Valet Parking--Hotel Charge?

DisneyVirginia

Earning My Ears
We have stayed at many WDW resorts. I bleive that so far we have not paid anything other than tipping for valet parking. We are staying at GF July-Aug. Will the hotel bill us if we use valet? Thanks, DisneyVirginia

The WDW resorts have a $6.00 per day charge for valet parking - which they will bill to your room. Most major hotel chains now chage for valet parking. The fee is payable only once per day no matter how many times you come or go. Think the receipt will also allow you to valet park at other WDW resorts.

ralphd:D :D :D :D

Thanks ralphd. Also, I just noticed another long thread on this topic under this forum--just after I posted of course--sheepish grin!!!!

It's too hot in July and August to do anything but valet, so I guess I'll go along with that. It's best to know ahead of time though!! :)

The fee for valet parking was amended recently (within the past year or so) such that everyone pays $6 per day. Before, hotel guests didn't pay except for the tip.

DVC members parking at a DVC resort are still entitled to free valet parking. Shortly after the change, I parked at the BoardWalk--I forgot to tell the CM that I was a member. I guess they matched the name up with the reservation because I wasn't charged for the parking--a little Disney magic!! :p

Josh

DVC members parking at a DVC resort are still entitled to free valet parking.

I just got my renewal information for the Disney Dining Experience and I noticed that one of the benefits is that members receive complimentary valet parking when dining at a WDW Resort. I never realized this, but it's definitely good to know!
I probably will only use that perk at the Boardwalk where parking seems to be the most challenging! :rolleyes:

Karen

Please explain, We're leaving for CR tomorrow am. We are staying there for 12 days, you mean to tell me they are going to charge me $6.00 a day to have my car parked there. I have no intentions of moving it once we check in. I will use disney transportation.

Originally posted by dg39
Please explain, We're leaving for CR tomorrow am. We are staying there for 12 days, you mean to tell me they are going to charge me $6.00 a day to have my car parked there. I have no intentions of moving it once we check in. I will use disney transportation.

They won't charge you for self-parking...the $6 a day charge is only for valet parking.

Karen

Originally posted by dg39

If you self park you will not be charged. Believe it or not there are hotels that do charge for self parking but Disney does not. If you choose to valet you will be charged $6 for every day that your car is parked in the valet lot.

Originally posted by Tiffany

If you self park you will not be charged. Believe it or not there are hotels that do charge for self parking but Disney does not. If you choose to valet you will be charged $6 for every day that your car is parked in the valet lot.

Tell me about it. HRH at US/IOA charges $8 to self park and 12 to valet park per day even if your car never moves from check in to check out.

Parking at the CR is great especially for the 2 garden wings. Well that is as long as people aren't using it as an MK parking lot. Hopefully they are inforcing the towing of cars for non resort guest. It is horrible to see the parking lot empty out in the evening when MK closes when as a guest you have to park 15min from your building.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter