Upgrade air miles cdn res tix

Juventus

DIS Veteran
I have read the forum's but want to be absolutely clear:

When I get a 7Day can res ticket from airmiles do they immediately appear in MDE and act just as if I just purchased and paid for them from the Disney website?

I want to know about upgrading: I have bought can res tix from Disney and recently upgraded them (I bought them in November and upgraded them a few days back: the can res offer is still good from Disney until the beginning of Feb so I did not lose value on this).

So would the above have been possible with the airmiles can res tickets? I keep reading I may have to wait until I get there in person, and by then Disney will not have the can res discount and I would lose value when upgrading.

Thanks!

You do not actually get a "ticket" from Airmiles. What you get is a voucher (via courier or mail) which you enter into your MDE. This will allow you to make fastpasses at 30 or 60 days. When you arrive at Disney you will need to go to Guest Services and have them verify that you are indeed a Canadian resident and then they will convert that voucher into tickets used for park entry. (just an extra step or two vs having purchased direct from Disney)

The only way you can upgrade "Airmiles" Canadian Resident discount tickets is at Guest services. Generally you will lose the value of the discount. Some have reported getting some pixie dust and have been able to upgrade without losing the discount. Most people have not been so lucky.

We tried to upgrade our Air Miles Canadian Special ticket to a parkhopper at Guest Services and we could upgrade but we would completely lose the discount. It was going to cost me over $200 to add the parkhopper. They told me that there is no Canadian Special in their system since you cannot purchase the deal in person.

Thanks. But I have upgraded Canadian res tix this year I bought from Disney in November for my march trip: so long as you do so before the Disney offer expires (for instance this year I think it's Feb. 6th) you lose no value because you are upgrading from and to the can res price.

If I was to wait until March then I would lose the value because there are no longer can res tickets to upgrade to.

But from what you are saying is the airmiles tickets differ in that once bought, they cannot be upgraded over the phone even if the can res offer is still available through Disney.

I'm curious about airmiles.I've had it for years and still don't know how it works.i have cash miles and dream miles;what's the difference?Also,i tried to find the disney tickets i keep reading about but can't find any.I don't use it often,the card, but I've had it for years.Any help appreciated.

You need to set your account to some amount of Cash and/or Dream. You can go 100% Cash or !00% Dream. The choice is yours. Cash miles can be used to reduce the out of pocket cash you need for groceries etc. (depends on partner participation) Dream miles you can use for flights, hotels, car rentals, merchandise, park tickets, ski lift tickets etc.

To find the Disney tickets on airmiles. Log into your account, go to "Rewards" then "Events and Attractions" then "Fun and Attractions USA". All your purchasing options are there. Make sure you read the T&C because the tickets can't be returned.

If you follow the Airmiles thread (here) you will learn lots of great ways to change up your shopping habits and earn lots of AM (if you're interested). At the very least read the first page of posts where @Donald - my hero has done a fabulous job outlining how to earn lots of miles etc.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter