....they give you just enough information...but no dates? What is up with that? and why does the information come out at the last minute...?

DVC needs to get their info together...inquiring minds want to know ;)
:scratchin:

E..

If there is one being planned during your stay, it will be announced in the newsletter you get upon check in. We have always considered that ample time to plan. If it is on a night, day or time we have something else planned...oh well. If not, we really like attending them. It's fun to meet other DVC owners, and the gifts are great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter