$ Value for Conversion of 10 Day MYW to DVC Annual Pass

rellabee

Mouseketeer
Hi All! We are heading to the World in late August. At this point, I'm undecided as to whether we will be buying a 10 Day MYW pass (with or without PH), or a DVC annual pass. I'm also trying to figure out how to save some money if there may be a price increase later this week.

I'm considering going ahead and buying my 10 Day MYW passes this week and having them sent to me. This raises 2 questions:

1. If I decide when I get there that the DVC annual pass is something that we need, can I convert it at that time and what would be the expiration date?
2. If they raise the price of the 10 Day pass, would I be credited toward the DVC AP at the actual price I paid for the 10 day, or the then current price?

Thanks!

1. Yes, and the start date of the AP will be backdated to the 1st day that you used the MYW ticket and it runs for a year from that date.

2. As long as you use the ticket once, you should be credited with the current gate price of the ticket when you do the upgrade.

Since the DVC AP costs $399, make sure you don't purchase a MYW ticket that costs more than the AP, because you may not get any refund (a 10 ticket with all the options added does cost more than $399).

1. Yes, and the start date of the AP will be backdated to the 1st day that you used the MYW ticket and it runs for a year from that date.

2. As long as you use the ticket once, you should be credited with the current gate price of the ticket when you do the upgrade.

Since the DVC AP costs $399, make sure you don't purchase a MYW ticket that costs more than the AP, because you may not get any refund (a 10 ticket with all the options added does cost more than $399).
Just want to add -

Since you will be getting credit for the gate price of the MYW ticket wheen you upgrde, you want to make sure the ticket you buy has a gate price that is less than the cost of the discounted AP. If you buy from a discount ticket broker, you will (hopefully) be buying a ticket at less than gate.

Just want to add -

Since you will be getting credit for the gate price of the MYW ticket wheen you upgrde, you want to make sure the ticket you buy has a gate price that is less than the cost of the discounted AP. If you buy from a discount ticket broker, you will (hopefully) be buying a ticket at less than gate.

Yep, what she said! Should have said gate price, not cost! Thanks Carol!

In addition to what others have mentioned, if you think you'll be able to get another trip in before the end of the 12 month period a AP is good for, you'll have that added savings too! We were not going to to this year but I have an AP and DH is Military so he gets free ticket so for us the cost is only the two kids tickets ($99 military deal), airfare and the cost of food! No brainer for me :thumbsup2

We are hoping to do something similar...buy a 6 day PH pass from UT which will save us $30 from the current gate price...then convert to a DVC AP. We're choosing 6 days since this will keep us under the $399 DVC AP but save us the most $$ compared to current gate price.

My only point of confusion was someone else mentioned that you don't get that "intermediate ticket" or "bridge" for the PH or WPF&M...just for the main ticket.

Can anyone confirm this?

My only point of confusion was someone else mentioned that you don't get that "intermediate ticket" or "bridge" for the PH or WPF&M...just for the main ticket.

Can anyone confirm this?

Don't worry about it. Just take the gate price of the ticket you have, subtract it from the price of the AP you want and that will be what you will owe for the upgrade. It doesn't really matter what parts of the ticket you're getting at a discount from UT, just what the total prices is.

And don't forget to use that discounted UT at least once before you do the upgrade, to make sure you get the advantage of the discount.

I am sorry I am confused please help. I will blame on the I am new. We have always had a package so I am new to separate tickets. Our first DVC trip will be to BLT in Sept for our boys birthday.
We will be going for 7 days and had to barrow points so this will be our only trip for the year. With that said....

would it be better to but a annual pass OR the 7 day??

more info about how we use tickets:
we do Disney Quest LOTS, but not the water parks
we need the hopper
we have AAA
we will be going with:
nana and paw paw :tinker:
8 turning 9 boy :earboy2:
3 turning 4 boy :stitch:
1 mom :mickeybar
1 dad :goofy:

Any and all help would be great! THANKS!

Through Undercover Tourist, a 7 day ticket with WP + more and hopping is $460-something (not including the extra Mousesavers newsletter discount you could get).

An DVC AP is $399 (so includes hopping) and a DVC P(remium)AP is $537, which would get you unlimited DQ, waterpark.

Disneyquest individual day admissions are about $43.

If you're going to DQ more than once, it looks like the 7 day ticket would be better for you.

edited: Also, you can only get DVC APs for immediate family living in your household, so I guess your "nana and paw paw" won't be eligible for that. Just something else favoring keeping your tickets vs. APs.

Don't worry about it. Just take the gate price of the ticket you have, subtract it from the price of the AP you want and that will be what you will owe for the upgrade. It doesn't really matter what parts of the ticket you're getting at a discount from UT, just what the total prices is.

And don't forget to use that discounted UT at least once before you do the upgrade, to make sure you get the advantage of the discount.

Thank you so much for your reply!:goodvibes

Through Undercover Tourist, a 7 day ticket with WP + more and hopping is $460-something (not including the extra Mousesavers newsletter discount you could get).

An DVC AP is $399 (so includes hopping) and a DVC P(remium)AP is $537, which would get you unlimited DQ, waterpark.

Disneyquest individual day admissions are about $43.

If you're going to DQ more than once, it looks like the 7 day ticket would be better for you.

edited: Also, you can only get DVC APs for immediate family living in your household, so I guess your "nana and paw paw" won't be eligible for that. Just something else favoring keeping your tickets vs. APs.

I hate correcting people, but since it helps save money, I just bought DH a 10 day park hopper, WP & more ticket for $343.95 from UT, so the 7 day is even cheaper (not the $460 as noted above). :thumbsup2

I understood that if you had the water parks and more on your tickets you could only upgrade to a premium annual pass.

Any thoughts?

I hate correcting people, but since it helps save money, I just bought DH a 10 day park hopper, WP & more ticket for $343.95 from UT, so the 7 day is even cheaper (not the $460 as noted above). :thumbsup2

No correct away! I dpn't know where I got that number - too many charts I was looking at, I guess.

The 7 day hopper with water parks + more is $325 - who knows what I was looking at! sorry about that mistake.

So my calculations above are incorrect as to when it becomes a better deal - I'm at work right now - no time to figure that out (besides, who would trust me now?) :lmao: but if anyone else wants to do the math, feel free!

I understood that if you had the water parks and more on your tickets you could only upgrade to a premium annual pass.

Any thoughts?

Hopefully I won't be wrong on this one - I think that's only the case if you USE one of the water parks and more options. If you don't use them, you can upgrade to a regular AP.

Hopefully I won't be wrong on this one - I think that's only the case if you USE one of the water parks and more options. If you don't use them, you can upgrade to a regular AP.

That's what I heard as well...but again, I'm not an expert...just gathering info from the DIS folks.

Any thoughts?

I believe that you can still upgrade to a regular AP (not PAP) from a MYW w/ WP&M if you have not used any of the water park or Disney Quest options. Check Cheshire Figment's Sticky on the top of the Theme Parks board for a definite answer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter