Use year and buying 25 points direct with Disney

SL6827

DIS Veteran
So someone mentioned on another thread that when you buy a 25 point direct contract through Disney that they will not let you buy in with any other use year than what you currently have. Is that so or not? What if you have two contracts with different use years? I mean of course one would want the same use year, but if they had a month before or after your current use year, would that be allowed?

From what I understand, Disney won't let you add 25-points in a different UY because it would be considered its own contract (and then the minimum of points is higher, 50-points for many resorts). If you have resale contracts in two different UYs, you could add on to either UY.

I'll say they never discussed the option, it was just so you need Feb use year, never asked. Not that I'd have wanted another use year anyway.

Well I guess I would get the same use year if they have the points available. That will be great. But I will only consider it if they would let me add on 25 points, not 50.

You are getting OKW right? They will let you buy 25 if yes. They'll be extended points though to 2057.

From what I understand, Disney won't let you add 25-points in a different UY because it would be considered its own contract (and then the minimum of points is higher, 50-points for many resorts). If you have resale contracts in two different UYs, you could add on to either UY.
This is also my understanding.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter