Value Studio at AKL

mshanson3121

DIS Veteran
Where are these located - Jambo or Kidani? What is the difference between the two places? Can you still use all the same pools etc?

Where are these located - Jambo or Kidani? What is the difference between the two places? Can you still use all the same pools etc?
Value studios are very limited in number and extremely hard for owners to book. The chances of renting one are very small.

They are located in Jambo, as the PP pointed out. There are some savanna views but you cannot request a specific room or view. With value studios you get what you're given.

They are smaller than other DVC studios, which is why they are cheaper. But they still have the same bed situation and kitchenette.

You can use the pools at both Jambo and Kidani. There is a shuttle that runs between the two hotels. Guests traveling from Kidani to Jambo can also hop on any bus since they share bus service and Kidani is always the first to be picked up. There is also a walking pathway between the two.

Guests traveling from Kidani to Jambo can also hop on any bus since they share bus service and Kidani is always the first to be picked up. There is also a walking pathway between the two.
Unless things have changed the park buses stop first at Kidani then pick up at Jambo. The DS buses stop first at Jambo then pick up at Kidani. The shuttle you mention is so convenient, it drops off/picks up right by the lobbies (ask bell services if you don’t know where to wait) & runs between the two resorts constantly,

We stayed in a value 1-bedroom last spring break. We were lucky enough to get one of the "Savannah" view ones. We did value because at the time we needed the low points option. I don't think I would ever do a value again for this reason. I go to AKL to see the animals off my balcony.....I do not want the risk of staring at a parking lot for a week. It was stressful the whole time before the trip trying to figure out the likelihood of us getting a parking lot view. It worked out and we were blessed but I would have been very sad if it hadn't. Other resorts have standard views and to me it's fine and worth the points savings but with AKL....I gotta have my savannah!

We stayed in a value 1-bedroom last spring break. We were lucky enough to get one of the "Savannah" view ones. We did value because at the time we needed the low points option. I don't think I would ever do a value again for this reason. I go to AKL to see the animals off my balcony.....I do not want the risk of staring at a parking lot for a week. It was stressful the whole time before the trip trying to figure out the likelihood of us getting a parking lot view. It worked out and we were blessed but I would have been very sad if it hadn't. Other resorts have standard views and to me it's fine and worth the points savings but with AKL....I gotta have my savannah!
I know this feeling but I respond opposite where I feel like I don’t want to pay for savannah view when I have chance to get it for free on value lol. I’m actually more likely to upgrade to savannah if I can’t get value since the odds for free savannah view seem much higher for value vs standard lol.

I know this feeling but I respond opposite where I feel like I don’t want to pay for savannah view when I have chance to get it for free on value lol. I’m actually more likely to upgrade to savannah if I can’t get value since the odds for free savannah view seem much higher for value vs standard lol.

Chances of getting a standard view that has savanna view are actually higher than getting savanna view with a value room. 40% of the value rooms have savanna view and you cannot request location so it is luck-of-the-draw.

A little more than 50% of the standard view rooms at Jambo have savanna view (the rest are pool view). Moreover, if, when reserving a standard view room, you make a request for a room along Kudo Trail (the left side of the Jambo building) and succeed in getting that request, your room will have savanna view because all standards on that side of the building have savanna view.

Chances of getting a standard view that has savanna view are actually higher than getting savanna view with a value room. 40% of the value rooms have savanna view and you cannot request location so it is luck-of-the-draw.

A little more than 50% of the standard view rooms at Jambo have savanna view (the rest are pool view). Moreover, if, when reserving a standard view room, you make a request for a room along Kudo Trail (the left side of the Jambo building) and succeed in getting that request, your room will have savanna view because all standards on that side of the building have savanna view.
This is good to know, I’ve always did math on total including kidani but never checked math in jambo specific or thought through requests that could help. How does the partial view here compare to view from value rooms that have savanah?

Actually, I thought I heard once that the odds of a DVC member getting a parking lot view in a value studio are even lower, because some value studios with parking lot views are reserved for cash guests. But even assuming not, I thought that there were 20 value studios, of which 12 were pool view, 4 savannah view, and 4 parking lot view. I don't know if that's correct though. If so, though, that means that 4 of 20, or 20% are parking lot view. The majority are pool view. I've had 5 different value studios, 4 of which were pool view. But the one year I got a value with a savannah view, I was thrilled! Definitely felt like I'd won the value studio lottery!

There are 8 savanna view value studios and 2 parking lot on Floor 5 - Ostrich Trail. Had the good luck of getting a savanna view in July. It was a great location. There at 8 pool view on Floor 5 - Giraffe Trail. A pro to staying in this area is a small elevator that takes you to the pool and quick access to the Mara.

Front entrance of Jambo to front entrance of Kidani is about a 1/2 mile walk. From Jambo, the Kidani pool would be further since it is on the north wing of Kidani — Kidani has two wings, north and south, and it is the south wing that runs towards the front of Jambo.

During normal times, there is a bus that runs continuously during the day and evening between the two front entrances. Do not know if that is running again yet, although it should be since buildings are now fully open again.

As to the views for standard rooms at Jambo that have savanna view, they are generally decent, at least as good as the view from the savanna view value rooms, e.g., there are actually standard views on Kudo trail that are directly across from the value savanna view rooms and both have the same savanna views.

Last edited:
During normal times, there is a bus that runs continuously during the day and evening between the two front entrances. Do not know if that is running again yet, although it should be since buildings are now fully open again.
We were at Victoria falls last week and as we came out the resort shuttle was loading.

Honestly, unless you’re spending all your time at the resort, I wouldn’t worry about the walk to and from Kidani. Besides, AKV is one of the nicest resorts both in architecture and landscaping. So it’s actually quite a nice walk or shuttle ride. The Jambo lobby is more grand especially at Christmas time. Arguably the best restaurants on property. Jambo has Jiko (not open yet) and Boma. Kidani has Sanaa (my fav). When I stay there, it just feels like I’m in another world. It’s so unique to any other resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter