VDH incentives with welcome home discount question

DVCRad

Grateful for Family
We just returned from a Disneyland trip where we added on at VDH for 150 points. We bought a few days before the slightly worse fall incentives started.

Before our trip we got a call from DVC asking us if we would like to visit a guide on our trip and there was special pricing for adding on since we were on a Disney vacation. When we met with the guide we mentioned this but he seemed to just pull up regular rate sheets. We ended up taking advantage of the regular summer incentives, but now I wonder if we missed out on the Welcome Home discount now. Was VDH eligible for Welcome Home discount before Sep 12?

Thanks!

We just returned from a Disneyland trip where we added on at VDH for 150 points. We bought a few days before the slightly worse fall incentives started.

Before our trip we got a call from DVC asking us if we would like to visit a guide on our trip and there was special pricing for adding on since we were on a Disney vacation. When we met with the guide we mentioned this but he seemed to just pull up regular rate sheets. We ended up taking advantage of the regular summer incentives, but now I wonder if we missed out on the Welcome Home discount now. Was VDH eligible for Welcome Home discount before Sep 12?

Thanks!
I had the same question after purchase as well. I concluded WH credit was only available for WDW resorts. That’s because I didn’t know about it until my guide included it in our VGF and RIV purchases late summer.

I would advise you to call your guide today and verify though. If I was incorrect and VDH does qualify for WH, then they would probably work with you and ammend the contract. If not and you are still within 10-day rescission period you could always threaten to rescind.

I attached my two VDH offer sheets for reference: “original” = may 150 pt purchase; other = june (only $50 worse on 150 pts).

Attachments

• villasatdisneyland_member_developercredit.pdf
    722.7 KB · Views: 28
  • original villasatdisneyland_member_developercredit.pdf
    721.3 KB · Views: 14
I had the same question after purchase as well. I concluded WH credit was only available for WDW resorts. That’s because I didn’t know about it until my guide included it in our VGF and RIV purchases late summer.

I would advise you to call your guide today and verify though. If I was incorrect and VDH does qualify for WH, then they would probably work with you and ammend the contract. If not and you are still within 10-day rescission period you could always threaten to rescind.

I attached my two VDH offer sheets for reference: “original” = may 150 pt purchase; other = june (only $50 worse on 150 pts).
So the new incentive is ultimately $1450 more? BTW, I'm not jealous AT ALL of your DVC banners in your signature :)

Thanks for those! We got the same deal your updated offer was. I think, from what I can tell, VDH wasn't eligible for the Welcome Home credit until September 12. It's too bad a staff member from DVC cold called me to tell me that there was a special offer since we were staying at the resort that weekend when there really wasn't.

So the new incentive is ultimately $1450 more? BTW, I'm not jealous AT ALL of your DVC banners in your signature :)
Hahaha, if you're interested, there is a story behind each banner. Just click. As for the "original" offer sheet, thanks for pointing out the discrepancy...it is incomplete for some reason. There was an additional developer credit of $1500 that did not show up in the offer sheet but it was widely advertised at the time. Looking back at my contracts, total developer credit in May for my 150 points (before Membership Magic) was $3000. In June, it was $2950. So $50 less for 150 points in May than it was in June.
Thanks for those! We got the same deal your updated offer was. I think, from what I can tell, VDH wasn't eligible for the Welcome Home credit until September 12. It's too bad a staff member from DVC cold called me to tell me that there was a special offer since we were staying at the resort that weekend when there really wasn't.
Happy to help... it is so confusing the various ways that they can incent us to buy. They certainly know what they're doing! For VDH, it won't be for years, if ever, that they will have a better offer. I don't think they will do to the other towers what they did with VGF, otherwise they would've done it on the VGC side already. DVC market in SoCal is truly a different beast!

You are correct. Welcome Home wasn't available for DLH during the summer promotions when it was $1,500 for member add-ons.

It became available at DLH 9/12 when it was lowered to $1,000 for member add-ons.

That is a bummer if that is the case because I got the Welcome Home credit when buying 150 GFV summer incentive with a upcoming trip booked for DLH.

We just locked in the summer incentive (we were at the end of the 7 day interest window) and confirmed the Welcome Home can not be combined with the summer incentive. The summer incentive was $450 better than the current fall incentive. We didn’t care about the sell back option as our use year is September and we will us the points. Mike

We just locked in the summer incentive (we were at the end of the 7 day interest window) and confirmed the Welcome Home can not be combined with the summer incentive. The summer incentive was $450 better than the current fall incentive. We didn’t care about the sell back option as our use year is September and we will us the points. Mike
Nice! We are also a September use year but decided to do the MB anyway as we already have our WDW trip booked and don’t need the points this year. Worked out great for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter