Uplifting COVID News

Status
Not open for further replies.
So not trying to bring this back up truly but I saw the update from the CDC and because you mentioned protests and thought to give one final update since the PP had just mentioned Fauci's comment.

This is CDC's updated guidance

• "Everyone should keep wearing masks at crowded outdoor events such as concerts or sporting events" and
  • "fully vaccinated Americans don't need to wear masks outdoors anymore unless they are in a big crowd of strangers"

Looks like the recommendation would still be if you're going to go to a large enough protest around strangers, vaccinated or not, wear your masks and if you're going to concerts or sporting events do so as well, vaccinated or not.

Whew okay back to lighter news!
That’s a bummer. I was hoping this would push Disney’s hand a little on outdoor masks. Oh well.

That’s a bummer. I was hoping this would push Disney’s hand a little on outdoor masks. Oh well.
Yeah I know that the hope..we'll get there though where it won't be needed outdoors again for the situations mentioned eventually :)

It's a bit hard to tell what Disney will do because they aren't likely looking at what other theme or amusement park companies are doing for when they should remove theirs at this exact moment. Maybe if Universal did away with theirs..but then I could easily see it going more the PR route of keeping it just to say they are a safer destination. Who knows.

I'm expecting masks to still be the thing when our local amusement park opens up on May 22nd but I'm not sure if it will be a local decision or a Cedar Fair Entertainment policy and I assume the zoo, which has been open for quite a while now, will maintain their masks.

Here's the full CDC guidance from today. I actually find it incredibly uplifting. They're saying masks for fully vaccinated people in crowds, yes. But not at small outdoor gatherings regardless of everyone else's vaccination status, and not when dining outdoors with people from multiple households. And even more importantly, they're now saying that with masks, fully vaccinated people can do all sorts of INDOOR things safely (sing in an indoor choir, attend full capacity worship services, go to the movies). And for the fully vaxxed, those things are now mask ONLY, not mask plus social distancing). I'm really encouraged by the update.
Choosing Safer Activities | CDC

Yeah I know that the hope..we'll get there though where it won't be needed outdoors again for the situations mentioned eventually :)

It's a bit hard to tell what Disney will do because they aren't likely looking at what other theme or amusement park companies are doing for when they should remove theirs at this exact moment. Maybe if Universal did away with theirs..but then I could easily see it going more the PR route of keeping it just to say they are a safer destination. Who knows.

I'm expecting masks to still be the thing when our local amusement park opens up on May 22nd but I'm not sure if it will be a local decision or a Cedar Fair Entertainment policy and I assume the zoo, which has been open for quite a while now, will maintain their masks.
Cedar point and kings island (ohio) announced yesterday that masks outside are not required if you can stay away from others. Kings dominion (VA) is keeping masks required. All three of those have done away with temperature checks. Seems like even within the cedar fair company the rules are going to vary by location.

Cedar point and kings island (ohio) announced yesterday that masks outside are not required if you can stay away from others. Kings dominion (VA) is keeping masks required. All three of those have done away with temperature checks. Seems like even within the cedar fair company the rules are going to vary by location.
Oh gosh, I missed your post on that, my bad! Yes then it would appear to be different rules. It can totally make sense from a different locale part (as in different mandates in different areas) but I also know many companies just doing blanket rules. We're in a metro of over 2 million people across 2 states so part of it is not just looking at it from a city, or county viewpoint (as far as vaccinations) but also our metro as a whole since observing state lines is highly impractical here. Guess we'll find out here really soon if some of the places in my area (zoo, arboretum, amusement park, etc) that are outdoors-y relax the mask rules or maintain them.

Here's the full CDC guidance from today. I actually find it incredibly uplifting. They're saying masks for fully vaccinated people in crowds, yes. But not at small outdoor gatherings regardless of everyone else's vaccination status, and not when dining outdoors with people from multiple households. And even more importantly, they're now saying that with masks, fully vaccinated people can do all sorts of INDOOR things safely (sing in an indoor choir, attend full capacity worship services, go to the movies). And for the fully vaxxed, those things are now mask ONLY, not mask plus social distancing). I'm really encouraged by the update.
Choosing Safer Activities | CDC
I know the choir thing was a big thing for some people and having in-person religious activities so that's nice.

Mayor of Orange County, Fl is supposed to have a press conference to announce an update to Mask policy today (Wednesday). I am sure Disney Executives will be paying close attention.

I'm not sure what Disney will do. I wouldn't be surprised if they kept the mask policy due to the fact that so many people come to Disney from all over. Also the fact that a large majority of guests won't be vaccinated due to age. It will be interesting to see what happens.

I no longer have school age kids, but I believe the Maryland Dept. of Education just passed a resolution that school would return to 5 in person days in the fall. I'm sure upon hearing that news there were some very happy parents!
I've also noticed that the kids sports teams are having practice & games in the local park I pass by on my way home.

Updated Orange County Fl Mask mandates:
The first phase, which is effective immediately, calls for a change in social distancing from 6 feet to 3 feet in all settings.
During phase one, all fully vaccinated individuals should follow CDC guidelines for wearing facial coverings.
Fully vaccinated people can visit with other fully vaccinated people indoors, without wearing masks or physical distancing. They can visit with unvaccinated people, including children from a single household who are at low risk for severe COVID-19 disease indoors without wearing masks or physical distancing.
Phase two will kick in when 50% of the population 16 and older has received their first dose of the vaccine. Facial covering mask mandates for outdoors will be lifted for everyone at that time.
Demings said the county could reach the 50% threshold in the next three weeks.
Phase three becomes effective when 70% of the population 16 and older has received their first dose of the vaccine or Orange County’s 14-day rolling positivity rate is 5% or below.
In that instance, under phase three, all mandates would be lifted.
As of Tuesday, the 14-day rolling positivity rate was 8%. The number of Orange County residents 16 and older who have had one dose of the vaccine is 43.4%.

I no longer have school age kids, but I believe the Maryland Dept. of Education just passed a resolution that school would return to 5 in person days in the fall. I'm sure upon hearing that news there were some very happy parents!
I've also noticed that the kids sports teams are having practice & games in the local park I pass by on my way home.
In my state (KS) a law was passed that all schools had to offer in-person learning (though not require) by March 31st. The measure failed to pass for perpetuity and so is presently for this school year but I'm not so sure that is really an issue meaning I don't know how much the appetite is to remove the in-person learning. It for the most part only affected a handful of schools that were going to transition to in-person after that date and for the most part only affected middle and/or high school students as a lot of schools had elementary in-person already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter