Using CS for breakfast...

heidiboo

DIS Veteran
Ok I understand that if you use CS for lunch you get a drink, entree and dessert. But, what about using it for breakfast at your resort? We will purchase the mugs - I'm just not sure if using it for breakfast is a wise decision. We plan on using the TS for dinner each night. Any opinions?!

Thanks....looking forward to POFQ 8/23-30! :banana:

it depends...

for us we can either do a big bkfst or a big lunch but not both...or a big lunch or big dinner but not both...so it can work depending on your eating habits!!

here was waht we got for bkfst for 5

1 egg sandwich on crossaint w/ choc milk and bb muffin (large!!)
1 egg w toast and donut w/milk
1 mickey waffle w donut w/ milk
1 french toast w/ banana w/ diet pop
1 micky waffle w/ danish w/ milk

for us...

we had a TON TON TON of food left over because the portion sizes were super large!!! We could have kept the muffins/desserts for the next day's bkfst but this was last day...
we left w/ 12 CS credits!!!!! This can totally be done!!!

I would not worry so much about the $$$$ worth, I would just go with what meals you want to eat, where you want to eat them, and how much if any OOP do you want to pay...we paid 160 OOP dollars the ENTIRE trip!!! Unreal...I say!!!
HTH

Personally, I think it's a waste to use the CS credits for breakfast if you are planning on using one credit per person per meal. On the other hand, if you plan to share CS lunches (which is VERY do-able since the portions are HUGE), then it's a great way to conserve credits and use the extras for CS breakfast at the hotel.

We did it this way last week and it worked great. My kids and I split adult-sized CS meals in the park (sometimes one credit fed all three of us and other times two credits fed us). The leftover credits were used to purchase breakfasts at the hotel. We used the refillable mugs for our breakfast drinks and used the breakfast drink credit to get large bottled beverages for later.

MOMOFMNM said:
1 egg sandwich on crossaint w/ choc milk and bb muffin (large!!)
1 egg w toast and donut w/milk
1 mickey waffle w donut w/ milk
1 french toast w/ banana w/ diet pop
1 micky waffle w/ danish w/ milk

Very interesting. I just got back from ASSp and they did not allow a "dessert" with my breakfast meal. I was able to get Mickey Waffle with bacon and a drink, but they didn't allow me to add on a danish, donut, or fruit as dessert. Were you at a hotel where the meal came that way as a combo or did they just let you add on the dessert?

We split breakfasts and lunches and had plenty to eat. This way we made our CS credits last longer. We didn't buy the refillable mug, and we did buy an extra beverage with the meals. We didn't get dessert with breakfast.

What we actually ended up doing was bringing back to the resort the dessert from dinner, having that for a quick snack before we left the resort in the morning, getting the breakfast that we split mid-morning, then the split lunch, then a mid-afternoon snack, then each got TS dinner. It was plenty to eat.

formernyer said:
Very interesting. I just got back from ASSp and they did not allow a "dessert" with my breakfast meal. I was able to get Mickey Waffle with bacon and a drink, but they didn't allow me to add on a danish, donut, or fruit as dessert. Were you at a hotel where the meal came that way as a combo or did they just let you add on the dessert?

This was Sept 05 at the Poly...not at the Parks. It was seperate not a combo...the lady at CC was always making sure we got EVERYTHING we were supposed to....very helpful...she even let us get Powerades and Nestle Choc Milk in the bottles...not the small carton kinds

MOMOFMNM said:
she even let us get Powerades and Nestle Choc Milk in the bottles...not the small carton kinds

The two value hotels I purchased meals at (ASSp and POP) both allowed this as well. You could even get the huge OJs (they were like 22oz or 24oz).

I believe the policy for getting donuts etc at breakfast changed in or after October 05 and is no longer allowed... Sure I read it somewhere round here :) Still it would be cool if we could...

The idea of using the refillable mugs for the drink at BF and taking a bottled drink to the parks is a great idea... :thumbsup2

I'm curious about this too, but how do they count things like cold cereal? Do you get that and some fruit and milk as the CS meal if you use the DDP?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter