Variety is the spice of life...I'll taste it, for the review - COMPLETED

Before heading out to Magic Kingdom for our late night, we figured we'd eat in the room so went to
Gasparilla's Grill. We both walked in and said "this is the place with the great burger". I know it's usually the standard Disney burger everywhere but this one really isn't. I got mine with no bacon, he got his with no cheese. He asked for extra pickles because he's a "pickle junkie" he said to the lady taking our order, a manager. She thought this was hilarious and couldn't stop laughing. We eyed the desserts but he said he probably wouldn't eat it and I still had my caramel goodies so we decided to pass. Then we had a magical moment and the woman said she'd gift us with a dessert, how nice! We couldn't agree on what to split so she said take 2. So we took our delish burgers and desserts to go. He went with the coconut something and I got the almond fruit tart. Then he wanted to throw in the sign for the pic and I thought it was hilarious that you could see his shirt in the picture because he's wearing our faces.
TZZb1CE.jpg

And our burgers:
ndGUnuF.jpg

LpuFs6u.jpg

Getting ready to head out to the park I said I'd take some bites of my tart for the sake of the review. "Of course, you have to take a few bites of mine too". Ah, another reason to love him. :love:

While I normally don't eat fruit tarts, this one was so good. I loved the almond flavor and there seemed to be an apricot jam around the rim. The coconut cream tart was delicious too. So stuffed, I put my fork down and we were finally done eating for the day.

Not food related but I *loved* Happily Ever After so wanted to share a picture:
GnCCsGm.jpg

Last edited:
For our final day/Disney meal this trip, we were meeting some friends for brunch at the Grand Floridian cafe. I was really looking forward to the lobster eggs Benedict, $19.
BL7lOWA.jpg

2 others also got this and we all thought it was just ok. As you can see, the lobster to egg ratio was a little lacking and the eggs were just a tad overdone, probably waiting under heat to come out to the table. The overall taste profile was nice, there was a tomato salad on the plate which was fine. Overall this dish was not worth the wait for me.

1 person ordered the steak and eggs $19.
vEkYUry.jpg

This comes with a chimchurri sauce (which you can't see here, maybe it was under the steak?) and 2 eggs any way you like. I didn't taste this but the guest said "the steak was tender, eggs cooked over easy to order, sauce was good but Americanized (more oily, not spicy)". All good, no complaints on this dish, not a bite was left over.

Scott ordered the 3 egg omelet with cheesy potato casserole.
slZv2Be.jpg

Just realized Scott was ready to eat but was nice enough to wait for me to take a picture before digging in. He had the ham and cheese omelet, it was $14 and was basically a standard ham and cheese omelet, not much you can do with that. The real star of this dish/table was the cheesy hash brown casserole. I could've eaten a whole bowl of this and been happy.

I had a Mickey bar by the pool (until it was time for the bus ride back to the airport) but no photo. I think everyone knows what that tastes like!

Our overall spend was $350 for the 2 of us. We ate and drank what we wanted, when we wanted. It's our first time without the dining plan so I wasn't sure how we'd do money wise. The quick service dining plan would have cost about $30 less but would not have included the alcohol/sampler at food & wine. Or brunch.

I hope you'e enjoyed reading along and I'm happy to answer any questions.

Thank you so much for this, and for the pictures too. You have choices that are on our list, and I too laughed at Pickle Junkie.

Thanks for sharing! Looks like you had a fun trip with lots of good eats. :)

Thanks for sharing! Looks like you had a fun trip with lots of good eats. :)
Thanks for reading! As always, can't wait to go back!

Thank you so much for this, and for the pictures too. You have choices that are on our list, and I too laughed at Pickle Junkie.
Thanks for reading! We always have a backup jar at home!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter