• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Upgraded Magic Bands

I just tried with my bf account right now, but he gets the same error I've been getting.
I don’t understand how Disney could roll out such a buggy process - I’m in IT - heads would roll if we ever let software this bad go out to the public! So sorry you are still having problems.

Has anyone else ordered magic bands recently? I keep getting the error message.
Yes. On December 27th, the same day I did my ADRs. We got them on Monday. DD and I got the castle and DH got the Riviera Mickey. No issues.

I don’t understand how Disney could roll out such a buggy process
Same here! I'm also a dev and there's no way this would fly in my company - which is muuuch smaller and insignificant than Disney. Anyway, here we are. 100 days till vacay time and about to settle with the grey Magic band.

For anyone who has booked recently, is it me, or have they not updated the bands in a while? I've been looking for the past month and they have had the same 16 (mostly just the colors) the whole time.

For anyone who has booked recently, is it me, or have they not updated the bands in a while? I've been looking for the past month and they have had the same 16 (mostly just the colors) the whole time.
Yes, such a crap selection. I just checked and there are only 5 purchase bands total. Does anyone know when they normally restock? I'll be fine with a free band, but my son would like a character one.

Yes, such a crap selection. I just checked and there are only 5 purchase bands total. Does anyone know when they normally restock? I'll be fine with a free band, but my son would like a character one.
I’ve been stalking the site every day since beginning of January, sometimes multiple times a day, lol. There was one day early January when there must have been at least 15-20 premium bands but then they all disappeared, I think it was the day the free dining offer started. Hope they replenish them soon, I might have to just order the free ones instead, tho the kids will be disappointed.

I’ve been stalking the site every day since beginning of January, sometimes multiple times a day, lol. There was one day early January when there must have been at least 15-20 premium bands but then they all disappeared, I think it was the day the free dining offer started. Hope they replenish them soon, I might have to just order the free ones instead, tho the kids will be disappointed.
You are right! I booked my trip that day, and went to check out the bands and there was plenty to choose from. I should have just picked out the bands then! I still have 5 months, though haha!

I've been doing the same thing. My kids were really excited to get upgraded bands, but they've had 2 or 3 besides the free ones and they don't love any of them. I don't go till May so hopefully they will restock soon.

I have been checking several times/day the last few weeks and only see 15-16 options (includes the plain colors).Wanted to surprise my 2 DGDs with premium ones but am about ready to just order magic band "skins".
would love the new mint green one for myself but of course that and the dark gray are not available for free with resort stay either.

I have been checking several times/day the last few weeks and only see 15-16 options (includes the plain colors).Wanted to surprise my 2 DGDs with premium ones but am about ready to just order magic band "skins".
would love the new mint green one for myself but of course that and the dark gray are not available for free with resort stay either.

None of the 'new' solid colour bands (black, navy, forest green, turquoise, etc) have ever shown up since they released this programme...I've been checking! :(

I found one in the wee hours of the morning the other day that I had not seen before - it's a light blue/turquoise with small darker castles. It looked pretty and I was tired of seeing the others only, so I jumped on it. Fingers crossed it actually comes and I don't get the plain grey because I haven't seen it anywhere else including DisneyStore.com.

None of the 'new' solid colour bands (black, navy, forest green, turquoise, etc) have ever shown up since they released this programme...I've been checking! :(
hey, throw us a bone Disney, if you won't let us pay money for the premium bands, let us get the new solid color ones!
checked last night and again this morning, total of 13 choices.
realized that we have a split stay (same resort) so get to order 5 bands twice for my family as we have 2 rooms.

I've been checking for the mint green and other solid colors too... I'm running out of time...c'mon Disney! 🙏🤞

Are people still having issues ordering? I've checked the options available over the last couple days (mostly the same ones available but occasionally something new pops up.) I haven't yet tried to complete the order as I'm waiting to see what else comes up - we're not going until August so we have lots of time. However, I'm wondering if there are still ordering errors?

Also, does anyone know if they'll offer the discounted premium bands going forward? Or is it a limited time thing? Don't want to lose out on that option while waiting for something we really like...

Are people still having issues ordering? I've checked the options available over the last couple days (mostly the same ones available but occasionally something new pops up.) I haven't yet tried to complete the order as I'm waiting to see what else comes up - we're not going until August so we have lots of time. However, I'm wondering if there are still ordering errors?

Also, does anyone know if they'll offer the discounted premium bands going forward? Or is it a limited time thing? Don't want to lose out on that option while waiting for something we really like...
have been checking the last 4 weeks. at first only 13 choices including the free plain ones. last 2 weeks most days 15-18, Was able to order 2 premium ones for my DGDs. order went through fine (MDE showed that band next to the person). order was delivered 10 days later; adults just went with free ones. We have a split stay and it seems you can't decline the 2nd set of bands so I check every day looking for something for me.

Glad to hear the errors are (hopefully) gone! It would be really nice if they increased the selection, but I'm also considering the skins to get more choices. Just not sure if they work well enough to last a full trip...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter