VB 2013 Information & Adoration Thread ---CLOSED---

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie to VB. :thumbsup2 I just booked our spring break stay. I'm excited and a little nervous. We've never done a spring break trip to Florida, I guess have to go knowing the resort will probably be full & busy, right? I have a few questions right now and I'm sure there will be more to come. :) Thanks in advance for your help.
Does VB gift shop/bars/resturants accept Disney gift cards?
We are staying in the Inn, are there DVD players in the rooms? Do the kitchenette in these rooms include dishes or silverware? Any advice for spring break time?

Heading back to Vero for Thanksgiving week. It has become our family tradition and we LOVE LOVE LOVE being there for Thanksgiving.

In the mean time...ROB, BOBBI....anyone have a better phone number to make dining reservations directly with the Vero staff? The only number I have is the one listed in the first post of this thread.

Hi, I stopped at the front desk and they said to call 772-234-2007. The extension for dining at the resort is X2180, but they only answer if they are open. Hope this helps, they did acknowledge that the WDW dining number is hit and miss on getting a CM that is helpful. Good Luck!!

Hi, I stopped at the front desk and they said to call 772-234-2007. The extension for dining at the resort is X2180, but they only answer if they are open. Hope this helps, they did acknowledge that the WDW dining number is hit and miss on getting a CM that is helpful. Good Luck!!

Thanks for helping out with the info :)

I actually called them a month or two ago and made a request for a certain unit. Person I talked to was super nice, gave me a lot of useful info and said nothing about the pool. Thank goodness I checked the website.

And bobbiwoz, right back at ya. :)

Do we know that the Pirate ship area is closed? It is actually a separate area from the pool. I've been trying to find something online, but have lost the link to the closed pool announcements.

Does anyone know the dates of the pool closure? we are supposed to be there 12/30 - 1/4. I will be bummed if they don't have the NYE pool party...

I am glad dreamlinda did post a way to book dining.

I just checked the offerings at McKee gardens in Vero Beach. Last winter they had Frabel glass art, this year, beginning January 4, they will have the Seward Johnson Sculpture Exhibit.

http://www.mckeegarden.org

It's a lovely place, not too large, it takes about an hour to visit.
Admission Fees - October 31st - April 30th

Adults - $12.00
Seniors - $11.00
Children (3-12) - $5.00
Children under 3 - FREE
School Group*** - $1.00 per child
Tour Group*** - General Admission
Members - FREE

Bobbi:goodvibes

Never mind! Pool closure is set for 1/6 - February for anyone who needed the info.

Just booked my annual Memorial Day trip to Vero, 5/24/14-5/30/14. :) Now I just have to wait 7 months to actually be there. :)

Thank you so much for posting this. I so appreciate you taking the time to walk to the front desk and ask! Very kind of you.

Thank being said...aaaargh! The x2180 puts you right back into central dining reservations at WDW.

And while the CM at the front desk who answered the phone was lovely, she could not help with making a dining reservation. This is maddening to not be able to make a simple dining reservation. I think I will try MS next and see how far I get there.

Hi,

We arrive on Saturday for the week :cool1: and are bringing friends who have never been to VB.

I've been searching, but have been unable to find, the water temp at the beach/resort for this time of year. Anyone know? :confused3

Hoping the weather cooperates and surf is good as we have chatted up the beach so much. :) If all else fails, we'll just drink margaritas by the pool! :goodvibes

Thanks for any info.

T
:tink:

Hi,

We arrive on Saturday for the week :cool1: and are bringing friends who have never been to VB.

I've been searching, but have been unable to find, the water temp at the beach/resort for this time of year. Anyone know? :confused3

Hoping the weather cooperates and surf is good as we have chatted up the beach so much. :) If all else fails, we'll just drink margaritas by the pool! :goodvibes

Thanks for any info.

T

The chart for this is in the first post of this thread. :) Actually, just click here and scroll down to near the end of the post.

Hi, We arrive on Saturday for the week :cool1: and are bringing friends who have never been to VB. I've been searching, but have been unable to find, the water temp at the beach/resort for this time of year. Anyone know? :confused3 Hoping the weather cooperates and surf is good as we have chatted up the beach so much. :) If all else fails, we'll just drink margaritas by the pool! :goodvibes Thanks for any info. T :tink:

We are here now. It's been low to mid 80s out since we got here Saturday. Not sure the specific water temp but wading in the waves the water has been really comfortable!

Reiterating VB pool closure.

From MS..

The pool and spa will be closed at Vero Beach from 1/10 to 2/6!

Another shout out for someone to take over the VB info thread for 2014. It is easier than you think. I will help. Here are my top prospects and the # of posts on the thread this year.

PammyK 37
goofy4tink 29
bobbiwoz 28
dwelty 20
tchrrx 20
dreamlinda 19
WolfpackFan 19
Hopefully 17
laughinplace199 15
shburks 14
okw2012 13
caralyn817 10
backyardponder 10
mmmagic7754 10
tofubeast 10

How about it. One of you VB lovers willing to take the reigns for 2014? Again, I will help get you going. The rest is practically on cruise control!

Doh! :headache: Thanks for the link DisDaydeamer (aka Rob) and EllNat11.

3 days and counting -- can't wait!! :cheer2:

T

Another shout out for someone to take over the VB info thread for 2014. It is easier than you think. I will help. Here are my top prospects and the # of posts on the thread this year.

PammyK 37
goofy4tink 29
bobbiwoz 28
dwelty 20
tchrrx 20
dreamlinda 19
WolfpackFan 19
Hopefully 17
laughinplace199 15
shburks 14
okw2012 13
caralyn817 10
backyardponder 10
mmmagic7754 10
tofubeast 10

How about it. One of you VB lovers willing to take the reigns for 2014? Again, I will help get you going. The rest is practically on cruise control!

Thanks for the shout out, but I am not a DVC owner and I only have one trip to VB planned (for curiosity sake). :goodvibes

From an e- mail from MS that came today.

We understand your wish to know more about the refurbishments going on
during your January 2014 stay and we offer your the following
information.

The following refurbishments will take place at DISNEY'S VERO BEACH
Resort from Monday, January 6, 2014 through Monday, February 10, 2014.*

*Subject to change.

Vero Beach Pool, Pool Spa and Pirate's Plunge Pool Slide will be closed
for refurbishments. This will not affect the Tiger Lilly Wet Deck, Port
Holes Miniature Golf, Community Hall, Blinkers Arcade, Bleacher’s Bar
and Grill or Eb & Flo’s Rentals.

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Thank you,

Donna

Member Services | Online Communications

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter