Vegan looking for best hotel options for a stay at Universal

Miffy

DIS Veteran
We--both of us are vegans--are WDW experts but we want to give Universal a try in December, so I've been researching hotels.
However, I can't get a grip on what the best hotel options are for vegans.

Can anyone give me some help? I want to be able to have breakfast at the hotel and a snack later if possible. But the menus I saw on the Loews site all reference "vegetarian," which of course isn't the same as vegan, and no ingredients are mentioned.

I found it pretty easy to see what the vegan options are in the parks, but I can't figure out what hotel would be best for us.

Thank you!

You might want to check out Princess and the Bear on youtube.
She is vegan so there is always a lot of vegan food reviews in their videos and they spend a lot of time at Universal.

I think most of the restaurants can usually make some of the options vegan - but its not always good.
I think I recall them really liking Stronwater in Sapphire Falls.

Universal seems to do a great job for vegan stuff for their special events, like HHN and Mardi Gras.
It's not unusual for the vegan option to be much better than the meat options.

Sapphire Falls will work for you. Even when the online menu doesn't list vegan all the hotel restaurants and snackbars will be glad to accommodate your needs.

Sapphire Falls will work for you. Even when the online menu doesn't list vegan all the hotel restaurants and snackbars will be glad to accommodate your needs.
Thanks to both of the above posters for your replies. Much appreciated.

I'm just trying to figure out if there's any particular resort where there are vegan food options, especially for breakfast, that are readily available and that don't require asking for help. I mean, I often just have oatmeal for breakfast at a WDW resort since I don't have the time or patience to wait for a chef to appear so I can order vegan Mickey waffles!

Thanks to both of the above posters for your replies. Much appreciated.

I'm just trying to figure out if there's any particular resort where there are vegan food options, especially for breakfast, that are readily available and that don't require asking for help. I mean, I often just have oatmeal for breakfast at a WDW resort since I don't have the time or patience to wait for a chef to appear so I can order vegan Mickey waffles!
You're right, there are a lot more vegetarian listings. Check out the Urban Pantry menu at Aventura. They have oatmeal and acai bowls for breakfast, a vegan wok bowl listed

https://urban-pantry.constantcontactsites.com/

Check out the Urban Pantry menu at Aventura. They have oatmeal and acai bowls for breakfast, a vegan wok bowl listed

https://urban-pantry.constantcontactsites.com/
Thanks. I just looked at their menu and there's no mention if any kind of nondairy milk (soy, almond, oat, for example) is available to use with the oatmeal.

Right now I'm having a very frustrating time trying to find out the answer to what seems to be a very simple, straightforward question. The videos on YT are mostly about the parks and when they're about the resorts, it's dinner and/or drinks that are being discussed. Also, I just need answers and am not really interested in watching lots of videos.

So, please, if anyone has answers, let me know!

--desperate me!--

Edited to add: OK. I found a site where I think there's reliable info and it looks like Cabana Bay is actually the best resort for us, with the most vegan options at various restaurants. And even with having to purchase Express Pass separately, the room rate + the Express Pass = less $ than Royal Pacific.

Last edited:
We--both of us are vegans--are WDW experts but we want to give Universal a try in December, so I've been researching hotels.
However, I can't get a grip on what the best hotel options are for vegans.

Can anyone give me some help? I want to be able to have breakfast at the hotel and a snack later if possible. But the menus I saw on the Loews site all reference "vegetarian," which of course isn't the same as vegan, and no ingredients are mentioned.

I found it pretty easy to see what the vegan options are in the parks, but I can't figure out what hotel would be best for us.

Thank you!
We stayed at Portofino Club and were traveling with someone vegan. The options were available but limited. For example there was oak milk but not almond milk for coffee and breakfast/cereal and we had to ask. Granola and stuff contained honey and I am not sure if the bread options were all vegan. We did find things every day and once the staff recognizes you and your dietary needs, they are accommodating, but it wasn't easy. Much easier to find options at City Walk and in the parks as you said.

Thanks so much to everyone on this thread for their thoughtful info!

We've decided to stay at Cabana Bay, which (supposedly) has a pretty good selection of vegan options. And if it comes down to it, there's always popcorn in the parks for breakfast. Or pretzels. We do that at WDW when we have to leave before the resort restaurant opens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter