Using Disney Gift cards at Aulani

helenk

I wish I was in Disney World
I was able to ascertain that you can use Disney Gift cards at Aulani. But I wanted to make sure you can use them at the restaurants. Is there anywhere on the property that I cannot use them?

I think you can use them anywhere. I know for sure at the restaurants, the gift shops, and the spa. I've seen others say you can use them to pay for accommodations themselves (if you're not staying on points).

We used them in the giftshop and during our stay, I just went down to the front desk to pay down our charges with them .

We used them at the restaurants, gift shops, spa, etc. we had no problems using them at Aulani.

Thank you for your replies. My son and daughter- in-law are going to celebrate their birthdays at AMA AMA while we are there. I thought I would give them a gift card.

I wish we could put the amount that we have on gift cards on the room and then just debit from that. Yes I can just do the opposite and charge everything and then pay it off with the gift card. But even with the gift cards being in the safe, having probably a grand on them makes me nervous when I leave our room. Would just love to be able to "place" them on our room when we arrive.

You might need to apply the gift cards each day rather than at end of stay, to avoid your credit card being charged.
Right, that is why I would love to be able to put money down on our room when we arrive. Disney for some reason doesn't like this approach. People must not spend as much with this method.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter