VB report

ses1230

DIS Veteran
We just got back from our first trip as DVC members! We were at VB for 6 days in April.

We had an easy and quick check-in on a Sunday evening. A few minutes after we got to our room we got a call from the front desk CM who said, "I noticed you have a baby with you (DD 2yrs.), would you like to move to a room that has a bathtub?" Our room had just a stall shower - which I hadn't even noticed yet! So he came up and helped us move. We had a OVIR which had 2 queens, TV and DVD player, small porch, bathroom with separate vanity area and a kitchenette. I was also happy to learn that the laundry facilities were on our floor and that the washers and dryers were free. I went to Walmart on the first day and bought some laundry detergent and some snacks, milk and water.

The hotel and grounds are beautiful. If I had to say anything, the paint on the walls could have used a new coat, but really how long are you in your room anyway?! I noticed that there were a ton of activities for kids and I can't wait to go back when DD is a little older b/c she will love it. The pool is well kept and clean. The only problem (which I saw on another TR, too) is finding seats that aren't "reserved". In fact on the last few days of our stay, we got voicemails everyday from CMs saying that if your belongings were unattended for more that an hour, they would be moved to Eb and Flo's. The beach was very nice, but the water is very rough so we spent all of our time at the pool. The beach looked very good for shell collecting, though. The campfire and s'more making was a lot of fun.

Dining at Sonya's (10% off for DVC members on Thursdays) at the resort and Ocean Grill outside of the resort were excellent. Dining at Shutters and Capt. Hiram's was, well, just average and the service at Shutters was spotty. We also ordered out from the pizza place next to the resort but I forget the name. The pizza was very good if you prefer thin crust.

All in all, a great trip and VB is very nice resort that we will return to. Now we countdown to our Oct. trip and OKW (and MNSSHP!:cool1: )

Stephanie

We wnet this year for the first time with our DD 2 and DS 2 mo. Loved it as well.

Didn't know some rooms only had a shower???

Not allot of activities for pre-schoolers but we had a blast and I am sure our kids will love the Unbirthday party when they are old enough.

Thanx for the report!! Leaving for Vero on the 13th, and can't wait! :thumbsup2

I noticed you mentioned a DVC discount at Sonya's. That's good info, and it reminded me...

To all DDE cardholders: Don't forget Shutter's, Sonya's, and the Green Cabin Room are now on the DDE list!! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

MG

Thanks for the report. Glad you had a good time :thumbsup2 Also, glad to hear they are doing something about the proxy reserving of chairs at the pool.

The pool is well kept and clean. The only problem (which I saw on another TR, too) is finding seats that aren't "reserved". In fact on the last few days of our stay, we got voicemails everyday from CMs saying that if your belongings were unattended for more that an hour, they would be moved to Eb and Flo's.

YAY!!!!
VB has started anti-chair hogging technology!!! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter