Valet parking and regular parking for AP

wazfuz

Earning My Ears
I have stayed at the boardwalk Villas numerous times and never knew that the Valet parking was free for DVC members. I got hit several times with parking costs at the Celebration Hotel and did not know there was a fee at the time although I had planned and did take care of the Valets. If the Valet is free, what is the usual tip? per day, per use of car? I have never used valets before the Celebration Hotel.
Also, I have an annual pass and recently I stayed at OKW. I asked the security guard if all I needed to park at one of the theme parks was to show my annual pass and he said he never heard of this benefit for AP holders and added he has been with Disney security for twenty years. Sometimes, the drive by car is easier and faster than the bus such as a trip to AK.

DVC members get free valet at the DVC resorts at WDW (VWL and BWV; there is no valet at OKW) but not at other WDW resorts. What you tip is a matter of personal choice. We usually tip $3 when taking the car and do not tip when dropping off (that is typical for valet parking at hotels almost anywhere). Others have reported tipping both ways.

If you are staying on site, you get to park free anywhere (other than valet parking at the resorts). That is a perk of simply staying in a WDW resort. As far as I know just having an AP does not get you free parking

I found someone at Disney who could finally answer my question. For annual passholders, free parking at any of the theme parks is a benefit. I was told that all I had to do was show my annual pass to the parking attendant and that should get me in. However, if by chance they don't know of this perk (which is possible) ask for a receipt and take it to guest services once inside the park.
I am a DVC member but sometimes as I said in my earlier post, the drive from BWV or OKW to one of the parks can be more pleasant and faster than the bus.

:bounce: :bounce:

Free parking is definatley a perk of AP. I've used it many times. Such a rush to just get waved through the gate!

The lack of consistent knowledge on the part of some Disney security guards continues to amaze me. "never heard of the benefit in over twenty years" No wonder legal pool hoppers have troubling parking at the Poly lot. Pool hopping, what's that?

Lets differentiate. Free parking at the parks is a perk of the AP. Same is not true at the resorts including valet parking, or so I've been told.

Your resort parking pass also entitles you to free parking at the theme parks. Also, I thought valet parking for DVC resorts was still free to members just not valet at WDW hotels. Is this correct?

For DVC members Valet Parking is free at Boardwall and VWL only. We still have to pay for other valet parking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter