UPDATED: The start of a TR - slowly writing blog, new posts up

I should clarify, I booked a tour for the Capitol visitor centre not the white house! They only do tours if your senator books it on your behalf. I contacted the Australian embassy there and they won't do it for Australian citizens as it is too much work, got to security checks etc. So no tours inside for us Australians unfortunately!

My heart couldn't help but melt when I read about your boys wishing on their stars. Its moments like that make it extra special for us as parents as well. The photo was a great capture. What a magical day! Waiting for more...

Would you stay at Radio City again? They have quoted me a good rate and I am seriously considering booking.

Love your latest installment with the CRT photos.

Excellent blog yet again. What a great photo of your family in front of the castle on your first day :)

Great pics of the character meals too.

Looking forward to the next installment.

I should clarify, I booked a tour for the Capitol visitor centre not the white house! They only do tours if your senator books it on your behalf. I contacted the Australian embassy there and they won't do it for Australian citizens as it is too much work, got to security checks etc. So no tours inside for us Australians unfortunately!

My heart couldn't help but melt when I read about your boys wishing on their stars. Its moments like that make it extra special for us as parents as well. The photo was a great capture. What a magical day! Waiting for more...

That makes more sense. I was pretty sure it was near impossible for Aussies to get a White House tour. Looking forward to hearing about the Capitol Building as we didn't make it there.

It really was a very magical moment at CRT. I had tears in my eyes watching them wishing so hard!

Would you stay at Radio City again? They have quoted me a good rate and I am seriously considering booking.

Love your latest installment with the CRT photos.

Yes I would definitely stay there again. The location is fantastic IMO and the rooms are bigger then a hotel room. I loved having a kitchen, even though it was pretty basic. We hadbreakfast in the room most days which was a big money saver. The hotel is older but it has been recently renovated. The lifts are small and slow but I really don't have any complaints. There is a laundry that guests can use after 8pm which seems to be rare for NYC. I highly recommend it :thumbsup2

Excellent blog yet again. What a great photo of your family in front of the castle on your first day :)

Great pics of the character meals too.

Looking forward to the next installment.

Thanks! Hopefully I'll get some time to post some more over the weekend :).

Yes I would definitely stay there again. The location is fantastic IMO and the rooms are bigger then a hotel room. I loved having a kitchen, even though it was pretty basic. We hadbreakfast in the room most days which was a big money saver. The hotel is older but it has been recently renovated. The lifts are small and slow but I really don't have any complaints. There is a laundry that guests can use after 8pm which seems to be rare for NYC. I highly recommend it :thumbsup2

Thanks for the recommendation. I did end up booking it the other day.

Your day at Epcot sounded like the perfect way to do it to me. I'm going to try and replicate it when we go :)

Your day at Epcot sounded like the perfect way to do it to me. I'm going to try and replicate it when we go :)

It was pretty relaxed but we knew we were going to go back another day. If we only had the one day we would have tried to squeeze more in.

The weather was quite mild which made it a perfect day for wandering around World Showcase. Our second day there was so hot it was really awful and we ended up abandoning and heading over to DHS instead.

If you're going to do Biergarten for lunch, I would recommend a later sitting. I booked 12pm as I thought it would be easier to get in earlier but the show doesn't start till 1.30pm so we wasted a bit of time waiting around for that. I think 1-1.15pm would be a good ADR time.

All caught up. Great blogs at the World! Sounds like you all had a great time....albeit with potential and real up-chucks.

Great 3 days! Your family just keep shining and starring every where they go! It would have been a thrill to be a talking head on the Nascar boards!

Thanks for sharing!

It was a shame that I didn't get to see him on the big screen, but there's no way that I could have spent a day at the NASCAR races :scared1:. I went to Bathurst once and that was enough for me. Luckily we've since had sons who share DH's passion for cars, so I'm off the hook :thumbsup2

DH was with him when he was being interviewed so he didn't get to see or video him on the screen either :(. Oh well, at least they both have a nice memory of it!

We did a day trip to Daytona, thankfully not on a race day. The tour of the track was quite interesting, but the rest of it was so boring. If It wasn't for the kids, I would have walked up the street and gone shopping and left DH there.

We also skipped our Tusker House breakfast. I really wish we had gone, so it is on my list for next year.

Jumping back a couple of days here, but how did your kids find the food at Biergarten? I can't do my ADR's until March, but I am already working on it.

I was sorry to miss Tusker House too, but we were paying out of pocket for all of our meals and the sit down character meals were costing us $150 each. Rainforest Cafe the night before was a last minute decision which we hadn't budgeted for, so we forego Tusker House for that instead. We'll definitely do TH next time though :).

The Biergarten food was buffet and they had a pretty good selection. I can't really remember what we ate. I do know there was lots of meat and potatoes and salads. My 6 year old is the fussy eater but I can't remember what he ate there (probably just bread :confused3 ).

Another post:

http://clare-usa2010.blogspot.com/2010/11/orlando-day-7.html

Looks like you all enjoyed DTD.

Your daughter looks BEAUTIFUL!!! Such a gorgeous princess.

I agree, your daughter did look beautiful.

Funny enough, we skipped Tusker House for the same reason. DS, who was 3, is not a big eater and very fussy. We had breakfast at Chef Mickey and Akershus, and both times all he had was a drink. That was one very expensive drink. Even when we go to Sizzler all he eats is bread rolls and ice cream.

Looks like you all enjoyed DTD.

Your daughter looks BEAUTIFUL!!! Such a gorgeous princess.

Thank you :). The lead up to and the competition were so full on and stressful that we all just needed a no-fuss, relaxing afternoon and evening. We didn't have the energy for a park so DTD was perfect!

I agree, your daughter did look beautiful.

Funny enough, we skipped Tusker House for the same reason. DS, who was 3, is not a big eater and very fussy. We had breakfast at Chef Mickey and Akershus, and both times all he had was a drink. That was one very expensive drink. Even when we go to Sizzler all he eats is bread rolls and ice cream.

And thank you too :). The meal I was most annoyed about was The Crystal Palace. He ate 3 grapes and a bowl of icecream there for $20 :rolleyes:. The buffets just weren't worth it for us. My DD was 10 so had to pay the adult price but neither of us could eat $35-$40 worth of food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter