Upgraded to Empire State Room

toinfinityandbeyond1

Earning My Ears
Hi All

We are back from a magical 4 days at Disney. This was our 4th trip in as many years. We have previously stayed at Disney hotel (really not worth the money), New York (Empire SR) and Newport Bay. I must say that the New York wins hands down! Last yr at NPB we were all bitten from the bed :sad2: and when we realised what it was we only had 1 more night left but they did move us to a brand new furnished room with beautiful views and son was given a Mickey.

So this year I called them the week before and asked if we could have a nice room and explained what had happened last yr. When we went to check in we had been given an upgrade to Empire State which I can say really makes the holiday. Having a very quiet character breakfast at any time (7am - 11am) makes all the difference and having drinks available all day and night is fab. :yay: There was also a 'stitch' waiting on the bed for my son and every night the bed was turned down with chocolate coins on. My son truly believed Buzz had been in to leave them for him.

The 4 days were mainly dry and cold, but when wrapped up warm it's fine!

My son is 5 but is very tall (approx 125cm) and rode Areosmith for the 1st time....in fact he loved it so much we did it a few times. He has no fear. I did everything with him except tower of terror which is grandad took him on (he's in his 70's and did everything in the parks) :lmao:

The park was really busy on Sunday - we always find this but then quietened down for the rest of the days. Only problem we encountered other than the french not knowing how to queue orderly was we got stuck on thunder mountain mid ride for 45 mins :confused3

We ate at
Planet Hollywood - which was very good and the food lovely
Cafe Mickey - we always visit this restaurant and we weren't dissappointed. The table next to us gave us their birthday cake - which was nice.
Walts - Well I have always wanted to visit Walts but as it's in the park and not open at night we never have until this year. We had a late lunch/early dinner on the last day so we had eaten before catching the eurostar and it was AMAZING :cheer2:
The food is out of this world and we all throughly enjoyed it. Although expensive it was lovely. It was nice to have a proper dinner aswell! :lmao:

I hope that anyone travelling this year has a lovely time :banana:

The biggest highs were meeting Buzz, doing Toystory land and my son riding Aerosmith !!! :dance3:

Awww sounds like you have a fab time :yay: and I love that your son genuinely believed that Buzz put the coins down! That is soooo magical! This week my son has been telling everyone that we are going to be staying at Woodys house and he has got cereal! Because I showed him a picture of Cheyenne and it had a photo of woody on it! I then told him we would have breakfast there, so thats where the idea of wood having cereal has come from :rotfl:

What a great trip and nice to get upgraded :thumbsup2

What a brave son you have.My son was 6 when he first rode RNRC and he loved it so much he did it another 7 times that day :)

Nice to hear Planet Hollywood was good as it is in my plan for my next trip

Sounds like you had a magical time! Delighted to hear that Disney staff recognised your issue from last year and gave you the upgrade in the HNY :thumbsup2 - isn't the empire state club brilliant - we stayed there last year as I was travelling alone with my youngest daughter and were so impressed. I really liked the feel of the whole hotel so have decided to go back to HNY again this year but just a standard room as we are all going and we are 4 adults now (youngest turns 12 before we go! :hippie: ).

Your son must have pretty good nerves! aerosmith and tower of terror :scared1: Would not like to be stuck on any ride for 45 mins - I hope it wasn't the dark scary bit!

Hope you have some photos for us all to see!

sounds great! We were upgraded to the Empire suite benefits on Nov. It was Fab. And seeing the firworks from out lake view room in our PJs priceless!

Sounds like a great trip!! :goodvibes Great news about the upgrade :thumbsup2 Wow, your DS is tall! My DD will be tall enough for BTM on our next trip - but I hope we don't get stuck ion it for 45 mins... :scared1:

I love Walts too - really hope it's open on our next trip as I really want DH to try it :cloud9:

sounds like a great trip - fab to have an upgrade (some day i hope!!! can only dream with our budget at the min!!)

aaah thats so sweet about Buzz leaving the coins!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter