Validity of Universal multi-day tickets and getting the best price...

meryll83

All it takes is faith and trust...
It's been a while since I've purchased multi-day tickets for Universal (and still toying between whether to do 1, 2 or 3 days), but I notice if I were to choose the 2 or 3 day option, I can get a slightly cheaper price by more specifically selecting the date of use, and that the tickets then need to be used within a 3 or 5 day window of a specific start date I select.

What I've noticed is, if I choose a start date that is actually a couple of days before I intend to first visit, but still means the visit would be within the window, it's actually a bit cheaper again than if I choose the actual date we intend to first use them... so my question is, can I go with that cheaper option, but won't actually use the ticket until days 3, 4 and 5 of the window, rather than day 1?
Hope that makes sense!

Any advice very much appreciated!

It's been a while since I've purchased multi-day tickets for Universal (and still toying between whether to do 1, 2 or 3 days), but I notice if I were to choose the 2 or 3 day option, I can get a slightly cheaper price by more specifically selecting the date of use, and that the tickets then need to be used within a 3 or 5 day window of a specific start date I select.

What I've noticed is, if I choose a start date that is actually a couple of days before I intend to first visit, but still means the visit would be within the window, it's actually a bit cheaper again than if I choose the actual date we intend to first use them... so my question is, can I go with that cheaper option, but won't actually use the ticket until days 3, 4 and 5 of the window, rather than day 1?
Hope that makes sense!

Any advice very much appreciated!
I am researching this as well because we need to purchase tickets for DS’s girlfriend to go along with us (kicking myself because we should’ve just purchased an AP for her when she visited with us several months ago). Whatever we purchase for her now though, we will probably upgrade her to the cheapest tier of AP… Just trying to figure out the best method of bridging for discounts since we will be vacationing there for a total of 7 to 8 days.

At any rate, it looks like you will be fine activating your dated tickets on day three and so on. I found this from Orlando Informer website…

“There is one consideration that may or may not play a factor in how many days total you choose for your Universal Orlando adventure: the expiration date for your multi-day tickets. While it’s just the first day of your pass that has to be specifically dated, there is a certain window of time you’ll have to finish using up your admission after that specific date:

• Two-day ticket – within five days of chosen start date
  • Three-day ticket – within six days of chosen start date
  • Four-day ticket – within seven days of chosen start date
  • Five-day ticket – within eight days of chosen start date”

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter