US to lift travel ban for foreign air travellers who show proof of vaccination

I don't think they care. I think this is all just to deter people from travelling.
I disagree. While definitely not perfect, the testing requirements do prevent people who have Covid from traveling. I don’t think there’s any data as to how effective it is, but I think it’s preventing at least some people from boarding a plane while sick.
We just travelled, and the different testing requirements definitely helped me feel more comfortable with it.

I'm happy to see our international friends will be returning soon. That said, I'm onto you Canadians. I know you don't really eat poutine, you're tricking us into adopting it to further fatten us up for the inevitable invasion, I'm not falling for it no matter how many places I see it pop up in America. Fortunately for you I would be pretty worthless in a war and am well on my way to fat anyway, I can say no to poutine but not beer.

I disagree. While definitely not perfect, the testing requirements do prevent people who have Covid from traveling. I don’t think there’s any data as to how effective it is, but I think it’s preventing at least some people from boarding a plane while sick.
We just travelled, and the different testing requirements definitely helped me feel more comfortable with it.

I agree that they prevent some people who have covid from travelling, but only those who tested positive 3 days before travelling and not those who would have tested 2 days or 1 day or the day of. We have friends who tested negative on their three day test in the US but tested positive the day they returned. They definitely were travelling on the plane while they had covid.

I'm happy to see our international friends will be returning soon. That said, I'm onto you Canadians. I know you don't really eat poutine, you're tricking us into adopting it to further fatten us up for the inevitable invasion, I'm not falling for it no matter how many places I see it pop up in America. Fortunately for you I would be pretty worthless in a war and am well on my way to fat anyway, I can say no to poutine but not beer.

Now before you flat out refuse the deliciousness that is a REAL poutine are you even aware of what that is :P You gotta have the right potatoes to start with, thick cut with the skin on, double fried is the best to give you a nice crispy exterior while still having a fluffy interior. The gravy must be HOT, like not just warm to the touch but hot enough to melt the proper type of cheese. Cheese -- awe yes, gotta be old squeaky white cheddar CURDS, not shredded crap, it has to squeak under your teeth and melt so much that you can't truly get a proper forkful into your mouth without it hanging down off your chin! The best will come from the back of a chip wagon!!

Last trip I thought i would at least look at the poutine place in Disney Springs and must admit i couldn't even make myself order that it was just so much wrong on a cardboard plate. I love love LOVE me some poutine but new food allergies have cropped up that make it impossible for me to have any and just thinking about it makes me cry :P

I agree that they prevent some people who have covid from travelling, but only those who tested positive 3 days before travelling and not those who would have tested 2 days or 1 day or the day of. We have friends who tested negative on their three day test in the US but tested positive the day they returned. They definitely were travelling on the plane while they had covid.
Oh, I 100% agree with you that the system is far from perfect. I guess I'm just not sure how they could realistically make it better.

Now before you flat out refuse the deliciousness that is a REAL poutine are you even aware of what that is :P You gotta have the right potatoes to start with, thick cut with the skin on, double fried is the best to give you a nice crispy exterior while still having a fluffy interior. The gravy must be HOT, like not just warm to the touch but hot enough to melt the proper type of cheese. Cheese -- awe yes, gotta be old squeaky white cheddar CURDS, not shredded crap, it has to squeak under your teeth and melt so much that you can't truly get a proper forkful into your mouth without it hanging down off your chin! The best will come from the back of a chip wagon!!

Last trip I thought i would at least look at the poutine place in Disney Springs and must admit i couldn't even make myself order that it was just so much wrong on a cardboard plate. I love love LOVE me some poutine but new food allergies have cropped up that make it impossible for me to have any and just thinking about it makes me cry :P
I've seen photos of the "poutine" they sell at Disney, and I can guarantee you that I'm not wasting precious vacation calories on it!

Except now I really want a poutine for lunch....

It appears one study using real world data has been done, by Delta Airlines, with results out just this month. There are some press articles about it if you are interested. Links to some of them: https://www.airlineratings.com/news...hows-testing-effectively-deters-covid-spread/ https://www.washingtonpost.com/travel/2021/09/17/covid-spread-on-planes-testing-study/ https://www.travelpulse.com/news/ai...testing-before-flights-helps-stop-spread.html The study relates to testing prior to plane travel: quote from the last of the linked articles: "A new study found the risk of exposure to COVID-19 while traveling drops to less than 0.1 percent when all travelers test negative 72 hours before their flight. According to data from Delta Air Lines and the Mayo Clinic Proceedings, performing a single COVID-19 molecular test within 72 hours of departure could decrease the rate of people actively infected onboard to a level significantly lower than active community infection rates." They also have some info about the false positive and negative rates they discovered.

I am guessing that with real world data like this available, we can probably expect testing requirements to continue for some time.

SW

It appears one study using real world data has been done, by Delta Airlines, with results out just this month. There are some press articles about it if you are interested. Links to some of them: https://www.airlineratings.com/news...hows-testing-effectively-deters-covid-spread/ https://www.washingtonpost.com/travel/2021/09/17/covid-spread-on-planes-testing-study/ https://www.travelpulse.com/news/ai...testing-before-flights-helps-stop-spread.html The study relates to testing prior to plane travel: quote from the last of the linked articles: "A new study found the risk of exposure to COVID-19 while traveling drops to less than 0.1 percent when all travelers test negative 72 hours before their flight. According to data from Delta Air Lines and the Mayo Clinic Proceedings, performing a single COVID-19 molecular test within 72 hours of departure could decrease the rate of people actively infected onboard to a level significantly lower than active community infection rates." They also have some info about the false positive and negative rates they discovered.

I am guessing that with real world data like this available, we can probably expect testing requirements to continue for some time.
This is very interesting. I will guess as well is that testing is going to be the norm for quite awhile yet. Especially with the whispers of ANOTHER variant :sad2: I wanted to puke already when I heard that.

As I read your post I could hear my bathroom scale start to softly weep in the other room...

I actually managed to get REAL poutine this weekend - in Switzerland. The lady running the food truck was from Quebec and imports the cheese curds from Quebec.

If I don't eat poutine, what am I eating 2 to 3 times per week that contains fries, cheese curds and sauce? :rolleyes1

Plus we have very good beer to match with our poutine... :drinking:

Last edited:
I've seen photos of the "poutine" they sell at Disney, and I can guarantee you that I'm not wasting precious vacation calories on it!

Except now I really want a poutine for lunch....
I had to google it (Disney Springs Poutine) to see it with my own eyes and what the heck is those things? Certainly not poutine. Ew, David.

Last edited:
Isn't Disney Spring's really just fries with gravy and cheese ? i.e. not poutine ?

My daughter has tried every poutine she could find in WDW, even the quick service one in Epcot 🤢....she refuses to try it again...

She went to Quebec on a school trip and she liked it from then on. I personally didn't like the idea of fries and gravy (let alone cheese curds), but there are pretty good ones out there...best one I tried was a burger place in Quebec City...not sure what they did, but I've yet to taste any poutine that comes close to it.

Got to admit Costco does make a good poutine. Their curds are always super fresh and I love their gravy. Crispy coated fries. Oh I'm getting hungry too but poutine is definitely not on my list of digestible foods. Maybe I can convince DS he wants some and I can have just a taste.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter