Using DDP credits to pay for others not in your party

elaine amj

DIS Veteran
The 4 of us will be staying 2 nights at Pop in mid-March and planning to upgrade to DxDDP. One of the reasons for this is because we are meeting some dear friends for dinner at Ohana one day and would like to pay for them Just want to confirm that it will be totally OK with the new rules to use 8 of our credits to pay for dinner for all 8 of us. We will also be paying for 2 of them at a Yak & Yeti dinner the next day.

Thanks - it will be my first time with the new rules and I just want to be sure before I bite the bullet and spend the extra money on the deluxe plan.

When I went in November, it was just myself on the DDP. My Aunt and Uncle were staying the same week at the same resort, but they did not have the DDP. We went to Garden Grill for dinner one night. I was going to have 1 unused TS credit, so they let me use 2 TS credits that night. My Aunt & Uncle only had to pay out of pocket for 1 person. It was nice that we could do that, so the credit didn't go to waste at the end of my trip. I was even in Epcot earlier that day and walked over to Garden Grill and asked the CM's if it was allowed and they told me that it does not matter who the credits belong to, you can use them how you like. :-)

Thank you all so much :) I was pretty sure but just had to double check. Hearing personal experiences makes me feel so much more confident.

We did this specifically at Ohana for breakfast. We had 6 people on the deluxe plan and used 10 credits to cover those dining.

I think you should have little or no problems! We are planning on doing this on our upcoming trip. Myself, DH, DD (8), and DS (5) are in one room on the DxDDP. My parents are on another reservation and will only be joining us for a few day. I wrote guest services asking if I would be able to use my credits to pay for their meals as well, and this was their e-mailed response:

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.

The entitlements are calculated per person per night of your stay. You are welcome to use your dining credits to pay for meals for yourself or a guest of your choosing. Someone staying in your room with a MagicBand must be the person paying but anyone can enjoy the meal.

We look forward to seeing you on your upcoming trip!

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,

XXXXXX

eCommerce Sales and Service Team

PLEASE NOTE: All information is subject to change without notice and should be confirmed just prior to your visit

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter