Upgrade question DVC

shelly3girls

DIS Veteran
Is it possible to pay cash to upgrade once at the port if we paid for the cruise using DVC points? We did pay cash for our children.

It can be done if there is availability. I know TnRobin (one of the moderators of this cruise board) upgraded for cash on one of her cruises that was paid with points. It seems that she said the price was the same as it would have been to upgrade between the 2 categories in cash before the cruise but of course with DVC you cannot do it ahead of time.

Good luck & Happy Cruising,

Yes, we were able to upgrade at the port. I was told to check in and then go to a different desk to ask about availability. Once at the second desk, the lady had no idea how I had paid for my cruise. The price to upgrade was the same as if I had paid cash for the cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter