UPDATED: The start of a TR - slowly writing blog, new posts up

Your pictures of the parade are fabulous! And I'm shaking my head about Mistakes 1 and 2! After all this time on the Boards.....:sad2:

Did you end up redeeming any of the fastpasses? You wrote that you collected quite a few and I hope that you used them during the day :yay:

Oh, and I just had to add, ehsmum aren't the Mickey head pretzels the yummiest food on the planet :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

xxx

Oh yes, they were yummy but we did get sick of them after awhile!

Your pictures of the parade are fabulous! And I'm shaking my head about Mistakes 1 and 2! After all this time on the Boards.....:sad2:

Did you end up redeeming any of the fastpasses? You wrote that you collected quite a few and I hope that you used them during the day :yay:

Oh I know, I was kicking myself! After all the research and planning I should have known better. But I think I was just so tired that I was thinking straight :confused3

We did use all of our fastpasses that first day. I love fastpass! Best thing ever!

I am still loving reading the blog Ehsmum.

When I read about the DTD non reservation I was saying "White Water Snacks, go to White Water Snacks" :rotfl2:

It was just inside Grand Californian and being a CS there wouldn't have been any wait and the food isn't bad at all.

But you found Catel, we had a lovely meal there.

The parade looked so cute, I would love to have seen that.

Looking forward to the next day adventures.

Catal was lovely but I didn't really enjoy it because I was so stressed about the whole diabetes thing and being annoyed at myself for not making a reservation. I hadn't been to DTD before and I think in my head I was mixing it up with Anaheim Garden Walk. Oh well, it worked out in the end :).

Unfortunately we missed King Kong by a few weeks. The kids keep saying we have to go back to ride it though! :) The lake where Jaws used to jump up at the tram is empty. I think the guide said that they are refurbishing it so it might return, but that was the one thing I'd told the kids about and then it didn't happen!

Thanks for letting me know - you will most definitely have to go back if the reviews on King Kong are correct! When we went to Uni Studios last year, Jaws wasn't working and it was the one thing we were really keen to show our daughter - it was disappointing! Loved everything else except the Simpson's Ride! :goodvibes

I am really loving reading your trip report. The photos are wonderful. It is really making me wish I were there right now! can't wait to read some more

Hey lovinthe land,
We were booked into the HOJOs for on the last couple of days of our trip. We actually found that now disneyland has released a percentage of rooms sales it was not much more to stay at the disneyland hotel. If your interested have a look, we had a disney view room booked at HOJOS for 3 nights got it for around the $500 mark but now have a disney view room at the disneyland hotel for around $100 more. Food for thought anyway.

Another GREAT post and what lovely photos! You and the family must be really pleased with the photo memories you've gotten. You all look so happy and like you're have a fantastic time.

I had a slight "moment" when I saw Lotso in the parade. I can't believe that Disney are actually promoting Lotso....where is Stinky Pete??? It really doesn't seem fair, does it?

The "moment" I had was a recollection of my DS in May when he met Lotso. This was before the TS3 movie came out and the clever boy didn't know whether he should hug Lotso or punch him.....so he settled for a handshake!

That was a couple of days before Toy Story 3 was released so we hadn't seen it either so the kids didn't know much about Lotso. Sam fell in love with him and begged for a Lotso teddy bear which became one of many Disney characters that we brought home with us! After we saw the movie Lotso did lose his appeal a bit but he's a lovely teddy bear with a strawberry smell! Pity he's such a meanie!

I took so many photos it's ridiculous! I've had to edit and just choose the best ones for the blog as it takes so long to upload them that I couldn't use them all.

What great photos! For some reason, I really liked the photo of the plaque with the quote...

Thank you for all the compliments - we really did have such a fabulous time and I'm glad I captured so much of it on film.

Shushh - I love the plaque photo too, I think it captures some of the magic :)

ehsmum, I'm really envious of your early starts to the day and wonder how you manage them????

I only hope we can get going within hours of your morning time.

Our big problem is youngest DD (10). She is not a morning person to say the least and will actually vomit if rushed in the mornings, no joke!

Last year on our 3rd morning in Anaheim, we were on a bus on the way to Knott's Berry Farm and she turned to me and said "I don't feel well". She then vomitted for shall we say the next 5 km's.

Got to Knott's and she was good to go! but this continued every single morning of our trip.

At home when we wake her she then lays in her bed for ages, then gets out and needs to lie on the lounge for ages before taking ages to eat her weetbix. It seriously drives me nuts!!!!! But if you rush her, she will get sick. Weird I know, but I said to DH this morning we will need to wake her early each morning so she can lay there and take her time getting up. :confused3

I really hope we can make it to rope drop at least once. Maybe I should plan to go and the rest can meet me there seeing I'm the early bird :lmao:

Oh no, lovintheland, that sounds awful! My kids would have preferred to sleep in, but they were happy that I woke them up when they were riding Space Mountain at 8am.

The downside of our early mornings was that we missed out on the nighttime activities at the parks as we were too tired to go out at night. When the kids watch the dvds and see Spectro Magic and the fireworks they are sad that we missed it, but they did appreciate going on so many rides in the mornings.

I hope your DD isn't slowing you down too much and isn't vomitting!!

My apologies for the lack of posts but I've been really busy. I'll try to do as much as possible this week before we go away for the school holidays as I won't have my computer for 2 weeks.

Day 7 at DCA is up now :)

http://clare-usa2010.blogspot.com/2010/09/disneyland_18.html

WOW! How special to be Honorary Citizens! And what great timing :lmao:.

I loved the swinging cars at the ferris wheel....:rolleyes1

I'm also sitting here waiting for more....popcorn::

What a cool experience at DCA!

Bet you're wishing your trip was only 5 days long seeing that we're all hanging out for the day-by-day report! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter