Valentines at Disney

Snickers0782

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone -

My husband and I will be at Disney World during Valentines 2023. There's a bracelet and charms that he'd like and I want to get it and surprise him at diner. I've read that you can't take wrapped gifts to the park. How do you do gifts at Disney if you can't take a wrapped gift into the park? Also they search you and I don't want to have it be pulled out in front of him and ruin the surprise. Any thoughts or ideas or stories on things you've/friend have done? Thanks so much!

Does it have to be at a restaurant in the park? Disney World has a TON of romantic spots to eat at their resorts, which would not incur a bag check. California Grill at Contemporary is a favorite of mine (esp if you can snag a reservation during MK fireworks). But also Narcoosees (if its back up and running by Valentines), Citricos, Flying Fish, Jiko, Topolino's Terrace; all would make for a nice fancy romantic dinner.

If it has to be at a park restaurant, perhaps pack the charm bracelet in your bag separate from whatever box you are putting it in. That way if it sets off the detectors on your way into the park, there is no chance of them taking out a wrapped gift. Usually for bag check they ask you to open the bag, and may poke around in it, but rarely do they actually take things out in my experience. In this scenario, at some point just excuse yourself to the bathroom or something and fix up the bracelet inside the box.

For what it's worth they don't seem to be doing bag checks all the time - the new detectors at the parks usually don't cause you to have to go have your bags checked, but if they do, you could just also go over separately for that assuming your husband won't also be carrying a bag (they always separate me and my husband during this time anyway when I have a bag checked and they have him wait "on the other side").

Love the idea of restaurants in one of the resorts anyway, though (we love sunset at Sanaa with a window table overlooking the Savannah) but if you go with California Grill just head's up I have had my bag checked every time I've been to/through the Contemporary Resort the past few years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter