Valentine's Day Anniversary suggestions

MNTerri

Earning My Ears
Hi, all

I've really been enjoying reading the forum - you all have so much info to share.

I'll be at WDW the week of Valentine's 2005 with my husband and three children 11,11, and 9 and Valentine's Day is also our wedding anniversary; does anyone have any suggestions on things to do? So far I have the Royal Breakfast at the Castle booked for 8:05am and PS dinner at the Artist's Point. I'd love any suggestions to make this day special. We're staying on resort and don't want to leave WDW.

Terri:wave:

How about a "Wishes" firworks cruise after dinner from the VWL. We are doing one on an upcoming trip. I think they are great for special occasions and a great way to end an evening.

Have a great anniversary.

HBC

On our honeymoon we booked a one hour session with a Disney photographer. (That sentence comes out sounding bad) We met at the entrance at MK and he took us all around the park taking great photos and then to a private photo shoot with all the characters. We ended up with great professional photos of the two of us that we could never have taken ourselves.

I've been wanting to try the Illuminations Cruise, either on a regular boat or the Breathless.

We were at WDW for Valentine's Day a few years ago and there was a lot of special stuff going on at Epcot. We each got a red flower lei as well as special Valentine's pins and love was in the air throughout the park. I don't know if this happens every year or in every park, but we sure felt special!

Where are you staying? I would think WLV would be great for an anniversary trip. Maybe you could do one of the hayrides -- not sure how romantic it would be but it sounds fun!

Also, what about the Rehitchin' Ceremony @ the Garden Grill Ice Cream Social? Your kids would probably love that. Call first though as there have been several posts all confirming that they are/aren't doing it anymore...not sure what the current status is.

Does your husband like Nascar? We were able to get a special rate of $199 on the Richard Petty Rookie Driving Experience. Don't know how often they run that special but it might be worth calling in and checking as a surprise for DH.

You could take some time for yourself and schedule a free makeover at the Guerlain shop in the France Pavillion. Someone posting very recently that it was a wonderful experience.

Would your children feel comfortable going to one of the kids' clubs? If so, plan a night and make PS at a restaurant that you would never go to if the kids were with you and make a special evening out of it.

HAVE FUN !!!

Originally posted by calypso*a*go-go
Also, what about the Rehitchin' Ceremony @ the Garden Grill Ice Cream Social?

I read on another board that the Rehitchin' Ceremony isn't happening any more.

When you go to Artist Point, be sure to let them know it's your anniversary. We went there for our 35th, and they gave us one of their signature cobblers free of charge as a surprise. It was really scrumptious!

We had fun doing the vows renewal at the Garden Grill too. They embarass you, but it is great fun!

We're staying at the Beach Club CL - I thought about the Nascar thing for my husband! We don't want to be too far away from the children but I was thinking about taking an evening at the Yachtsman for an adult only dinner and letting the kids stay at the Sandcastle Club for a couple of hours since they're both at the Yacht and Beach Club. I like the idea of the Wishes Fireworks Cruise. Keep the good ideas coming, thanks!

My wife and I are both Hollywood buffs. So on every visit we arrange a "date" in which the kids stay behind and we go to the Brown Derby for a long, romantic supper. We always start with the incredible Cobb Salad (prepared the original way which is something of a surprise and quite delicious) and end with the sinful grapefruit cake.

Hi. We'll also be at WDW that week for mine and hubby's ten year wedding anniversary, but we're leaving the kids at home. ;)

What about putting them in a kids' club and eating at the California Grill to watch Wishes?
If you want to be with the kids I think a Wishes cruise sounds like a fab idea. We did the Magical Gatherings Wishes cruise and the view is incredible from the lake. They pipe in the music, too.

I looked into doing the rehitching at Garden Grill. It is no more, plus even if it was The Land will be closed during that time period due to construction of Soarin.

The dinner shows might be a good idea, too. Hoop Dee Doo would be fun as they walk around and announce anniversaries, etc. The Luau you can go up and dance. (They call up honeymooners and couples celebrating anniversaries.) If your dinner is timed right with Wishes, you can catch Wishes afterwards by the lake outside the show on the beach.

During the day you could do a Grand Floridian afternoon tea. They also have something for kids.

Have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter