Upgrade hopper to AP on blackout day?

goofyfordisney

DIS Veteran
Sorry if this has been asked before... (I did a search but couldn't find anything! :confused3 )

We plan on being at DL/DCA for 6 days. I don't want to purchase AP's at the beginning of our trip because we will have a "blackout day" on our 3rd day. We will probably be buying 3 day park hoppers from AAA (in order to get free parking) and then upgrading to AP's on our last day of the park hopper which will be on a blackout day.

Will we be able to park hop after we upgrade to the AP on that blackout day?

Thanks in advance!

I don't think so, you should wait until the end of the day to upgrade.

Yes, I'm pretty sure you can. I know for a fact you can use (either bought that day or a previous day) an AP voucher on a blackout day and get in, get your AP activated and be able to hop. I don't see why this would be any different than upgrading from a hopper.

What I have heard, no experience, that you can upgrade on a block out day. I think they give you a different pass to be able to park hop and reenter using that AP on that block out day.

You can always use an AP the day you buy it, even if it is a black out day. I don't see why an upgrade would be treated differently.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter