US/IOA or Disney

RockingRick

Earning My Ears
In July 2001, we visited Orlando for 2 weeks and spent most of our time at US/IOA. We had a brilliant time and have booked to visit Florida again this July 2002, 1 week Orlando, 1 week Gulf Coast. My 2 boys are hoping to return to US/IOA but I would like them to experience other theme parks (i.e. Disney) My questions are:
1. Are the Disney Parks comparable with US/IOA for 2 boys aged 15 and 11 years?
2. If so, which are the most appropriate to visit in our short stay and When?
3. Last time we purchased Park tickets prior to the holiday in the UK from our agent. Are there any benefits in shopping around for tickets in Orlando and if so, where?

Thank you

Disney World,Does have great rides,but they are differant than US/IOA. While there are coasters,and drop rides and simulator rides. They are Different than the Hulk or Fire and Ice or Spiderman.
I suggest you get a Walt Disney World Guide Book.

This is a partial list of the ones I remember!!
MK- has these big rides, Space Mountain,a dark indoor roller coaster[too scarey for this Mom.] There is Big Thunder Mountain,themed as a runaway mine car. Splash Mountain is a log water ride themed with Ber Rabbet,then there is Alien Encountera really spooky ride,and the best is Carribean Pirates.

MGM- has 2 of the newest rides Tower of Torror and Rockin-Roller Coaster,Star Tour[Star Wars ride] is here,also.

Epcot- has Test Track,Body wars[like Star Wars but different Story,and Cranimum Command, and Ellen's Energy Ride[this is so fantastic even in the way it moves you,it's a not to be missed!!]Then there are the 2 innovation Buildings, And then at the Back is World Showcase about 10 counrties showcase their culture and food, and famous sites.

Ak-Has the Safria Ride,Dinosaur,and It's A Bugs Life. Tarzan is a rock Show not to be missed!!

Wow thats all I can remember, we were there for 10 Days and never saw it all!!!

My own teenage daughter actually prefers US/IoA, although MGM is quite a favourite too. The rides at USF are really much more for older kids and coaster fanatics, IMHO. However I could n't go to Florida and not do Disney really....just personal choice I guess!:)

BTW most of us Brits can be found on the UKDIS boards, come and visit!:)

...... this is a tough question! I know some people who have taken older children and they just haven't enjoyed the WDW parks as much - the parents comments were: They just don't get the Disney thing". I would certainly agree that they should enjoy MGM Studios - Tower Of Terror, Rock'nRoller coaster and then Who Wants To Be A Millionaire-Play It! (great fun), plus the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular, and I dion't care what age you are the Muppets is a lot of fun!! plus many other attractions.
Do join us on the UK DIS boards Rick - go to www.wdwinfo.co.uk/boards and you just need to register there. You'll got lots of replies there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter