Using phone cards on-site......

WDWfan uk

<font color=red>.... but you can call me Shirley :
I have heard of people having difficulties with phone cards purchased outside WDW in getting the on-site phones to accept the card number, unless it's with A T & T. Can anyone advise me who has recently returned if there are still problems, and what card to use on-site?

Thank you :)

We stayed at ASMo in Oct 2001 and had no problems using a phone card
from the hotel or at the parks. We purchased ours at Sanford
Airport from the Airtours desk.

We had problems with the local code 0191 Shirley, we tried to phone using phone card, AT&T and credit card. When we got through to an operator she tried to connect us but said some codes were banned from USA and couldn't do it. We tried on and off site but couldn't get through.

we had no trouble using phone cards whilst in the parks
we bought ours in the Publix supermarket on 192 and got about 40 min calling time to the UK on a $10 card

Hi Shirley

Just to say I had no problems using my phone card while staying at ASMo in Dec 01.

we also used an Airtours phone card and used it all over the place, even from a payphone in Epcot. We didn't have any problems calling 0191 numbers - that's a very odd one Valerie - I wonder why that happened?

Bev

Re the 0191 problem.

V tried to ring her Mam and couldn't. I just assumed she'd done it wrong (as yer would) so I tried and it said the card didn't have International Dialing authorisation. I rang the operator and she told me that for some reason (she didn't know why) there was a ban on calls to 0191/92 and 93 numbers at that time with AT&T (Mar 2002).

I even tried bangin in coins but got the same 'No International chats fer you matey' message.

As an additional warnin, I got round the problem by ringin Astrid on her Southampton number and got her to ring V's Mam.
(I used me credit card coz we'd taken the AT&T card back as bein bloomin useless).
I got her answerphone the first six times cos she was out for the day and was charged £7.61 each time just for the connection. When I did talk to her for 5 minutes it was £20- so be warned the credit card ain't the sollution!

We had a prepaid type card that came through with our tickets from Virgin. It is a Austrailian company, and basically you have an account number and a pin number. We charged the card up before we went with $20 (it has to be at least $10). Anyway, when you want to call home, you have to dial a 1-888 number. The message then asks you to enter your account number (which is on the card) then your pin. Then you just enter the phone number including all the codes, we are in the west midlands and we had to dial 0044 1384 XXXXXX. And you get all call at 50 cents a minute, we got 40 minutes for our $20 and it worked every time from all phones at the resort hotel (All Star Movies) or round the parks. You can top up some more if you wish and you still get the calls for 50 cents per minute. You also get a message box, so people at home can call a number (I forget which one, but it is on the card), enter your account number and leave you a message. You can check your messages whenever you want. My Mom called us and left a message to check if we had got there ok, and left one to say Happy Birthday to my wife.

I have to admit this card is an excellent service. We got all our calls home for $20 which is what £15?

Hope this helps
Steve

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter