Upgrading ticket to DVC annual pass ?

Tine731

DIS Veteran
Can you upgrade a MYW ticket w/park hopper and water park options to a DVC annual pass? I have ordered a 10 day ticket to pick up at will call on Monday and relized that it would make more sense for me to get an AP. What are my options?

You can get credit for the price paid on they MYW ticket toward the purchase of an annual pass. But the ticket must be unused or you get no credit.

So unused it the key? I can claim it at guest services and ask that it be upgraded to an AP right then? correct?

Anyone know if you can upgrade the tickets you can get from a timeshare tour to an AP pass with the DVC discount?

Thanks

the current ticket that you have does not have to be unused. MS will fix it from the amount of days purchased.

Anyone know if you can upgrade the tickets you can get from a timeshare tour to an AP pass with the DVC discount?

Thanks
Depends on the ticket - no way to know for sure until you take it to Guest Services.

the current ticket that you have does not have to be unused. MS will fix it from the amount of days purchased.

That used to be true, but it isn't anymore.

If you want to upgrade a partially used ticket, you must do it within 14 days of the first use. The AP or PAP will be backdated to the first use of the original ticket.

After 14 days, a partially used ticket cannot be turned in for credit towards the purchase of a new ticket or an AP/PAP. Since MYW tickets are very heavily front end loaded, this policy is in the best interest of the guest - on a 10 day ticket the last few days can be worth as little as $9 or $10 each. Much better to just keep the remaining days for use on a future trip.

You have to be careful here...

current policy taken in part from allears
http://www.allearsnet.com/pl/ticket.htm#credpass

Can I upgrade my ___ (fill in the blank with a ticket name) ticket to a longer ticket or an Annual Pass?"

Yes you can as long as it is a Magic Your Way ticket and you do the upgrade within 14 days of first use or a completely unused older ticket.

If you have any partially used Disney World admission tickets that were purchased prior to the January 2005 introduction of the Magic Your Way tickets, the only thing that you can do with them now is use up the remaining admissions at the parks. Those tickets can no longer be used for upgrading or for applying their dollar value towards new ones.

If you are upgrading a pre-2005 ticket that is completely unused, it must be done at Guest Relations Resorts cannot do any upgrades that involve Annual, Premium Annual or Seasonal Passes.

Disney has been quietly changing the way they handle ticket changes during 2006. The most noticeable changes are a move away from giving dollar credit on previously used tickets and the guidelines as to how upgrades are handled.

Disney allows you to UPGRADE most park tickets to a longer Magic Your Way ticket, an Annual Pass (AP), a Premium Annual Pass (PAP) or a Season Pass for Florida Residents (SP) within the first 14 days for MYW tickets that do not have the no expiration option on them. They will take the entire price of the ticket you started using and deduct it from the cost of the new ticket.

Disney will not allow you to upgrade certain promotional tickets not available to the general public or any partially used ticket purchased prior to the January 2005 introduction of Magic Your Way tickets.

You can upgrade your MYW ticket to an AP/PAP/SP. You will receive full purchase price on the original ticket and you will pay only the difference in price to the AP/PAP/SP. The starting date of an AP/PAP will be back dated to the date you first used any admission off the old ticket. This transaction must be done within 14 days of first use if the ticket is an expiring one.

You have to be careful here...

current policy taken in part from allears
http://www.allearsnet.com/pl/ticket.htm#credpass

Can I upgrade my ___ (fill in the blank with a ticket name) ticket to a longer ticket or an Annual Pass?"

Yes you can as long as it is a Magic Your Way ticket and you do the upgrade within 14 days of first use or a completely unused older ticket.

If you have any partially used Disney World admission tickets that were purchased prior to the January 2005 introduction of the Magic Your Way tickets, the only thing that you can do with them now is use up the remaining admissions at the parks. Those tickets can no longer be used for upgrading or for applying their dollar value towards new ones.

If you are upgrading a pre-2005 ticket that is completely unused, it must be done at Guest Relations Resorts cannot do any upgrades that involve Annual, Premium Annual or Seasonal Passes.

Disney has been quietly changing the way they handle ticket changes during 2006. The most noticeable changes are a move away from giving dollar credit on previously used tickets and the guidelines as to how upgrades are handled.

Disney allows you to UPGRADE most park tickets to a longer Magic Your Way ticket, an Annual Pass (AP), a Premium Annual Pass (PAP) or a Season Pass for Florida Residents (SP) within the first 14 days for MYW tickets that do not have the no expiration option on them. They will take the entire price of the ticket you started using and deduct it from the cost of the new ticket.

Disney will not allow you to upgrade certain promotional tickets not available to the general public or any partially used ticket purchased prior to the January 2005 introduction of Magic Your Way tickets.

You can upgrade your MYW ticket to an AP/PAP/SP. You will receive full purchase price on the original ticket and you will pay only the difference in price to the AP/PAP/SP. The starting date of an AP/PAP will be back dated to the date you first used any admission off the old ticket. This transaction must be done within 14 days of first use if the ticket is an expiring one.

I just confirmed while I was at the world. I wanted to upgrade my tickets...but was past the 14 day window.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter