USA Homelands Security Agents Are Not Asking About 3-5 Day Tests For Under 18's

BadPinkTink

Republic of Ireland is not part of UK
I know this is going to be asked again and again, so to make it easier for everyone.

From live reports from UK Tourists from November 8 and November 9, families are not being asked about the 3 - 5 day tests for under 18's.

All the information is being collected and checked by the airlines.

Parents / guardians sign the attestation form on behalf of under 18's and it is given digitally or by a printed form or both to the airline.

When families are going through the security and immigration checks, USA Homelands Security Agents are doing the same checks they did before Covid, checking that the airline collected the correct documents, ESTA and attestation form, checking passports, asking you questions about your trip, the fingerprint and eye scan etc etc.

It is the responsibility of the parents / guardians of the under 18's to do the 3- 5 day test once in USA.

There is no information about what type of tests need to be done or whether the tests need to be supervised.

There is no information about who to report the results of the tests to or if you need to show proof that the tests have been done.

There is no information about if anyone in USA will check if the tests have been done.

Last edited:
Makes sense IMO. I always felt that even if it was 'enforced' initially it would be the first thing to get dropped.

Yep feeling quite positive about it. Will just put a pack of NHS tests in our bag

Wonder if a certain poster on many FB groups who seems to think he is the oracle on this will back down! :rolleyes:

Yep feeling quite positive about it. Will just put a pack of NHS tests in our bag

Wonder if a certain poster on many FB groups who seems to think he is the oracle on this will back down! :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: lol

Just a note about UK people who taking the NHS tests. As you are not in The UK you wont be able to send the result to the NHS.

We don't have those tests in Ireland, so UK people packing those tests will be the minority of international tourists.

I guess I could use the VPN on my phone to log the results on the English system ( I do this twice a week for work and school anyway) but I really don't think anyone will be checked.

I guess I could use the VPN on my phone to log the results on the English system ( I do this twice a week for work and school anyway) but I really don't think anyone will be checked.

If you mean from the US side I wouldn't count on there not being checks. When flying back from Spain in June they didn't check at UK immigration we had the relevant tests booked etc but we had phone calls every day (one to each of us) to confirm we were isolating and testing. There is a chance that spot checks might be done on the testing side from the US but we really wont know until a few months in if this is the case.

If you mean from the England side in terms of registering the LFTs no no-one checks this. I did some for a staycation cruise and didn't register them as forgot and never been an issue.

If you mean from the US side I wouldn't count on there not being checks. When flying back from Spain in June they didn't check at UK immigration we had the relevant tests booked etc but we had phone calls every day (one to each of us) to confirm we were isolating and testing. There is a chance that spot checks might be done on the testing side from the US but we really wont know until a few months in if this is the case.

There wont be any checks like you describe for the 3-5 day tests for the under 18's.

There is no national track and trace system in America.

There is no national system in America to report or register the 3-5 day test result of under 18's.

Parents / guardians sign the attestation form and it is their responsibility that the tests are actually done.

The honor system is because in America there are Federal Laws and State Laws.

Federal Laws are set by the Federal Government ie national Government ie Biden and and the Government in Washington DC. They have jurisdiction over Federal buildings such as airports and set policies and laws which are national and legal in all states. They can only make policies and laws regarding entry into USA. The requirement for vaccine checks and negative tests is set by the Federal Government as it affects Federal Jurisdiction, the entry into the country.

However once you are in USA, it is State law which applies. The Federal Government can not say 3-5 day testing of under 18's is required as that would not be legal in all 50 states. Therefore they have to say recommended and leave the responsibility up to the families.

Being mindful of Disboard rules, all I will say is that not all state Governors hold the same views about vaccines, covid testing and mask mandates as the Federal Government.

There wont be any checks like you describe for the 3-5 day tests for the under 18's.

There is no national track and trace system in America.

There is no national system in America to report or register the 3-5 day test result of under 18's.

Parents / guardians sign the attestation form and it is their responsibility that the tests are actually done.

The honor system is because in America there are Federal Laws and State Laws.

Federal Laws are set by the Federal Government ie national Government ie Biden and and the Government in Washington DC. They have jurisdiction over Federal buildings such as airports and set policies and laws which are national and legal in all states. They can only make policies and laws regarding entry into USA. The requirement for vaccine checks and negative tests is set by the Federal Government as it affects Federal Jurisdiction, the entry into the country.

However once you are in USA, it is State law which applies. The Federal Government can not say 3-5 day testing of under 18's is required as that would not be legal in all 50 states. Therefore they have to say recommended and leave the responsibility up to the families.

Being mindful of Disboard rules, all I will say is that not all state Governors hold the same views about vaccines, covid testing and mask mandates as the Federal Government.

Fair enough although I should state it wasn't track and trace that were phoning us to chase the tests etc it was a different department (can't remember but in Wales at least they were responsible for anyone who had completed the PLF).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter