VDH Standard vs Preferred Room

It’s the same problem as Riviera. There’s nothing particularly special about any of the views, so what is and isn’t preferred when it’s pool vs trees vs neighborhood is entirely subjective.

It’s not like you are closer to stuff like at SSR. Its not like you get view of a large body of water like at VGF. You just get a different set of mediocre view options.

Reactions: ehh
It’s the same problem as Riviera. There’s nothing particularly special about any of the views, so what is and isn’t preferred when it’s pool vs trees vs neighborhood is entirely subjective.

It’s not like you are closer to stuff like at SSR. Its not like you get view of a large body of water like at VGF. You just get a different set of mediocre view options.
All subjective. I love the view at Riviera on the preferred side. And no, the water isn’t as massive as VGF sees but isn’t too dinky either and beautiful to me. It seems like the prevailing opinion is people don’t like to look at Caribbean Beach but I think it’s pretty too. I’m not a fireworks person and the ball is so far away when looking out the standard side that I’d much prefer water and Skyliner over parking lot and distant sphere.

IMG_1174.jpeg

Saw it a week ago on the DVC Fan FB group. From what they were told by the manager it sounds like there’ll be a new “Partial View” category of some sort. How do you think the point chart will shake out with a new category added?
If they are reducing the points of some rooms by moving them from Preferred to Partial, then other things must go up to compensate (or they sell fewer points). Considering the small gap between SV and PV currently, I suspect most of the bump would land on the Preferred side to create clearer tiering between SV, PaV, and PrV.

In theory, moving rooms to a mid-tier 'Partial' is less impactful to everyone else than moving to Standard (in terms of points impact), but I'm curious which rooms would actually move?

Standard View at VDH is pretty rough across all the rooms. Then there's all the PrV rooms with some sort of Palette Pool view, but one wing of the highest floors (usually the most sought after) also have a street view (a negative). So would the high-floor-with-street-view change to Partial? Or the lower floors that get exactly what's promised: view of a pool.

Then there's Monorail Pool view, which I do think is the superior view and would remain as Preferred, but I'm still not at all clear which rooms on the other side would move to Partial.

Then there's also the matter of what to do about the 2BRs, which are at the far edge of the full-tower wing facing both Palette and Monorail Pools. Would some of them convert to Partial view too?

IMO, the categories they need to make are:
  • Duo with Balcony
  • Duo without Balcony
  • Deluxe Studio with Tub
  • Deluxe Studio with Walk-in Shower
But they won't, because low-inventory room categories can make things messy, especially when only a limited number of rooms have been declared.

If they are reducing the points of some rooms by moving them from Preferred to Partial, then other things must go up to compensate (or they sell fewer points). Considering the small gap between SV and PV currently, I suspect most of the bump would land on the Preferred side to create clearer tiering between SV, PaV, and PrV.

In theory, moving rooms to a mid-tier 'Partial' is less impactful to everyone else than moving to Standard (in terms of points impact), but I'm curious which rooms would actually move?

Standard View at VDH is pretty rough across all the rooms. Then there's all the PrV rooms with some sort of Palette Pool view, but one wing of the highest floors (usually the most sought after) also have a street view (a negative). So would the high-floor-with-street-view change to Partial? Or the lower floors that get exactly what's promised: view of a pool.

Then there's Monorail Pool view, which I do think is the superior view and would remain as Preferred, but I'm still not at all clear which rooms on the other side would move to Partial.

Then there's also the matter of what to do about the 2BRs, which are at the far edge of the full-tower wing facing both Palette and Monorail Pools. Would some of them convert to Partial view too?

IMO, the categories they need to make are:
  • Duo with Balcony
  • Duo without Balcony
  • Deluxe Studio with Tub
  • Deluxe Studio with Walk-in Shower
But they won't, because low-inventory room categories can make things messy, especially when only a limited number of rooms have been declared.
Didn’t they downgrade some rooms at BLT to Standard view without making any corresponding changes?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter