VDH Unit and Sales Tracker

This is a good call out! Eventually these should be in near-equilibrium (where the completion rate is nearly equal to the initiation rate), though definitely not yet.

Also weird paperwork errors like what @Dobermanns posted, too.
I'm not sure what the percentage might be, but since the initial contracts are being purchased by savvy, experienced DVC owners, and given how many people use travel CC's to make down payments (I used my AmEx Bus Plat for my last direct purchase for the 5X points, which ended up being good for two round trip tix LAX/MCO on Delta), it could be as high as 25 or 30% (maybe more?) of all contracts sold so far.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what the percentage might be, but since the initial contracts are being purchased by savvy, experienced DVC owners, and given how many people use travel CC's to make down payments (I used my AmEx Bus Plat for my last direct purchase for the 5X points, which ended up being good for two round trip tix on Delta), it could be as high as 25 or 30% (maybe more?) of all contracts sold so far.
I am planning to meet 3 credit card SUBs when we purchase next week 😁 Will get us over 300k points with SUBs and 2-3x for travel purchase

I'm not sure what the percentage might be, but since the initial contracts are being purchased by savvy, experienced DVC owners, and given how many people use travel CC's to make down payments (I used my AmEx Bus Plat for my last direct purchase for the 5X points, which ended up being good for two round trip tix LAX/MCO on Delta), it could be as high as 25 or 30% (maybe more?) of all contracts sold so far.
I'd be shocked if it's double-digit %, but I'm also not sure the percentage matters.

I'm not out to say "X points sold in May". I'm happy to live in recorded points certainty and sold-to-date uncertainty/fuzziness 😊

I'd be shocked if it's double-digit %, but I'm also not sure the percentage matters.

I'm not out to say "X points sold in May". I'm happy to live in recorded points certainty and sold-to-date uncertainty/fuzziness 😊
Oh, I would bet it's at least double digits. We're not talking about financing, just sophisticated owners who will purchase on CC's to snag SUB's or other high-multiplier points, then pay off the CC, the same as cash.

I mean, what percentage of buyers put at least the down payment on a credit card, 90+%? It's not much of a stretch to assume a good number of those people then say "Hey, can you split that into 2 payments?".

ETA: totally get that you're only looking at recorded sales. Just offering a possible explanation for some of those "missing" contracts and suggesting the numbers might be a good bit higher (subject to confirmation later).

Last edited:

- DVC signed 8 days after we signed.
- Then email from Quality Assurance 5 days later stating there was a balance on our contract delaying close.
Called them the next morning. Even the Quality Assurance CM said it was weird. $0.12 balance on one contract and credit on the other (we split into two contracts). This was preventing the close of escrow. She said it would be taken care of the same day.
- Deeds recorded two days later.

So total of 15 days between our docusign and recording.
12 cents! That is so weird and annoying. We signed last Saturday and got thr email from docusign that DVC signed yesterday. So similar timeline to you in that it was 7 days. Hoping for now QA calls now!

I had to re-sign (apparently missed something the first time) on 5/12. Looks like mine was recorded 5/22.

When was that purchase that got you the 5x on AmEx Bus Plat? I read that timeshare doesn't count towards 5x for Amex, so I was thinking Sapphire was the best option for 2x or 3x (pref vs reserve)

When was that purchase that got you the 5x on AmEx Bus Plat? I read that timeshare doesn't count towards 5x for Amex, so I was thinking Sapphire was the best option for 2x or 3x (pref vs reserve)
It's been over 2 years. I'd have to go back and look.

It's been over 2 years. I'd have to go back and look.
Interesting! I’ve been reading different boards and they all stated that Chase Sapphire or Chase Business Ink is the way to go for 3x the points, because AmEx platinum codes as timeshare and only gives 1x the point. My guide is super nice and said we can try a small amount on the American Express Platnium to see how it codes and decide from there. I put the initial deposit on a Chase Disney for the six months interest free, as I was not ready to play these credit card point games!

Interesting! I’ve been reading different boards and they all stated that Chase Sapphire or Chase Business Ink is the way to go for 3x the points, because AmEx platinum codes as timeshare and only gives 1x the point. My guide is super nice and said we can try a small amount on the American Express Platnium to see how it codes and decide from there. I put the initial deposit on a Chase Disney for the six months interest free, as I was not ready to play these credit card point games!
I don’t know. I do know credit cards can and often do change how things code, so maybe it was something they’ve updated. I have heard more recently (maybe even in one of these VDH threads) that DVC was still coding as travel, but maybe that’s just for dues? Who knows. Like I said, it’s been just over 2 years now, so I can’t remember what the specifics were.

I do know that AmEx is going nuts right now on SUB’s and referral bonuses, which seems odd in the current financial climate, so who knows how they think or what their motivations are.

50 points 0.0623. No good at math but does this equate to 80, 257 total for the unit?
Yep! 80,257 ± 64

Based on the Condo Plan, 1G has 7 PV Deluxe Studios and 1 dedicated 2BR, which should add up to 83,216. But all the Units have been slightly off, including 1J, which is just a single Grand Villa. I suppose it'll all work out in the end.

We're at over 100k points recorded!

With a really large batch of contracts recorded on 5/25, we're actually at ~110k.

Updates from the last few days:
  • On 5/23, there was a pretty quiet day with just 42 contracts recorded for ~4,900 points.
    • 117pt average, 250pt max. Ho-hum day. Thought this might be the beginning of a downturn as this was the fewest points in a day.
    • Unit 1F made its first appearance.
  • On 5/24, things were more 'normal' with 95 contracts recorded for ~11,300 points.
    • 119pt average, 350pt max.
  • On 5/25, another big day with 120 contracts recorded for ~16,800 points.
    • 140pt average, 700pt max.
It doesn't look like any one Unit is close to selling out at this point, here's a breakdown of points recorded by Unit and by date:
View attachment 763366

My Day 1/2 friends still haven't shown up, but some Week 2 friends have, kinda bizarre.

An ask: one thing I can't determine easily is the recording delay. If you are so inclined, can you look up your contract on https://cr.ocgov.com/recorderworks/ and post the number of days between the day you signed your paperwork (not the notary process) and the date listed as the recorded date?
Are we still looking for data points?
I signed my 2 contracts on 5/5 and 5/7 and the recorded dates are 5/23 and 5/24.

Reactions: ehh

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter