Urgent Info HRH Reservations Problem

gordon24

Earning My Ears
I called three weeks ago to inquire about the possibility of cancelling our reservation for Thanksgiving week at IOA and was told that we would have until October 11 to make a final decision and not lose our full deposits of $50.00 per person(there are five other families in our party) and two other families were given the same information.

After hearing about all of the cutbacks, and because of concerns about being in Universal on Thanksgiving with everything going on, we decided it was not worth going at this time so we called to cancel and go later in the Spring...you guessed it, they refused to honor what they had told us earlier and took our deposits.

Whatever you do, do not listen to what the reservation agents tell you when you call. Make sure that you get it in writing via fax, because these are obvioulsy not honorable people. When we do take our trip it will be to Disney once again, and not to Universal...all 23 of us!! Obviously it is not just their staff that they are treating poorly with all of the cutbacks!

You must have booked a package as they have similar penalties as WDW Travel. If you booked room only it is 5 day cancellation. I don't know why people book this kind of package when it is so much cheaper to get room and passes separately. You were the one to choose this so you can't blame them for the penalties.

Yes, we did book a package and we knew what the policies were, which is why we called and asked them about it. When we thought we might cancel due to the terrorist threats and due to the cutbacks at Universal we specifically asked when we had to make a decision by and they told us we had to call by October 11, 2001 to cancel and get the deposit back. It is not my fault that they are possibly intentionally giving out the wrong information and then swindlling people out of their deposits.

With their disregard for their customers by cutting hours and attractions and not even keeping restaurants open, these actions should not surprise me I guess. In any case I do feel better that I have cancelled at this point no matter what the cost. I don't think I would want to be there over Thanksgiving especially after the new outbreaks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter